Friday, April 20

And The Winner Is?

If I turn the TV on it's all about bloodshed in Iraq - families running around carrying bodies. If I read the newspaper it's either about a rape/murder or some hate crime. What's wrong with people these days? Have killing and hurting become second nature to us - almost like going to work, eating and sleeping? Some people can't even feel or cry anymore as long as it doesn't affect them - they go on with their lives just as long as they are safe. It's appalling that the human race has deteriorated rapidly when it comes to love and compassion, while technology is advancing to high heavens. Is that what we really want? A machine-driven life? Guys all we need is Love and it's all in us. So why is it so hard for people to love? I'm not saying just go on loving everyone and that it's so easy, but what I'm saying is that it's not so very hard to feel affection for another human being, and it's not so hard to live in love, is it? Sure hate creeps in every now and then but can it reach to such high levels that one could just be happy by ending someone else's life? Most people today are like robots walking around and acting based on a piece of code in their heads that runs and controls their actions. It's almost like Love doesnt exist in natural form anymore...that it only exists in a s/w driven program, in bits and bytes, in each of our heads - "IF it benefits me THEN love...ELSE hate OR don't bother". Am I wrong? Which clause do you belong to in this condition?

And from my last post, some people questioned me why I didn't write about the Iraq tragedy and why I chose the V-Tech tragedy for a post. To me Iraq has become a highly disturbing nation - Sunnis and Shiites killing each other almost everyday. It's 24/7 on war and so is Sri Lanka...my motherland. There is a war going on for 20+ years now between the Sinhalese and the Tamils. Have you noticed I haven't written anything about my own birth country's war? Why may that be? Cos I'm TIRED of the war between the LTTE and the SL govt that has been going on for yonks. People somehow get 'used' to hearing the same old thing from such wars and they just switch off. Cos THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM IF THEY DON'T WANNA BE HELPED! So I leave such issues out of my head until they themselves realise that killing each other within their own country/race/faith just for selfishness is a big mistake. They chose to kill each other. But the students who died at V-Tech were there for a noble purpose - for studies. So I blogged about the V-Tech tragedy cos I could relate to it somehow. And something like a Uni shooting doesn't happen every frikkin day does it? Besides I was an overseas Uni student at one stage here in Aus (at UNSW), living away from home and family. It's too terrible to even imagine that something like this could have happened to me and my friends. We go to a Uni to learn things, to become productive to the world, to become better citizens, to help one another, to make friends...not to get killed. That's why I wrote about it cos it's something I can attempt to advise on. A fanatic terrorist is not going to change after reading my post but an angry student may.

Just wanted to switch my mind off from what I was feeling all week ever since I heard of so many tragedies around the world in various forms. Why are we so DIVIDED? We all have red blood and a heart each. No one is superior than the other - we are ONE race. The human race that needs a break from what it has become - a blood-thirsty BEAST. It's out to bury one another and climb to the top over it's dead brothers and sisters. And the winner is? Nobody.


Current Music: One by Metallica

108 Cranium Signets:

:P fuzzbox said...

I have never heard you use Metallica on a post. It was fitting. In a world gone insane. It is nice to see people like you who are grounded in the best that human nature has to offer. Luv ya!!

krystyna said...

Hi Keshi!
I think that our world is sick.
And we need medicine that you suggested: LOVE!
Peace-Love-Happiness.

Globescoper said...

Hi Keshi

Very good post!

I was wondering if any parents pulled their children out of school in your part of the world?

With the anniversary of Combine and the events which occurred this past week, many parents are scared.

Our police and emergency services have been flooded with threats against schools. Many of the threats refer to Combine and VT.

If I had kids, I think I would have them tutored at home.

Hugs

Bev

Mumbai Guy said...

Right - for once I fully agree with you. I am sick of all the bloodshed around. You have put it nicely - cannot be helped if they dont want to get helped.

I just dont get it why these phycos are hell bent on killing other innocent people. They could just kill themselves and let others live.

Lots of people have soft corners for people on either side but my view is anyone who advocates or supports violence is a bastardized sicko. No justification whatsoever should be entertained when it come to violence.

Aditi said...

problem is not everyone thinks like that

Divian said...

Since the beginning of time, we have always been a world divided-- although connected by land and sea...blood, organs and love.

But with variation, be it skin color, hair texture, religion, beliefs or place of burth, the human mind seems incapable of accepting difference as a whole.

We take every small difference, magnify it and use that difference to justify cruelty. It is sad. Sad that we have to pick apart others in order to make ourselves feel superior.

I watched Schindler's List today for the umteenth time. It saddened me, broke my heart that a people had to endure the cruelty in which they have. It saddens me that most ever race of people has been seen as less than human...why because of a small difference.

A world full of love and no hate, would have to be a world of clones. For as long as we have blue, green, brown eyes...and for as long as we have red, black, blonde hair...for as long as we have black, brown and white skin we will forever live in a world of hate and injustice.

My dream...to one day live in a world where we value life as much as we value the internet and advances in technology.

Sujit said...

its few people who are crazy about something and do not value human.. their greed is the root cause and unfortunatley they have the ability to convince others to join them.. the people who join are more ignore.. when that ignorance is enlightned only then all the killings will be rested.!

AVIANA said...

Ola Chica!

I've been M.I.A. with my comments and blogs this week. Nothing but pure laziness and the shock that my landlord wants me out by the end of May. That threw a whole lot of things up in the air. A major bump in the road.

I've thought about this alot. I've always had this conversation with myself since no one really kind of wants to talk about it. Yes, estoy loca!!! (I'm crazy!!).

But...it's astonishing that letting people just be themselves at peace, letting people have equal access to food, shelter, love etc., letting people just be..is very difficult.

I think it's based on the human design of having some sort of organization as to who is better, who deserves more...

This may sound off key..but for example. I don't understand the whole notion of this thing called "employment" and "money." We created that. I don't know why. I trully believe we were made to frolic on this earth. Simply run around naked, and eat fruit and nuts, and laugh and sing! Seriously. Somehow, many centuries ago, humans created this whole notion of work and money which in turn creates division. If you don't have this then you can't get this.

