Friday, November 26

Childhood Memories...

What is/are your favourite childhood memory/memories? And how do you relate them to various situations in life today? There are many for me but I don't want to make this post too long so I mention 2 favourites here:

I was a butterfly at my kindy concert :) I remember running around carrying large yellow wings and the flowers were seated on the floor - LOL! It was cute and I loved being a butterfly, so carefree and happy. At the time I took it so serious that days before the concert, I used to keep the beautifully structured wings under my bed to protect them and not get stolen or lost. Every morning I used to check under the bed to see if they were there...I loved my wings. But after the concert I had to give them back to my kindy teacher :( As I grew up, I realised that wings can be clipped, some butterflies fall, some fly high, some wings are colorful and some are plain...some have all the freedom, some don't. And the most beautiful butterflies get hurt...

Another favourite chidlhood memory of mine is that I used to make different kinds of food for my dad...I was only about 6 then! I used to put my apron on, mix flour and water in a bowl, add sugar and butter and make some sticky stuff, then bake them in wiggly shapes :) Then I used to place them carefully on a serving tray and give it to my dad with the biggest smile ever. He always ate them with happy expressions on his face - hehehe...no matter how hard it was to bite or how yukky it must have tasted :) Looking back I realise that people who love you will accept you for who you are...no matter what you are like or what you do. People who expect too much from you are trying to make you someone else...someone that you are not...

So tell me your childhood memories and how you can relate them to what you have learnt as an adult. Thanks folks, can't wait to know your childhood :)






21 Cranium Signets:

Ashes said...

i had a happy childhood.very silent and very mine.I loved it but most people think that i was a withdrawn and dreamy.I recall this episode when i was asked to attened Josh's b'day.Josh my cousin.I was to play a Roman warrior who takes away the young princess away from the clutches of some pirates.Josh was the pirate and my cousin Stephanie was the princess.I loved being the roman warrior and I would stand close to my cousin in all the pics,assuming that I really had won her.She still teases me about it.hehe..she's crazy

firacub said...

Hi there keshi...
So you found my thoughts kinda romantic. Cool... Well as you were wondering.. these were my own original thoughts. Just felt like being a romeo for a sec, so I did hehehehe.... As far as being on IT goes, my shift has changed. Thats why you dont see me anymore on IT. But I will try to be there somehow. I do check your posts quite often. One thing I wanna say here is that if you know that you will burn your hands after touching something hot then do not touch it in the first place thinking that someone would be there with the warmth and patience to wipe your tears. I am one person who reads between the lines. Let me share my thoughts here... I always go for what a person tells or writes in his/her subconcious state of mind. Thats when they reveal their true identity. Thats one thing that you cannot control except when you know how to go about it. Just take life easily and I hope the butterfly in you finds the flower its looking for. If you have anything to say just visit my blog and post your comment. Till then take care.


Huggzzzz,
Firacub.

firacub said...

oohh I almost forgot. As far as memories go. Thats what I am made up of. People say that I have an uncommon face that resembles someone they know. I talk in a way that reminds them of someone else. Somehow at times I feel I have lost my own identity. I have a good memory yet I dont feel like remembering anything now. I smile but never from the heart. I am happy yet I dont feel the happiness. Somehow all this just has a momentary existance in my life. Thas me Keshi.... Hope to hear from you soon.

Adieus,
Firacub.

Keshi said...

Ash...that's so sweet...you still are a warrior who saves many princesses...you've done alot to save my day, did you ever know that?

Fira...you're very interesting...I hope to catch up with u soon...thanks for your beautiful childhood descriptions.

Kesh.

Keshi said...

aww footsi...so so so sweet! But looks like your dad's efforts were wasted but it's an advantage for us...because you write so well... :)

Your mum...I'm so sorry footsi...oh well I remember the morning I found my dad dead...he was only 44...it's still fresh in my memory like it happened yesterday...I want to forget it...but it's so hard...I feel it's so selfish to go on living when someone so precious, so beautiful, so worthy of living was deprived of a long life...but life goes on for me...and I realise he would want me to go on...same with your mum footsi...she would want you to go on, grab life and live it happily...

Huggggz
Keshi.

diffy said...

Gosh !!! i really think...footy meant his dad had grey shades...and his mom(dads wife) tried to help him get away wid em'....talk about people being ... orthographically challenged!!!

firacub said...

So this is what was written:

Childhood memory ..ummmmm...my mom dyeing my dad's hair and dad shouting at me ' footy ..u not gonna read poems nemore'

And this is how Keshi read it:

Childhood memory ..ummmmm...my mom dyeing, my dad's hair and dad shouting at me ' footy ..u not gonna read poems nemore'

Sometimes a comma does change the meaning of a line altogether. U should always give the benifit of doubt to the leader. Hey Keshi I do think that now I understand how much the butterfly was hurt.......

Peace Forever,
Arif.

firacub said...

I meant to say benefit of doubt to the reader.

