Tuesday, July 6

Revelations Of An Afterlife..

In an Afterlife. Once upon a lifetime, I used to live in a place called the 'world'. Over there, we could 'say' but most people only 'talked'. We could 'listen' but most people only 'heard'. We could 'see' but most folks just 'looked'. In that world, there were so many avenues for growth...so many signs placed on our roads of life, by God...omens were the the only language God spoke...not English, not Hebrew. It was 'omens'. God's language was the signs and the experiences we encountered along the road of life. But people over there are so buried in their own worlds, in their 'chase', they hardly saw God's signs or the symbols he left along their roads. The experiences, the encounters, the other people they met...they forgot to 'see' them..cos they only 'looked'. When good experiences were met, they were overjoyed, they only thought of the pleasure it gave them. They missed the golden lessons that came with it, that were carefully placed by God, like the delicious bits of nuts and fruit hidden beneath a cake. People only noticed the top layer, like the icing on a cake...like the little sugar figurines that captured their eyes, not the imagination. They forgot to see the bigger picture of it all...that with good things in life we should grow humility, generosity, compassion, understanding and love. Most people there don't seem to know that we may 'succeed' many times in life but we are not a 'success' until we share it with everyone else around us. Joy that's not shared isnt joy at all. And when they encountered bad experiences along the road, people were so miserable..they cursed God...they asked why me. Again, they missed the precious lessons that came with it. They only saw the bottom layer this time, like the pits of a dark dungeon...like the burning sensation of a fire that only captured their immediate senses, but not their souls. They forgot to see the greater outcome of it all...that with bad things that happen to us in life, we should grow patience, hope, positivity and beauty of the heart. Most people there don't seem to know that we may 'fail' many times in life but we don't become a 'failure' until we blame somebody else for it...that accountability should stand tall in all situations.

God places 'items' along the road of life. Those items maybe the people we meet, the experiences we encounter and the ups and downs we go through in life. All of them happen to us for a reason...yes all of it. Even if some people leave us for good or some encounters leave us emotionally crippled..you and I met because we were meant to cross each others' paths to attend to a deep need in each other...to be there for each other at a difficult time...to awaken each others' spirits and unleash our souls. It doesn't matter that we are not together anymore...our purpose has been accomplished, our need has been met. God places 'items' along the road of life. The beautiful rose has thorns..the ugly duckling may possess the prettiest heart..the rocky road can lead to the most beautiful lake..the toothy child brought out the kid in me..the friend who never spoke to me again taught me Destiny..the flowers by the lake showed me character and patience through day and night. May all your future encounters leave you wiser than ever before! In life we look...in death we see, and I did. Life is a symptom...death is a cure.

- Keshi, July 2010, 'Revelations Of An Afterlife'


Written as a heartfelt & most honored tribute to Ria, Mehreen, Margie, Joyce & Shachi. 5 beautiful flowers God had placed along the path of my life..


Current Video: People come into your life for a reason

104 Cranium Signets:

Sig said...

Keshi!!! What a surprise to see u again here...I'm also guilty of being away for so long lol.

What a beautiful tribute....where are these people now that you have dedicated this to???

Suresh Kumar said...

What a comeback post... In this fast-paced life, we fail to notice these things and we miss so many lessons

And what a video too... Yups... I need to show this post to sum1 and give her the tribute...

Ratzzz said...

Hey Keshi girl.... was thinking abt u last nite and u write a post today... wat the??

anyways welcome back *hugzzzz*

and no dear death is not a cure, death is the end...

!Teq-uila Del Zapata said...

hello there,
a post after a loooooong time.
it was quite a thought provoking one, reading such heavy stuff in morning is bit difficult( I am always sleepy in morning, ha ha)
but, people do not see deep inside the thigh to find out the best.

Lucifer said...

lovely analogy keshi...

m not sure if u r back to regular bloggin but it's good to read your words again :)

Vaisakh P S said...

Hey Keshi,

How you have been? Hey gotta tell you something :)

I am getting married this coming November 7th.

Check out the engagement pics, I have put it up in my blog.

http://the-cognitive-factor.blogspot.com/2010/05/engaged.html

Vaisakh P S said...

Life is not a symptom, grief and despair are the symptoms.

And definitely death is not a cure for any of them...

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Welcome back Keshi girl! It is so good to see you back on blogs and I'm hoping this continues to be!

This is such a wonderful tribute that you've written!

Vishesh said...

:)

Unknown said...