What happens, people start getting upset because they feel they are being denied something that should be a natural right....food, shelter, water, liberty, sanity, health, safety...on and on.

I think I've veered off...

People can't understand that we are all people. We all want the same things. Why can't we share it? Why can't we leave people at peace? Why can't we be at peace? Why is hate and violence so easy when all it creates is pain...just wasted energy?

Wouldn't you want to sit down and relax and count the million rows up in the sky with this person you don't know versus causing them pain?


I don't know, why that question is so hard to answer....

I talked too much....You'll probably delete this :) Sorry. :)

I'll update tonite or tomorrow!

Lisa

Jay said...

Everybody is too busy assessing blame rather than looking for solutions.

Jewel Rays said...

The world is going crazy.

***So why is it so hard for people to love?

I think its so hard for people to love cause they have once loved and either got brutally hurt, rejected, insecured or just lost the faith that someone could actually love them for real.

***Sure hate creeps in every now and then but can it reach to such high levels that one could just be happy by ending someone else's life?

Yup it can. When anger is held long, it becomes a grudge. When a grudge is being fed on and on It becomes bitterness. And when bitterness raise it level it becomes hatred, frustration, depression and finally an OUTburst or explosion. Thats when people lose their mind and do something disastrous or extra ordinary i feel. Especially when they have been ridiculed and tolerate with it for so long. The highest level will awaken they psycho in them to wake up. Sometimes its the need for attention that they do this stuff. To get a satisfaction out of anger thats basically does not pay much. Yeah just ma opinion.:)

Good post. Very Real one.

:)

~Jewel

Anonymous said...

very good post...

"IF it benefits me THEN love...ELSE hate OR don't bother"
true enough...
have seen instances around me of this sort...

Peace...

Impressionist said...

Great post as always.
this one tugs right at my heart!
people need to learn to love each other first.
im sure it is the only thing that can bring about changes.
and bout the war, these Motha Fuckrs just dont seem to get enuf of blood.
I wonder if there are any blood sucking vampires there.

Peace & Love
JeeVY

deepsat said...

as we humans advance and grow, the competition and struggle increases. this is the outcome! it will go on till the evil and hatred explodes the world out!

basically the entropy of the world is increasing!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Keshi,
Sorry to have intruded this space. Nice....err...(not really nice!! ) to read your posts ,......events are disgusting, but reported by you with compassion....quite frankly,its nice to know of ppl like you.
May I suggest to you some websites,
http://tprf.org/
http://maharaji.org/index.html
http://mightyriverpress.com/books/Peace_is_Possible_details.htm
All these sites propagate the message of Prem Rawat, also known as Maharaji.I have found my life's true meaning from him.
See if you find em useful.
Regards
S P Sharma (spsharma47@rediffmail.com)

Vishesh said...

the world is becoming virtue less!!

yes ofcourse,but we have to understand,it was we who created the virtues and killed in name of it..it was men who didn't leave women to come up and they got killed too..the thing is there has to be a balance..the human race has become too large for surviving..it is like darwin's theory,survival of the fittest..

it is not that people can't love..it is because they loved someone they kill....the people in iraq don't kill for fun..their near and dear one's were...we didn't find against the british(during the imperialist times)because we were bothered about being in our country rather because they killed our loved ones...
love is the strongest force..it is the ultimate force.....hate is the better part of love......

remember everything is an illusion...

and also do you remember what shakesphere has said "who will bare the whips and scorns of time?"//we are now..

that guy was a genius right up with da vinci,milton and science geeks...

Dawn said...

A very good post indeed dear!
I wish kids could be taught at home with the help of visiting tutor...! At least your loved ones will be always near!
We need peace!!! or else this universe will be filled with crazy ppl.
Tk cr dear
hugggggz n cheers

lemon said...

u said it all kesh...!! didn't know u were sri lankan.. :)

p.s:think u forgot to read another post of mine which was below the sanjaya post :)

Anonymous said...

I really don't know what to say Keshi. There doesn't seem to be any real solution...

Cazzie!!! said...

There will always be tragedy in the World, but, at the same time, there will be something special and magnificent someplace else.
Look at death, there will always be a birth for each death. When my best friend died of a brain tumour at a young age, I walked out of that ward and adjcent to the palliative care war is the Midwifery Ward..I could hear a newborn crying, then..I knew my friend had been reborn :)

San Nakji said...

I don't know. I doubt the people in the marketplace in Baghdad who were blown up chose that path. Any more than the average Sri Lankan chose to be in the middle of a pointless fight. Life is life. They all have value and you should not give up on them.

Sharad Mathur said...

Its the kingdom of the blind, and the one eyed man is king. They are not able to see the aftermaths of these wars!!

sharad

Romeo Morningwood said...

Thanks to the violent fringe elements of many Religious groups the other 99% are losing...these dogmatic psychopaths are hijacking the Peace, Love, and Understanding from the Faithful.

If you look behind the masks of these Hate Mongers who want to set the world on fire you see scared, little, insecure boys who crave attention and notoriety..
despite being selfish and ignorant somehow they seem to find other disgruntled little boys to blindly follow them down the path of destruction.

They want the world to feel their self inflicted pain waaa! waaa!
They need Chopper to give them a wallop upside the head and tell them to harden the f*ck up!

Like any schoolyard Bully, these so called Zealots are all cowards and deep down they are all terrified of being separated from their gang...because without the mob mentality of their sycophantic cronies they would be NOTHING.
Their insecurity and hatred feeds off of each other..Like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Manson, Pol Pot and on and on and on.....

Romeo Morningwood said...

I forgot to add a few words from the Koran and the Bible that even a child can understand...

"The ink of the scholar is greater than the blood of the martyr"

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also.
Do to others as you would have them do to you."

What has happened to the voices of the vast majority of Muslims and Christians who live by these words?
Why are they letting those animals steal their treasure? They need to be heard NOW!

I was taught that Fear is the opposite of Faith and even though I am an Agnostic Theist I still believe that Love is stronger than Hate..if it wasn't we would have been extinct long ago because we as a species are fantastic at killing other humans but we're even better at helping other people.