Sorry folks.....

yours always,
Firacub.

Dewdrop said...

My childhood memories of the fancy dress competitions are very notable. I was a shy kid who vehemently objected to being in the spotlight. However, all my timidity vanished into thin air if I got to dress up for the occasion. I was the kid who could not get a single dialogue straight until the day of dress rehearsal. It is because of my untamable zeal for dressing up that I loved fancy dresses. My mother took great efforts dressing me up as Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Puppet girl, milkmaid girl etc. Each dressing experience was so much fun.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

Sorry Keshi,
dat was an accidental delete ...didnt mean to..... reproduced again..word to word...

my child hood SUX-ed real bad..... i was the Charlie Brown guy in my gang...
all dat happened to CB ......happened to me 10 fold...

now i m 54 and trying to enjoy a better second child hood...like Michael ..the Jackson..... i get a kick out of attracting young girls by ...witty and suggestive comments ...my latest conquest is a 16yo...no...not keshi...i imagine she is older ...

Saby

Jim said...

Keshi,
dat footy friend of yours ..is an ass hole..... went to his blogg..it was blank ... he is a shady guy....keshi, stay away from him...
Saby

Jim said...

Keshi,
u have a beautiful mind..... and a more than beautiful body, i bet !

i bet ur sexy as hell.... wont u send me yr pic ?
saby

Keshi said...

Thanks Saby for commenting...hehehe...you're a nut case but one nut case that I like! LOL!

Oh btw, footsi is a very nice guy...please don't say such things about him...he's my friend, just like you :)

Hugggs!
Keshi.

Keshi said...

Thanks Saby for commenting...hehehe...you're a nut case but one nut case that I like! LOL!

Oh btw, footsi is a very nice guy...please don't say such things about him...he's my friend, just like you :)

Hugggs!
Keshi.

De.vile said...

umm is me jeremiah_chick or u may have read me blog or thats wut saby sed.
neways got tempted to talk bout my childhood. man no one askes me how i was till i was 12...
i was like a quiet kid who never i repeat NEVER peed on the bed an i dint talk too much eitha, me parents thot i was dumb cuz i neva cried n neva talked. an then when i was 5 i was like a stick insect an me mama wanted me to b fat so i spend 10 years eatin goat head soup(bleargh!) an pukin it out, an me cousins (all younger man all younger) used ta hit me till i was pantin. i was always the door no matta wut we played. was the shadow who got beaten up an bruised an hurt an wut not. an to myself i was an enigma, used to listen to myself talk when i brushed against me dads stubble. o joyous days, o lovely days. i aint nothin like that now, a mini bridjet jones an can hit my 72 kg brother to death if i want to, but hell i loved bein the child i was.

hey keshi ur blogs damn cool. can i keep blabberin like this? in case u aint figured out who i am , ask saby bout jeremiah_chick

Keshi said...

hey jeremiah_chick thanks for commenting and you're most welcome to continue doing it :)

Saby is a mental-hospital so no point asking him who you are...LOL...let me find out myself - hehehe...

Keshi.

Jim said...

is there an oscar for the best blogg ?

i always wondered ...how keshi gets so mnay hits on her blogg ......

i just realized dat ..... most of the comments in her comments page are her coments .... ......

then she says mean things abt ppl.... and naturally they hit back.....
then she hits back again.....

must say.... the aussies are smart ! ......

Macadamia The Nut said...

Hmmmm... There's a paradigm shift between your writing style back then and now... and I love both!

I was a caterpillar once in a school play :D I even remember the song I sang "creepy crawly caterpillar... silly little creature..."
LOL!

prabirsaha said...

Keshi,

I just tumbled across one of your old blogs and it rekindled my memories. So I thought I will just share ...

My favourite childhood memory was .... when I was just 5yo I use to collect different cards, match boxes or anything that was made of paper. I was quite a shy kid and use to stand by the side of window and watch people walking around. Outside it would be minus eight degrees so ... it was amazing all what all i could see from the window ... I even remember who are the people who use to smile ... don't remember the ones who were gruffy :)

My ma used to put layers of clothes to keep me warm and we had this coal stove called "angithi" constantly burning day and night to keep the air warm and clothes dry. She use to hammer the large coal pieces in small sizes so that they fit neatly on the stove ... and I use to watch her and later attempt to try myself ... but rather than breaking the coal pieces I managed to paint myself with black coal all over. She use to tell me all the stories and I just use to into the world of imagination ... whaw.

I remember my dad use to wear a special overcoat so that he can wrap me around on those cold wintry days ... and walk around our beautiful mall carrying me all the way up the hill. He use to take me to a special shop where they make steaming hot tea and I use to love the Jalebi's and samosa's there ... whaw those were the days ... and today as I was writing this I relived those days of my life once again.

Thanks for bringing those golden memories back ... Cheers

Keshi said...

ty Maca and Prabir, that was LOVELY!!!

Keshi.