I am so happy to see u back,Keshi:-) and wt an eye opening post! every word u typed there mirrors the real world so well! Thank u so much 4 this thought provoking post sweets. i am going to go slow today and see if i get thorns or flowers in the way to destiny.

erer said...

True to the core. Every word. Yes indeed. And I'm humbled the way you dedicated it to me out of so many of your friends.

Keshi, you are so you! Love you for that! mwah!

Devika Jyothi said...

Good to see you back Keshi...Now stay, don't go away :)

Bring back Margie too....I think you owning this world is as important as the world owning you :)

best,
devika

Romeo Morningwood said...

Keshtar
In the autumn of my journey I am much better at learning the lessons and being aware of the serendipitous joy of having someone special cross my path...happenstance or fate, karma or destiny, whatever name you assign to it, if you are not open to the experience, you lose so much of the beauty of knowing another sentient being.

It is wonderful to hear your thoughts again..It appears that you are still making memories and enjoying a period of constructive self examination in the outer world. I am pleased to find you in such a tranquil place..as always, your friend.

Vinz said...

Hey, Nice to read your stuff after a long time...

And a gud write up...
Hope millions read this and realize the real meaning of what u said..

Cheers..

Rià said...

I am so glad to see a post from u after such a long time. Ur post was heart touching...i can think of innumerable number of ppl who live this kinda life that u hav talked about here, lost in the rat race.

That's the reason why so many of them feel lost, without a goal in life, without a purpose to live for. They somewhere fail to get the essence of life.

I won't say that i have the essence of life, but i m definitely not lost in the maze of life. And i feel happy about that, i know there are miles to go before i get there...but i am definitely not as vain as others.

I am so touched to know tht there is a mention of my name in this post. Something like this coming from you is extremely heartening, Keshi. Do u know why i keep saying this? Its bcoz u have touched the lives of some people in a way even u don't know! Once again thanks for the post, stay good. :)

Much Love,
Ria

Anwesa said...

A beautiful,touching post. Truly "revealations of an afterlife".

Pri said...

heyyyy keshi...happy to see u back here :)
hope all's fine with u..

keep in touch and do update yr blog atleast once in a while.

and here is hoping you had a wonderful birthday..
take care

Priya Joyce said...

As always your post touched my heart!

It feels great to read you all over again after a long time!

and loved to be a part of this vy touching post :)

*hugs*

Jeevan said...

Beautiful, because it is everywhere here... a bud that blooms long after... smile and cherish on everyone... in such courteous way is lovable. Hope you continue here keshi dear.

Lovely said and truly said! Falling is just a learning experience of standing... but sometimes rarely we fall in a pit!

MARIA said...

I am so so happy to see you Keshi and your coming is very inspiring!
My best greetings and wishes for you!
with love
maria

tsduff said...

Hello dear Keshi - your writing sounds terribly deep and sober. I hope you are well. Love Terry

Shachi said...

Keshi, what a deep meaningful touching post!

Thank you so much for mentioning me here.

I always found your writing very genuine, and you as a very pure hearted person in this online world.

I kept in touch because I wanted to, because I felt the need to....the desire came from within and there was no reason to deny it :).

Hugzzz and Love....
Shachi

Tarun said...

God's language is conscience. :)
I believe we ought to be humble and magnanimous,I believe magnanimity of thoughts and deeds is fast diminishing from our lives.

People now are are making a genuine effort to be BAD. :(

*you and I met because we were meant to cross each others' paths to attend to a deep need in each other...to be there for each other at a difficult time...to awaken each others' spirits and unleash our souls.*
- this is so You.
:D
*we may 'fail' many times in life but we don't become a 'failure' until we blame somebody else for it* - yeah,well said i fail we succeed,that kinda a people I would love friends.

*Life is a symptom...death is a cure.*
Life is a chance to do fruitful things for others, death is tragic truth.

*jumps up and down reading the blog.*

Spread the smiles Keshi.
Belated B'day greetings.

Saim said...

Hi Keshi
how r u? whts up....how is life? still making every1 down under go weak in d knees,I hope:D

dun even hv ur email id 2 keep in touch...I disappeared of course but am trying 2 cum back....would be amazing if v cud reconnect:)

Comfortably Numb

rainboy said...

you back Keshi ??

Nice to see you here. :)

Take care

Vest said...

Keshi: I am absolutely and totally inspired to return to full time blogging now you have resurrected your blog.
One of my lifes simple pleasures is to read your beautful posts, which must in turn evolve from a beautiful person with a beautiful mind, L Y. welcome back,xxx.
BTW How are the kids?

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

HAPPY BELATED B'DAY KESHI!