ToOothlEss WOndeR! said...

funny.
I was thinking about this just yesterday. I even blogged about it!

Poo said...

Thats all part of nature, human being when we are depressed, stressed out,sad,anger the devil with in us come out and people do all the shit things in the world.

Rape...father rapes her daughter wh is just 2yr "" how cruel can that be"" Amy told me about this in her post ...i can feel that angels pain. Read an article about children where they say that children at home are being raped by there brothers, father and cuzins. (Both Boy and Girl)

This is just one part what you have shown in ur Post ...there are so many things happng outside which we are not aware of.

Sad thats the truth in the present.

Loved ur post sweetie, Have a nice weeknd.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I may be so bold to say this dear, but sometimes, it's those who have been looked down upon, or are different from the majority in our country, who feel this sense of unity so much more. We understand this truth, that we are one, so much better, and we celebrate it. Not to say that the majority doesn't. Alot of them do. But then again, there are people who overlook such truths and want to hold on to such xenophobic behaviour. We need love, and understanding. We need to heal.

Have a good weekend darl. Was a nice post:)

p.s. Cazzie, I believe your idea on rebirth. When A special one passed on, I knew he must have been born elsewhere. I just wished I knew where. Hug.

Neihal said...

a very thoughtful post.
I understand when you say why its useless to talk about these ongoing wars in Iraq or SL and anywhere. I am of the same opinion . We can say all we want, but we can do nothing. its sad scenario. :(

Anonymous said...

Love is a word which gets thrown around too much, it has lost all meaning in society... People equate love with objects, money, foods... But the love of another person has almost become as cheap, and meaningless.

I try and be patient and tolerant to all of the people i share this planet with, but i do not love my neighbour. Well not in the same way that i love Stace. I respect my neighbour, his/her differing views, i would gladly be there for them, gladly fight for or alongside them for a noble cause, but love is the wrong word.

We have to look at the world we are creating, we put a price on the life of a person (colateral damage in war= civilian life), we have no respect for one annother, people are seen as something to make money off, either through their labour or by their suffering.

WE are surrounded by death, and destruction life has no value (outside of money) why would a gunman think twice? We are objects, as shown on TV, or souls for sale to the best bidder.

How do we change it Keshi?

The Grunt said...

Killing another human being is beyond evil. I really feel for soldiers and police officers who have had to do that in the course of their duty, as well as justified killings (self defense).

Akshay V said...

I know this might sound extreme, but what we need is a new beginning.. something like an Ice-age or Stone age, something that wipes off all this violence in one go. May be we get a super huge hurricane or may be something like the movie "The Day After Tomorrow", that wipes off most people on the planet. May be then we can have peace, because the way things are right now, I dont see peace or love ever having a chance.

Life said...

hi keshi :)

we all are heading towards distrcution ..and iraq is turned in to graveyard since last few years...and reason behind this situation is selfish thoughts of some people....Lets spread love thats it..hope this can make some difference in sea of violence :(

Take Care
Vikas{V}

Menchie said...

Hey Keshi,
That's why I rarely watch the news and read the papers. It is much too depressing.

FH said...

Keshi, that's exactly what I said to Trisha today!! War,killings,fire,explosion and flood all around US,that's what we heard in the morning news.There are lot of good things going on here too but do they choose to tell you? Nope!!

Have a great weekend,I will see you on Monday.Hugs:))

SamY said...

when there is too much of something it value depreciates :) ... so it is with human life

** Some people can't even feel or cry anymore as long as it doesn't affect them

down here in India when ur in a crowded place u can instantly notice how most of the people dun care about other ... ppl don't care to park in a manner that it doesnt affect someone who need to take their vehicle out ... ppl don't bother to pack the garbage and dump it outside the neighbours house ... sad but true

** "IF it benefits me THEN love...ELSE hate OR don't bother"

a gud portion of human population runs under the thought of WHATS IN IT FOR ME? I somehow feel that life would have more value if it were less in number ... just like easily available food items r cheap :)

its kinda like this ... ur in ur homeland ... u have a tendency to take people around you for granted ... and when the same ppl go to foreign land the way they are with fellow desi's is just so different ... I know I made a generalization ... but I just noticed this

** But the students who died at V-Tech were there for a noble purpose

that sounds more like saying people who ain't doing something for a noble cause ain't entitled to a life :D ... I know u didn't mean that ;) ... I'm afraid people who kill dun quite bother about such things ... in fact, such people make soft targets :(

** And the winner is? Nobody.

reminds me of Viki from i, Robot ... it says u humans have a tendency to destroy one another and hence I am doing this to protect you all ... ha ha ... true it is ... I feel humans will be their own undoing ... I somehow have come to believe that its inevitable

La vida Loca said...

nice post.
Here is my take on this issue (you have read it before) :)
http://commicacid.blogspot.com/2006/09/is-my-god-is-better-than-your-god.html

Shionge said...

;( I am lost for words and deeply sadden by just a tragic incident and I totally agreed with you...one heart same blood....More peace on earth.

david santos said...

Thanks for you work, Keshi, is very good.
Have a good weekend.

david santos said...

tHANKS FOR YOU WORK, kESHI, IS VERY GOOD.
Have a good weekend

Priya said...

Why are we divided??

Selfish; Ego; Attitude; Saddist...

Humans always divide and rule and if one gets hurt, he/she likes to see others hurt. Man is a social animal to Sociologist.

gautami tripathy said...

I love metallica. How are you, girl?

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

hi Keshi,

I have been an avid reader of your blog... regularly catching up with your life rather :)

Hope this summarises all you want to say..

Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.
- Ayn Rand

Anonymous said...

I choose to believe there IS love and compassion out there and it includes many people.
We are bombarded by all the negative by the media because that is their agenda. Once in awhile a feel good nice story is aired but not very often.
People have been warring with one another since the beginning of time, I always see the image of the club going up in the air by neanderthal man in the beginning of 2001 A Space Odessy whenever I think of it.
Cultures in the mideast have been warring with each other since the Bible first started recording history.

As I travel around blogs and speak with people I know, I am touched by the love and compassion most people have.
We can't let this onslaught of terrible news by the media let us think otherwise.
You are a sweet, kind, loving & compassionate young woman keshi and I believe there are many keshi's out there.
This is a wonderful post, thank you.
tc

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking about this whol thing for the past one week over n over,and wonderin if thres somethin we can do abt it...i see lots of discrimination/harassment here where i live,read abt it everyday in the newspapers,makes me wonder wat diff is thre between humans....
and then i honestly skip lots of pages in the newspapers,its not that i dont feel for them,bt,the thot thres nothin we can do abt it makes me irritated......
i agre with u that only love can repair this world,but then,like whatu told te otherday,the world is beyond repair maybe..i am keepin high hopes though..shall we go on a spread-love trip around the world Keshi? :D

am doing welll...thank u for asking..heehe..my cosin is here from dubai,and so me naggin him to take me here and thre, and he is a journalist,so i keep telin him to take me to al the conferences he is going to:::::Dheeh.....hop u have a great weekend..takecare....

Pecos Blue said...

It is sad. I agree. I think it goes back to biology and the competiveness for scrace resources and it is just programed in us like in animals to run in packs and create us vs. them situations. Wish it were not so.

diyadear said...

true keshi,
noble thought.. i think our minds ve become kinda numb hearing abt tragedies that too so frequently.. n that too cold blooded planned massacres..gosh earth is becoming a scary place..

Vest said...

Awaiting: Loved your comments.

But if everyone were coloured green, eau de Nil would rule supreme....Apartheid.
Sadly it would remain as in - light greens at the front of the bus and dark greens at the back.

Keshi; Sweet Keshi, the only Rose without thorns.

Vest said...

Love, and plenty of it is what we all seek. we search for it in our own different ways. Love is recognizing the goodness you portray to others and the goodness you receive in return is a bonus.

Why the great world leader G W Bush has the insensitivity to declare to the world that he supports the right of all Americans "TO BEAR ARMS" the neanderthal legislation passed and approved by wealthy gun loving loony American leaders 300 years ago, is beyond the reasoning of normal people, and especially to hear GWB mouth off his archaic opinion on the same day those innocents were killed. He is simply a Great Witless Bumhole.

Blessed said...

Hey Miss Keshi!!!!!!!!!
I'm FINALLY back!!
I finally got modem up and running smoothly yesterday.
I felt like I had been gone forever and I felt like I missed so much.
Today on break I went to your blog becuz I just knew I missed out on some real thought provoking posts from you. So what did I do? I printed out all your posts from where I left off last just so I could catch up with you.
You always make me think.
You always blow me away with your thoughts. I can tell you think alot and I love posts that are thought provoking. Seems I do not really do that enough.

So I plan on commenting on this post and the rest.
So here I go.
But before I start, I sure have missed you and thanx for stopping by even tho I was MIA.

You know I feel that society has somewhat become desentized.
It is tho thru out our lives and with help of the media we hear about so much devastation, rape, killing, tsunamis, earthquakes, war, genocide, floods, shootings,etc, etc, etc. I feel we see so much it is as though after awhile of looking at the TV screen and seeing all these terrible images that we start to become immune (so to speak). It is tho since we see so much awfulness we start to become unfeeling. I sometimes think that we don't realize this is real becuz alot of times it is not in our backyard.
I will admit so many times I can not watch the news becuz I become inundated with one horrible story after the next. I lucky am I (and sometimes how selfish am I) that I can turn the channel. I can tune it out. But then I can't. I cry. I get goosebumps. I have bad dreams. I WORRY. I feel helpless. I do care but I will admit that I too have become desentized. I think we all have, some worse than others.
I am an extremely sensitive person. It kills my soul knowing all the soldiers who haved died protecting me. It killed my soul to see New Orleans flooded. It killed my soul seeing all the loss due to the devastating Tsunami. I could go on and on.
You know I think since we have become somewhat desensitized to alot, I think maybe it is a coping device. I think alot of people, including myself, if we didn't back away, turn the channel, would not even leave our house. I think we would be fearful and extremely depressed becuz of all the hurting and sadness in the world.

Trundling Grunt said...

Sad to say we have been divided all though history - it's just that technology has given us 'better' ways of killing each other. And then telling each other so we know how to do it.

Have we advanced as we have learnt more? Somehow I doubt it.

Sorry to be so gloomy - have a nice weekend down there.

Rani said...

i am sick and tired of hearing ppl dying, bloodshed and what not. everytime i turn on the tv - shots fired here, bomb threat there.. evacuation here..
i tried to stop watching the news and be ignorant for some time... the day i start watching it again, and there it is. shots fired at NASA. is there a place WHERE I AM SAFE?
shopping - robbery
school - bomb threats, metal detectors, guns.. killings.. sex scandals
college - same as above
car- accidents and blow ups
home - same thing, robberies, rapes.. pimp houses in neighborhoods, child molestors...

what is going on in this world.. is there any innocence left?

Sugarlips said...

Lets try to bring some peace to this beautiful world.

Stay Beautiful..!

Anonymous said...

that is really great song!!
thank you for sharing it, keshichan :)
i donno why some ppl annoy u with such questions.
of course V-tech was the latest shocking news and it was good timing post.
and i really hope iraq war will stop sooon. sorry abt SL!! i dont know wat to say abt them..
yeah that is really no winner, endless war!!

Kavi said...

Its sad but true ! But life has to go on..

Jeevan said...

Above country, religion, language, money ect ect… we have to see the life and showing affection on each others. What did we bring and what are we going to carry when we leave this world? Nothing. What we need is just live the life as a useful and be loveably with all… Love is the end for all.

Happy weekend dear:)

Alex said...

Keshi,

"No one is superior than the other - we are ONE race."

:) Yeah.

Unknown said...

yes this killings should stop for god's sake.