It felt really nice to see you back, and nicer to read your post.

I had gone through something similar, that made me realize that the moment something bad happens we forget about all the good things that happened, and concentrate all our energies on the negativity of life.

The line where you said " God places experiences as learning milestones in our path" sums it up.

People come and go, and yet we meet them coz it was meant to be. :)


-hope you keep writing more and we get to meet you more :)

Commander Zaius said...

Keshi, so good to see writing again even if this is just a one time thing.

To be honest with you I am rather bummed out over the very sentiment you expressed.

They forgot to see the bigger picture of it all...that with good things in life we should grow humility, generosity, compassion, understanding and love.

On both the small and grand scale I see far too many people so wrapped up in their own achivements that they forgot everyone else. Even worse, instead of sharing what the have they become scared of the outsider or "boogeyman" and fear someone is out to take what they have.


And when they encountered bad experiences along the road, people were so miserable..they cursed God...they asked why me.

Same thing here, lots of people want to blame someone else for their bad situation but in reality it all boils down to the choices we make.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I have my bad days and bad weeks but at least I can still see the forest for the trees most of the time.

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

Ps:- Forgot to add, a few days back only I was telling someone that blogworld is nothing without the bloggers who started before us, coz they wrote truly from their heart not worrying about others. :)

& Now you're back. feels good :)

Compassion Unlimitted said...

What a post ! Back with a bang...Philosophical but practical...Realities of life ,buried in dust but now brought out effectively in simple words..
Donno whats the prompt but touches on most of the things we fail to SEE in day to day life
TC
CU

starry said...

Hi Keshi so good to see you back.A very thought provoking honest and truthful post about life.Thank you.How have you been,missed you a lot and am glad you are back even if it is for just a while.A big hug to you and welcome home.

Nora said...

Hello again sweet gal. x

Nora

Suresh Kumar said...

I had left a comment i suppose yesterday...
Well... I don't see it...
Anyway I was welcoming u back...
And I liked the video... Great One...

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey ... nice to read your posts after a long long long time

hope you are all doing well.

you are absolutely right ... we forget to count our blessings, and in turn crib when things go wrong.

take care of yourself ... and follow your passion .. ok ?

Swati Sengupta said...

yay!!! at last i get to read something good again... :)

Jack said...

Keshi,

Nice to have you back. And with what a thought provoking write up. We do tend to miss out on signs which God wants us to see as we feel those are too trivial. This post also shows that you have undergone some experience which made you feel this way. Do share it, if you feel like.

Take care

Nirmal said...

gud to read u again keshi....sent me email if possible...will love to be in touch with u..:)

Chakoli said...

:))))

Good to see u back sweetie :))
U knw just 2-3 days back I was thinking abt u :)
and so happy to see u :))

long..... awaited post this is!!!

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

Keshi gal,rocking post:)
Long time!and I am very glad to see a post from you.
Please keep posting frequently.
We con't wait for soooo long.

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

Keshiiiii gal...Glad to read ur post after a longggggggggggg time..
plz do keep writing gal :)
we con't wait for soooo long.

mystic rose said...

Hey Kesh!
Thanks for the visit, made me happy to see your comment pop up in my Inbox.

You write with such amazing clarity and intensity, I hope you never stop. Clearly writing is your passion (or one of your passions :) ), blog or not not withstanding. Great to hear from you and wishing you all the happiness.

Margie said...

Dear sweet friend, Keshi
I've been meaning to come by earlier and leave a comment but it's been not such a good week!
I am truly touched and honored that you included me amomg those that you paid tribute to .... thanx so very much!

This is such a beautiful post, I so loved it!
Full of wisdom and so very true!

I send you much love!

Margie XOXO

Thousif Raza said...

first of all its great to see you back.... its always the same keshi... people tend to see only the good things, while they fail to see that the bad things which we think are bad... are the real lessons that help us to live a nicer life.. a life filled with knowing who are the real persons who care about us... who would tend to your care when we are down .... such people are rare to find... you have found them and iam really happy for that...



you know i tallk o my frenz sometimes abt you... you were the girl who taught me at one time... to live in the moment and enojy life... be what it may happiness or sad... and i'lll always remember that fact...

just have one wish... to seethat old keshi... the happy the crazy... the sexy ;) keshi... back.... :)


hope to see here real soon...



take care and keep writing..........

Jeya Anand said...

That felt so good and soothing to read.. :)
"In life we look...in death we see, and I did. Life is a symptom...death is a cure."

Those are powerful lines, I say..

Great to hear from u aft a long time:)

Hemanth Potluri said...

beautiful tribute to awesome friends :)...nice to see your post :)..

and yeah it was a surprise :)..have a gr8 sunday enjoy..

urs..hemu..

The Phosgene Kid said...

Hope you're back for good. Missed your sweet smile...

Sudeep said...

Came by to leave belated bday wishes as I was out of town earlier. A new post on an abandoned blog is a nice sign :)
Hope things are good with you and you had a nice birthday as well. Have a fantastic year ahead..

lots of love

Arti Honrao said...

Life is a symptom...death is a cure.

GBU
Arti

How do we know said...

this is sooooo beautifully written Keshi.. and God! AM I GLAD TO HAVE U BACK. pls stay this time.. even if it is for updates from the afterlife.. just stay, ok?

Anonymous said...

Was glad to see that you posted sweetie.. I just opened my blog back up a couple weeks ago!!

Hope you are doing well, and this post was awesome!! as always I get a revelation out of all of your writings!!

Love ya!
Ne!

wallycrawler said...

There you are!

The Phosgene Kid said...

SO you like totally revelated yet???

Menchie said...

keshigirl!!!! i missed reading your posts. Hope everything's alright with you.

Dawn said...

WOW! Good to see you here gal! But let me tell you keep coming in my thoughts every time and I say - God Bless Her :)!
I am sure you must be doing fine and touching people's life one or the other way :)
I loved the tribute - I am also a believer that people come in our life for a reason...it's for sure :)
Be in touch girl... my gmail id: fizadawn@gmail.com

Do write to me.
With love and hugs
Cheers

luvwannabefree25 said...

So beautiful.. I haven't been around for a while and remember our friendly posts.. I'm so glad you are posting again.

JD ;)

luvwannabefree25 said...

U R Awesome. I love your posts. I wish you'd post more often. I miss our blogs (from years ago).. probably don't remember me.

JD ;)

rayshma said...

very long time, keshi!
good to see you back here.
hope all's well and that you had a fab b'day! :)

Lindsey said...

Look at ya...still posting!!! LOL

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

You need to read about "Abiku" or "Ogbanje" ion Yoruba and Igbo belief systems.

I see that you are still flowering radiantly in the garden of your enchanted life.

The Phosgene Kid said...

must still be relevating the revelations of the relevant...

Globescoper said...

HI KESHI!

BEV HERE!

NICE TO SEE YOU BACK!

I just got back after being away on a project and saw you post.

It's nice reading a great writer which you are.

I'm not writing any blogs; however, we still have some entertainment and information blogs.

My blog has departed blogville and is now in blogville heaven. LOL


Bev

Mirage said...

What a beautiful thought! your friends are lucky to have you! been here after long and i'm so happy at what i found! my day suddenly feels brighter :)

Satish Bolla said...

keshi, am so overwhelmed to see you back here. this post shows why you r one my all-time fav bloggers.

anyways, may god bless Ria, Mehreen, Margie, Joyce & Shachi and youself with his choicest blessings

anits said...

hi keshi...how r uuuuu???missing u so much....hope u r fine ...tcare yah! n stay hot babe....

Innocent Devil....Yet not so innocent ;) said...

Hi Keshi
Beautiful post as always...it felt as though u have poured out my heart there....i too miss my friend...but even i think my role that god intended in his life is over...so i need to carry on now...anyways take care....

Rani said...

hey keshi, its been a while since i have blogged, but im trying to come back to blogging for sure, either way, read ure post and i always believe people enter and leave ure life for a reason and everyone good or bad was a guardian -- guiding away from bad or steering u into bad situation for a good lesson that probably needed to be learned.
anyways, my new blog is
http://chocolteluva.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Hi dear..how are you doing?
I hope you are in good spirits of health and having a good time!

I just came here to say you are in my thoughts and prayers.

take care with lots of luv n hugs
Cheers

Margie said...

Dear Keshi
Thanx for the sweet birthday wishes on my blog (I hardly ever go there any longer but it made me smile to see Sweet YOU there!)

Also thanx for the sweet card!

Talk soon!

Lots of love to you, Keshi.

Margie XOXO

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hiiii

MARIA said...

I'd like to tell you that I think about you
and I'd like to send you
my best wishes!

Be happy dear Keshi!

trinitystar said...

A lovely thought provoking post.
Nice to see you here ... it takes time to return. It is good to see you Keshi.
I feel so guilty for not being here ... some good friends gone.
New ones to be made.
hugs for you

Tys on Ice said...

hey, whats with you?