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

omg keshurrrrrrrr i hvnt been here in ages nowwwwwwwww ... it feels like a completely new blog lol .. so MANYYYYYYYY new postss .. i think i had commented on ur and the rainbow pics ... wonder where the comment disappeared lol.

how u doing girl ... need to read all m posts .. in may mebbe jst before exams lol

and iraq n murders n rapes n shit.. blaargh .. the world is gonna end soon with all this happenin everywhere ... and therez no end to this ...!
Virginia shooting was highly disturbing .. it was appalling incident.

abcd said...

keshi, you were right, we are one race!!
if everyone would have the same thinking like you, the world must be lovely and beautiuful.

Sun Follower said...

I understand what you are saying completely. But I am of the firm belief that BEING is DOING. And by being compassionate and thoughtful and hopeful... you contribute to the greater good.

lee said...

You are so right,keshi -no one wins. It's frustrating, isn't it, that the majority of people do want to live in peace-and the minority guarantee that it doesn't happen.

Tarun said...

Nobody other than America is to be blamed. They have the country up in flames. They will continue to play war in some part of the world for some reason or the other.
Iraq
Bosnia (Slavic Europe)
Iraq (part One)
South America (contras)
Vietnam
Korea
Japan (WW 2)
Phillipines
Cuba
All this is past hundred years.They make money out of war.It is something to be felt sorry coz some people are reaping profits from killing somebody else

Sig said...

It makes you just cry inside doesn't it...

People are too blinded by the differences to see the things that are the same. But it only takes one person to make a stand and spreading the message of love is the first step.

You go Keshi :)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

33 killings in Virgina: Front page headlines in then newspaper for a week...

286 killings in Iraq on the same day: Two columns on page no.23

Have we got into the habit of valuing certain lives more than others?

alok said...

It’s always we divided by our mind then body. I really don’t know why a war can be a mean to rescue a life by killing other life.

alok said...

It’s always we divided by our mind then body. I really don’t know why a war can be a mean to rescue a life by killing other life.

Die Muräne said...

**Most people today are like robots walking around and acting based on a piece of code in their heads that runs and controls their actions

Well observed, keshi! Sometimes I think I can't believe my eyes.
Don't ask me what's that all about...

cm chap said...

True Keshi.. This world is sick and if you try to tell them that they are sick..They will tell you you are mad

Harmony said...

hi Keshi,thats a nice thought.thnx fr sharng.

dharmabum said...

oh there is no point in talking about all this. like th agent says in the matrix, 'the human beings are a virus' :(

so u r a sri lankan? so u speak cinhalese too? used to watch some programs on TV as a child (rupawani?), and remember finding the language quite funny sounding. no offense :)been wanting to go there sometime u know...it is such a beautiful country :)

Ash said...

Love this post, totally agree with you!

George said...

As you know Keshi, I grew up in the fabulous 60ies ... what an incredible time to be a young adult. There are song and expressions from that time that will ring true forever ...

The Beatles .. All We Need Is Love
An expression .. Make Love Not War
The Youngbloods .. Get Together
..here are the lyrics ..
GET TOGETHER

Love is but a song we sing
And fear's the way we die.
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry.
Though the bird is on the wing
And you may not know why.
C'mon people now
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try to love one another right now
Some will come and some will go
And we shall surely pass.
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last.
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass.
C'mon people now
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try to love one another right now
If you hear the song we sing
You will understand.
You hold the key to love and fear
In your trembling hand.
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command
C'mon people now
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try to love one another right now

Unfortunately the 60ies ended and all the work put in by millions and millions of people to end wars, to conquer hate, to love your neighbor ... was for naught.

Be well.

Keshi said...

ty Fuzz!

I love Metallica.


-----------------------------------

Krys ur spot on!



-----------------------------------


Bev I dunno if Aussie parents pulled their kids out of school. I guess we r less scared here cos the gun-laws r stricter over here in Aus than in the US. but that doesnt mean we r SAFER, I know.

If I had kids, I'd still send em to school/Uni Bev...I dun want em to live in fear...to do the normal thing. If some crazy shooter killed em, it wont be my/my kids' fault in going to school..wud it be?


-----------------------------------

MG ty!


**anyone who advocates or supports violence is a bastardized sicko

I totally agree.




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Aditi yes...thats the problem. How can we get atleast MOST ppl to think like that?


-----------------------------------

Tash no doubt ur comment rocked. I hope everyone reads it. TY!


**the human mind seems incapable of accepting difference as a whole.

yes...thats right. Its like we humans have a gene that divides the thinking. It's sad.

Color, creed, race, status, age, sex...be it anything, we r so ready to discriminate. According to the papersm, Seung Cho was bullied at school and asked to go back to CHINA. Look where that kind of discrimination lead to!


-----------------------------------

Sujit ur right...evil ppl team up to hurt others cos they dun have anything else in their lives to be proud of.



-----------------------------------

Lisa awww u gotta move out soon? bummer! I hate moving. I simple loathe it. Anyways I wish u good luck and hope u find a BETTER place soon.


**letting people just be..is very difficult.

I agree.


**humans created this whole notion of work and money which in turn creates division. If you don't have this then you can't get this.

thats right. But one being more deserving of a certain thing than the other should be purely based on their merits. Not their color, faith or race. Thats what Im trying to say. And alot of ppl DONT seem to u'stand that and thats very disturbing. If u and I can understand it, why cant the others?


-----------------------------------


Jay thats so right. It's the blame game thats costing us wisdom.




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Amy heyy!

**Especially when they have been ridiculed and tolerate with it for so long.

I agree. In Seung Cho's case it was exactly that. Some ppl can handle it, some cant. Thats why we should always think we are all ONE. Never discriminate others based on where they came from, how they are, what they do etc..not even for jokes.


-----------------------------------

DJ I have seen plenty of that ard me too.


-----------------------------------


Rajeev seeing another human's blood seem to give some ppl alot of satisfaction. Only to realise that they are so wrong...by then it'd be too late.



-----------------------------------

Hey Deepz the world is sick right now...how do we find a good doc? :)



-----------------------------------

WC Sharma and ty for that. I will check those sites for sure.






Keshi.

Keshi said...

Vishesh heyy!

**love is the strongest force..it is the ultimate force.....

I agree. Love comes in many forms and bears various results. Love has no one definition...we all perceive it in our own different ways.