I worry abt people with too much god in them...becos then theres very little of them there..

how u been? u sound damn sad in ur posts..kind of weary...

my question is, wheres keshi? or has this god person consumed her completely?

hey, its great to see u back...in whatever incarnation.

starry said...

Just dropped by to say hello.have been thinking of you lately.Hope all is going well.Take care and here's a big warm hug from across the miles.

Jimmy said...

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
I'm gonna take you to paradise

Hey hey my my look at me
You got me feeling free

Sexy eyes
Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes

I'm gonna take you to paradise
Hey hey my my can't you see
You were born to dance with me

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
You know I'm never gonna tell you lies

Jimmy said...

Good to see you back Keshi...Now stay, don't go away :)

Bring back Margie too....I think you owning this world is as important as the world owning you :)

and Yes I have the hottz for devika too

Harmony said...

hi keshi..its always a great feeling coming to meet you dear..nicely said..take care.

Margie said...

Thinking of you my friend!

Love
Margie xo

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

Hey really gud one..
And the music in ur page too ;)
Tc..

Cheers,
Ravi.
(http://j-ravi.blogspot.com)

MARIA said...

My best of the best wishes to you
dear Keshi!
Take care!

Rià said...

Hey Keshi! Am at work now, just thought of dropping by to say a hi. Thought of letting you know that i still miss ur posts which were so full of life & wisdom. There's nobody else other than u who can write such posts.

Miss u!

Love,
Ria

Clyde said...

How many people do you see in a day----not too many---you might see a face, a smile, eyes, a figure, but do you see the person.
You will get surprised by people you have known for a long time--there are things that you don't know about them---some they don't want you to know---some you wish you didn't know

Unknown said...

great written....
Pls Visit My Music Blog For Downloading Songs...

Download Direct Hindi Music Songs And Ghazals

rantravereflect/ jane said...

i came bak to blog, n ya arent here, cmon gurl, gimme company!!!!!

Jimmy said...

heyy Keshi

the father of your jungle kids is depressed


he is talking of after life
the Silly old man, there is no after life for atheists

PriPat said...

lovely blog...

came jumping 2wards ur blog when i stated posting again ... i guess v used to follow each other blog 4 yrs ago!

PriPat said...

lovely blog...

came jumping 2wards ur blog when i stated posting again ... i guess v used to follow each other blog 4 yrs ago!

My Unfinished Life said...

hi babes!!!...
how you doing???
its wonderful reading your writing after such a long time!!!....

Preeti said...

I see so much in common bet us two.. Two sisters. I too miss my dad. A LOT. I too need jus one more day with him. will do anything for that.
Please come back dear.
I truly need you...

Sun Follower said...

Beautiful as always. I miss you. xo

Margie said...

Hi my dear friend!
Just wanted to tell you that whenever I think of you, I always smile!

Lots of love to you!

Margie :)

Tarun said...

Beer is flowing chicken is on the palate some of it in on the plate as well.

Will for the wheels of time and chimes of tide to turn.

How must you be Keshi?

Preeti said...

I miss you. I really do.

krystyna said...

I miss you Keshi!

Rià said...

I dunno if u still visit ur blog or not...but i just thought of dropping by to say a hi! Miss u Keshi, i m sorry for not having mailed u in a while. But that's not why i m here, i have come to tell u something. There's a news for u on my blog. Plz plz do read my latest post and u'll know what it is about. :)

Thanks & hugs,
Ria

Romeo Morningwood said...

Hey Keshiroo,
how are yoooo?
:)

Dawn said...

Hi dear...how are you? Hope you had a great diwali celebration! I remember you every time - no matter what :) I feel sometimes we have something more than this blog world connection :)
we will figure out
You take care - you are always in my prayers
Cheers n Hugs to u

Commander Zaius said...

Just dropping in to say hi, hope you are well.

david santos said...

Hello, Keshi!
Have a nice weekend!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

too long you are gone.. it is time to return back sissyer... miss you :)

Trinaa said...

It's great to come back and read something like this!

"God places 'items' along the road of life." Well yeah! He certainly does. ;)

MARIA said...

Merry Christmas my Dear Online Angel!

krystyna said...

Dear Kashi!

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and joyously happy and healthy New Year!

Unknown said...

haven't u been away for too long now?
hope life is treating ya well...

Jimmy said...

THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT OUR FRIENDSHIP CONTRACT FOR 2011-2012 HAS BEEN UPGRADED to a LOVERS CRUISE


We embark on this SHIP on 31/12/2010


- Saby, IMNUTSINCAPS