-----------------------------------

Dawny ty!


**wish kids could be taught at home with the help of visiting tutor


I know. But if I had kids, i wont keep em home...I'll send em to school/uni wherever they wanna go. Im not gonna give into fear.


-----------------------------------

Lemonade that was so sweet of ya...that post of ur's :) HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!



-----------------------------------

Nora there doesnt seem to be solutions cos ppl dun wanna think abt solutions...it seems that most of us r now sooo sick of hearing abt war and crime, we have all switched off. That I think is the biggest mistake we r doing...as the sane lot.

dun u think?


-----------------------------------

Caz I agree. The Good is not talked so much abt as much as the Bad is.


**Ward..I could hear a newborn crying, then..I knew my friend had been reborn

aww thats such a lovely thought. HUGGGGGGGGGGGZ so beautiful!

-----------------------------------

Nakji I know Life is Life mate. But who can advise ppl who dwell on Sectarian violence?


** doubt the people in the marketplace in Baghdad who were blown up chose that path. Any more than the average Sri Lankan chose to be in the middle of a pointless fight.

I know that too. But can we help that? I mean wars that have been going on for years and years with absolutely no sign of SANITY from both sides?

-----------------------------------


Sharad thats a great quote. TY!

We r all blind. Or we all have selective sight.


-----------------------------------

HE ty that was a very insightful comment.


**If you look behind the masks of these Hate Mongers who want to set the world on fire you see scared, little, insecure boys who crave attention and notoriety..

I agree. It's not cos they r brave that they do such crimes. It's cos they are very SCARED.



**"The ink of the scholar is greater than the blood of the martyr"

I love that quote. How true. Cos it's so much easier to KILL...but it's so very hard to SEE. If u know wut I mean.


**..if it wasn't we would have been extinct long ago because we as a species are fantastic at killing other humans but we're even better at helping other people.

brilliant! I hope everyone reads that.


ty HE!

-----------------------------------

Saw that Toothless. ty!



-----------------------------------

ty Poo I agree...when we r depressed we all get violent thoughts. But we cant all act upon their thoughts...we dun have the right to. Do we?


**This is just one part what you have shown in ur Post ...there are so many things happng outside which we are not aware of.

such as? I mean so many things happen to all of us. But we cant make that an excuse to spill blood. Some ppl magnify the tiniest issue and buil-up so much anger that's really not necessary. But if they have a serious mental illness, then it's their family's/peer's responsibility to get them help. wut say Poo?




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Geet ty!

**it's those who have been looked down upon, or are different from the majority in our country, who feel this sense of unity so much more.

well I know wut u mean. But living here in Aus, I have hardly been subjected to xenophobic behavior. It makes me wonder if we r the ones who let ppl become xenophobic. I mean if we believe in each other, and don't allow some ppl who r xenophobic to be xenophobic, then we can eradicate it to some extent. The power is in us...not in them.


-----------------------------------

Neihal true...we tell ppl again n again, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.


-----------------------------------

Aidan I understand...we cant LOVE every single person on Earth...not in the same way that we love our family/friends. But we can try and tolerate and respect one another for who they are...like u said.


**colateral damage in war= civilian life

thats how 'some' ppl choose to see life as. But we dun have to follow em. Why do some ppl get so influenced by the media? I cant undesrtand that. Maybe each of us r either born with the tendency to love or with the tendency to hate n kill...and no one prolly can change it. Thats my conclusion. What say mate?


-----------------------------------

hey Grunty!


**soldiers and police officers who have had to do that in the course of their duty, as well as justified killings (self defense).

yeah I know. It must feel terrible.




Keshi.

Vivhyd said...

hey keshi.. How have u been Matey!.. Good post. Lots of questions but we have no answers isnt it? We wud probably never have as long as humans are around. History suggests that there has been always fighting and future doesnt hold good too. Its all luck as to where we live. God help someone is in Iraq or in parts of Africa or troubled areas of Srilanka.. They never knw if they would up the next day. Scary!.. The best contribution we can make to the world today is being peaceful and caring. If each one is, there wouldnt be mindless violence..

Keshi said...

Akshay I agree. We need a great big WIPE OUT. Cos I too cant see Peace n Love having their chance ever again.

-----------------------------------

Vikas thats right...Iraq and even Sri Lanka have become graveyards. Spreading love is the only way...but what if some ppl dun wanna change? what do we do?


-----------------------------------

Menchie thats right. News these days is definitely depressing.


-----------------------------------

Asha ur right...nobody 'chooses' to spead 'good'. Not anymore.


-----------------------------------

Samy ur right...it should start with common courtesy and respect....from within the family, then neighbourhood and then community. But no one bothers abt the other person anymore.


**and when the same ppl go to foreign land the way they are with fellow desi's is just so different

how d u mean?


**that sounds more like saying people who ain't doing something for a noble cause ain't entitled to a life

sounds like it but it doesnt really mean that. what Im tryin to say is, if race/religion based wars r going on for years w.o. either of the sides paying any attention to what the 'sane' ppl r saying, then can we really do anything abt em? They themselves need to realise their mistake and be willing to be helped. No one can help another if they r not ready to be helped.

-----------------------------------

LaVida I'll check it out again. ty!



-----------------------------------

aha Shionge. Only if everyone undesrtood that better.



-----------------------------------

ty Dave!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Priya ur spot on!

**Man is a social animal to Sociologist.

thats what it really is!


-----------------------------------

Gautami good on ya! :)

Im good ta and urself?



-----------------------------------

Geeta WC n ty!


**Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.
- Ayn Rand

So true!


-----------------------------------

I agree Rick. Wars have always been there. And the advance of technology has only made it more possible and easier.


**We can't let this onslaught of terrible news by the media let us think otherwise.

true! I still believe in the good and good ppl. There are many Ricks ard too. HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!


-----------------------------------

Shammu yeah I do feel that world is beyond repair. I dunno if there'll ever be a solution.


**..shall we go on a spread-love trip around the world Keshi?

I wish I cud do that. I really do!


Dubai? WOW I have a good friend living and working there.


-----------------------------------

Pecos ur right...and it's strange how with advance of technology, the human race is going towards being an animal, more then being more humane.


** us vs. them situations.

true. thats what we r so used to.


-----------------------------------

true Diya...it's so very sad.



-----------------------------------

Vest I agree. Humans r programmed to see 'differences' and act upon em.

Some lunatic men think bearing arms portray their power...infact it portrays their cowardice.


-----------------------------------

Blessed WB babez! I missed u alot. Im so glad to have u back here...it's like the re-visiting of an angel. HUGGGGGGGGGZ!


**You know I think since we have become somewhat desensitized to alot, I think maybe it is a coping device.

I agree. We have all switched off. Cos nothing we say/do seem to change the dire circumstances the world is at today.


-----------------------------------


Tundz heyy!

**Have we advanced as we have learnt more? Somehow I doubt it.

I agree. With advancing technology human values have only deteriorated.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Chocolte I agree.

**is there any innocence left?

Yes...very little. within u and me and the rest of the ppl here.


-----------------------------------

Suga ty!



-----------------------------------

Niki yeah...endless bloodshed and endless ignorance.



-----------------------------------

Kavi true, ty!



-----------------------------------

hey Jeevan!


**What did we bring and what are we going to carry when we leave this world?

aha...well-said.


-----------------------------------

ty Alex!



-----------------------------------

Karthik its really not gonna stop...I hate to be negative but I should be realistic.


-----------------------------------

Cheesy huggggggz I missed ya! U ok? hows life?



-----------------------------------

Ginger unfortuntaley the majority of the world seem to concentrate on the 'differences' than the 'similarities'.


-----------------------------------

Sunflower well-said, ty!



-----------------------------------

heyya Lee!


**It's frustrating, isn't it, that the majority of people do want to live in peace-and the minority guarantee that it doesn't happen.

so true!


-----------------------------------

Tarun heyy!

**Nobody other than America is to be blamed.

I dun think so. for eg How can Sri Lankans blame the US for the war between the Tamils and the Sinhalese? How can the Iraqis blame the US for the war between the Sunnis and the Shiites? HOW?

it's very easy to blame someone else, but if in the first place we didnt kill our own brothers n sisters, the US wudnt have to be involved at all. What say?


-----------------------------------

Silvara these days so many ppl r so caught up by the media that they have dumped their own conscience.


-----------------------------------

hey Ganesh!

**Have we got into the habit of valuing certain lives more than others?

why d u think so? Just cos some media groups chose to highligh the V-tech tragedy? Then u too r going by the media. Isnt it? Dun let the media blind u.

-----------------------------------

LOK heyy!

I agree. whats so 'civil' abt war?


-----------------------------------

Murane ty!


**Sometimes I think I can't believe my eyes.

I can u'stand what u mean.



Keshi.

AnonymousBlogger said...

I think these days people are very focused on themselves. If they, and the people they care about are safe and happy, then we don't care about other people. We don't care about other people's problems.

I think it's just the way the world is now. We see the world going to hell, and is there anything we can do to stop it?

We all love, we just love outside our inner circle, and maybe that is the problem.

Keshi said...

CM-Chap hey!

**if you try to tell them that they are sick..They will tell you you are mad


I agree. Alot of ppl told me that already! CRIME has become soooo very 'normal'.


-----------------------------------

Pankaj ty!



-----------------------------------

Dave I wish I cud u'stand ur comment. Im sure its something very insightful.

TY!

-----------------------------------

hey Dharma!


**'the human beings are a virus'

a self-destructive virus I guess.


Rupavahini...yep thats TV :):)

Any lagunage different to ur mother-tongue wud sound funny duh! but actually Sinhalese is a dialect of Sanskrit...so it shouldnt be that funny to u ;-)


-----------------------------------

Ash ty!



-----------------------------------

George yeah no one wants to be bothered anymore..Im shocked that Love itself seems like a botheration to many.


I love the lyrics TY!


**We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass.

what a beautiful way to put it. It's so true!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Viv WB! How have u been? Long time.

yes we humans must reach out to each other...and not alot of ppl do that well enough to change someone's mind for the better. It's sad.


-----------------------------------



hey AB true.

**We all love, we just love outside our inner circle, and maybe that is the problem.

that may well be the real reason!




Keshi.

Kathy said...

awww... soo much tragedy na ;( yeah, feels terrible watching news nowadays... like that Uni shooting and that in Iraq! sigh!! ;(;(

... neway, m back babe muaahh, pc crashed for a week ;( got fixed only last night! did u get my text last saturday?

.. oops Metallica ROCKS!! m listenin to the song "Turn the page" right now awwww... luv the song "One" here too muahh! thanx!

keep rockin' babe! luv ya...

hugss**

The Phosgene Kid said...

Its all about the money and power. Seems as though no one is happy anymore. I didn't know your were Sri Lankan, I assumed you were Indian.... Pretty either way.

Jewel Rays said...

***Never discriminate others based on where they came from, how they are, what they do etc..not even for jokes.

Indeeds Keshi. well said.:)

I am glad u put up this post Keshi. It caught my attention and was catching up on the news and papers regarding it to get a clearer news last weekend. Made me think lots.:)

Thanks.

~Jewel

shnaggy said...

oh keshi,

i remember mother teresa's words that goes:

"how can we love God whom we do not see, if we do not love the people in our own home whom we see,
whom we touch, with whom we live?"

Keshi said...

Kath I got ur txt I was ooo busy I cudnt reply. HUGGGGGGGGZ n ty! And tnxx alot for being bak. I missed ya.

yep love metallica!


-----------------------------------

It is indeed all abt the money n power...well-said Phos!



-----------------------------------

aww Im glad abt that Amy, ty!



-----------------------------------

Shnaggy thats sooooo true!!



Keshi.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Dinahmow sent me this little video called Shift Happens: http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift

Technology is on the threshold of overtaking us and instead of using it to better mankind, because we as a species have a tendency to act so illogical and be unpredictable, I am certain thet the 'Machines' will either use selective breeding (like we did with Dogs) to develope a manageable population...
so keep being nice to others because everything that you do is being recorded..you don't want to be 'put to sleep' by the Machines.

So try to readjust your thinking and get used to the sound of
"Come Here..Good Girl..that's a Good Girl..want a treat?"

Anonymous said...

"Why do some ppl get so influenced by the media?" - simple we learn by repitition. We are Bombarded with images of war, death, famine, newscasters who cry crocodile tears at the images of suffering, when they are really thinkoing about the ratings.

I am not convinced hate is something you just learn, it would be genetic at some level... Advancement of a species through competition.. protection of tribe and team members... however I am sure that nurture plays some part.

Maybe we can learn tolerance, and respect.

mathew said...

It is sad it never gonna stop..humans wanted peace for last 2000 years and did it ever happen!!

gP said...

we are divided because everyone wants the same thing but everyone is not getting equal amount of the same thing. Its Love and Freedom. You want one, you have to sacrifice the other. Ever wondered why nowadays we cant say " I feel like killing you" for fun and the next moment we have dozens of critics hovering over us like flies condemning us for irrational insensitive behaviour? Its their right, their freedom of paper and what not. But in the end everything is simply pointless.

Only tragedy has the power to bring us together and push us apart. But this world today needs more than a tragedy to bring us together and solve the differences.

Keshi said...

HE hows u matey?

I'll check that video out soon, tnxx!


**you don't want to be 'put to sleep' by the Machines.

I agree.

Technology as it advances, seem to replace humanity. And ur right...we need to be cling onto all those good things we say to each other.


-----------------------------------

Aidan ur spot on.

**I am not convinced hate is something you just learn, it would be genetic at some level

I think so too.



-----------------------------------


sadly true Matty!


-----------------------------------

Ghosty ur right...tragedy does bring out the humanity in us. But isnt it always the good ones who remain good and the bad one remain bad?




Keshi.

Dalicia said...

whether you're parents or not. we all have to be very concerned with what is going on. i'm always disappointed how the officials or gov't handle things. only when it gets out of control THEN only THEN they realize it's a problem. too late then!

Princess said...

the same question comes to my mind a million times everyday i read something which shows how cruel men can be.......

highly heart breaking :(

di.di said...

killing people is a very popular and enjoyable hobby, nowadays...

Princess Banter said...

It's very true. Why don't people get it? No matter the color, the race, the nationality -- we are all essentially one and the same. We are all people trying to survive and to live, breathing the same air and walking the same earth. What's there not to understand? And how hard is it to comprehend it? By the time we all get around to realizing it, I bet it would already be too late... sad reality that...

Anonymous said...

IMAGINE if there were bo counntry
no religion


nothimg to die for
no reason to hate

lets HEAL the World
with LOVE

Keshi said...

hey Dalicia!

** only when it gets out of control THEN only THEN they realize it's a problem.

so true. Its like they were all on a coma till tragedy happened.



-----------------------------------

Princess it's become second nature to humans.



-----------------------------------

Looks like it ha Diva.



-----------------------------------


hey Princess_Banter!


**What's there not to understand? And how hard is it to comprehend it?

Totally agree with that! ppl keep saying 'u dun understand'...what is there to understand so much and what's so hard to comprehend? ppl r so good in finding excuses.


-----------------------------------

John Lennon said it the best. ty Anony!



Keshi.

dharmabum said...

disagree.
french isn't my mother tongue and i don't think it sounds funny. in fact, i think it sounds nice :)

Keshi said...

Hey Dharma!

**in fact, i think it sounds nice

ok so r u saying Sinhalese sounds not-so-nice? well then u shouldnt have watched Rupavahini hehe.


well it's strange ur saying that cos Sinhalese is very similar to Hindi! It's a dialect of Sanskrit so it shouldnt sound that funny to u anyways (Im assuming u speak Hindi)!

Besides it seems u hardly have anything 'NICE' to say to me. Either Im not smiling enough or none of my pics r nice or my mother-tongue is not-so-nice, etc etc. So who's being not-so-nice here? Or maybe Im not worthy of ur 'nice' comments!



Keshi.

Poo said...

Hey Keshi

**** But we cant all act upon their thoughts...we dun have the right to. Do we? *** Few do it and eg: The Virigina issue, and i totally agree with you its the family's responsibility to take care when the person is mentally ill.

Take care sweets :))

dharmabum said...

keshi keshi keshi!

how can someone possibly not say nice things to u, huh? i mean, ur blog reflects so much niceness that it wud jus be superfluous.

i never meant any offense alright? nice and not nice is entirely subjective, methinks and so u shudn't really matter. besides, me's just a bum u know, so it shudn't matter wat i think :P

i am, for one, infamous among friend sfor saying stupid things and not even realising they offend others. i think stupidity is my second nature. did i tell u my foot is my fav meal all de time? :D

*hugs*

Psyche said...

"THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM IF THEY DON'T WANNA BE HELPED!"


So true...

Tarun said...

I have a sneaking feeling that all the wars and vioplence has it roots in dollars and washigton dc

Keshi said...

yep ty Poo!


-----------------------------------

Dharma nah I dun mean u should always say NICE things to me or that u should say NICE things to me when I dun deserve em. tnxx anyways!

Sometimes we gotta think BIG instead of judging a language's niceness. We really can't do that cos no one wud feel at home with another language than their own. And 'funny' or 'not-nice' are not the terms we should use on a language thats not native to us. That was my point.

All's cool over here :)

-----------------------------------

Priya tnxxx!



-----------------------------------

Tarun heyy!


** has it roots in dollars and washigton dc

Its how we'd like to think abt all the probs, cos humans r forever looking for someone to blame their misfortunes on. Tell me, if sunnis and shiites were peaceful in the FIRST place, wud the US be involved with Iraq at all? Yes the US must have taken adv of the situation Iraq is at, but who's fault was it to begin with?


My opinion is that if we are happy and peaceful within our family, no one else from outside can affect us. :)



Keshi.

dharmabum said...

point well taken, keshigirl. thank you!

Keshi said...

no worries Dharma. In the end u dun have to listen to me :) Do what u like mate.

hehe tnxxx n TC!

Keshi.