Tuesday, July 22

Lights To Refuge



When you're on board an aircraft, you get all the safety instructions prior to taking off...you hardly pay attention cos you think you know how to handle such a situation if the need arises, and you continue reading the on-board mag. The flight takes off, and an hour into it, you feel some heavy turbulance and the Captain instructing you to fasten your seatbelts. You panic and you can't remember a thing the stewardess told you about emergency evacuation procedures and you blame yourself for not paying attention. Suddenly the aircraft is full of smoke and the Cabin crew instructs everyone to get to the back of the plane. It's all getting quite foggy and dark inside due to the intense smoke and right now you only have the on-board floor lights as your guide to the back of the aircraft. You depend on those tiny trail of aisle lights to take you to safety...take you where you feel you're somehow gonna make it. And what do you hope against hope here? That those aisle lights wouldn't die on you! That they are gonna keep litted and aid you until you reach your refuge. That doesn't mean that you expect the lights to shine any brighter than usual...you just want them to be there without flickering and dying away at your time of need.


Have you been a guiding light to someone who needed you in their darkest moments? Or did you just flicker and die on them, leaving them in pitch darkness? As far as I'm aware, I have never (and I mean it) let anybody down in their moments of hurt and despair. Sometimes all people ever need is just a hug and the realisation that their feelings were understood, not a validation of them. But I realised that that's not how everyone would handle it when it comes to my moment of need. But aisle lights don't need guidance do they? They just do their job. They just get on with what they're supposed to do...what they are made to do. And that is, to provide light (understanding and guidance) to evacuate people to safety (comfort) during an emergency (darkness) no matter what. So, I'm comfortable and happy being the aisle light that I am. It's at a time of despair that you can find out who really CARES. Have you been a guiding light to someone who needed you in their darkest moments? Or did you just flicker and die on them, leaving them in pitch darkness?


My cousin who's on the Right in this pic is a darling...she's always been there for me...not by words or by reason...but by her aura. She's definitely an aisle light to many people in her life. I dedicate this post to her. Thanks T, HUGS!


Current Music: Stan by Eminem feat. Dido

168 Cranium Signets:

Hemanth Potluri said...

dark ness huh the past few days wer like i had been in dark forevr...but u all guys brought me out of of and i belive u all r with me..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

***Sometimes all people ever need is just a hug and the realisation that their feelings were understood, not a validation of them.

people need a person they think who care at all times even wen he/she r in depression ... a single hug can play a big role which tells the person dont be alone because i am with u in life or death...

****It's at a time of despair that you can find out who really CARES.

u can find this out only wen ur in depression and ur heart is out of ur mind.... ...

loved the post keshi....thnks for it as i came to know lot of people who cared me in the past few days...

lots of love ...

urs..hemu..

the stygian sailor said...

*I have never (and I mean it) let anybody down in their moments of hurt and despair.
so, I'm comfortable and happy being the aisle light that I am.*
you realized it now?
then you are a tube light! :)
chill da, you are my supernova

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey soo cool mine is the first comment and loved ur pic with ur cousin y dont u put the whole pic...y only the pic till ur lovely smile....:(

urs..hemu..

Lucifer said...

i love d analogy u hae given thr...

**Have you been a guiding light to someone who needed you in their darkest moments?

cant really say...coz a couple of ppl say i did for em but i never realized it...so dnt kno

Anonymous said...

Keshi!! I am so glad that you realize that you are a light at the end of the tunnel for a lot of people!

You have been for me before and has never known it. I have been down and come by here and read your blog and it is all I need to put a smile on my face..

I am glad that you can find what you already are in so many others lives in your cousin!!

Ne.

Jay said...

I've never bailed on anyone, but I've had people do that to me. But, that's okay cause now I know who I can count on right?

Anonymous said...

I agree.
Hugs !
:)

Southpaw unplugged said...

Is that anu or her elder sister?:P

restless_soul said...

***And what do you hope against hope here? That those aisle lights wouldn't die on you! That they are gonna keep litted and aid you until you reach your refuge.***
The aisle light as u say r just doing their duties, they don't care if we find a refuge or not. I think i have fought it myself when there has been time when I needed to fight. I don't know if the moments i have been with my friends and people were the moments they really needed me. I can't say what my presence meant to them.
Family being a part of me does not count here because i am always there when i need myself. i panic, i become desperate just because i care for myself.
there are instances however when i have wished someone was with me especially during the bouts of depression but now its a personal battle.

Tarun said...

I dont know,if I have been light to friends, I would definetly like to help, but never imagined recounting on those instances.

Do good and dont keep count.

Keshi said...

ty Hemanth!


People cant always be there for u or even understand ur every feeling...but as long as they dun tell u HOW u should feel, they r being there for u :)



And yes I cut the top part of the pic off cos I dun want ppl to steal my pics n make fun of em elsewhere. yes some ppl ddid that.


*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

lol Stygian @tubelight! That I am yes :)



*HUGS* n ty!

Keshi.

srijithunni said...

Keshi!, only you can relate an aisle light to a trusted friend, so effortlessly.. Good one, there..!

Keshi said...

ty Mayz!


**...coz a couple of ppl say i did for em but i never realized it

its not that didnt realise it..u just dun wanna sound ur proud of it.


Well nothing wrong with REALISING what u r to others, as long as u dun keep reminding them wut u did.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Ne and definitely u've been there for me too hun HUGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

Keshi.

Deepti said...

I dont know if I have been a guiding light .. but have many people around me who have unknowning guided me along :)

Keshi said...

Jay thats so true.

And I like ur honesty. Cos some ppl dun like to say they were there for others. Wuts with that? :)

*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Hobo!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Southy its her sis.

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Thinker!


**I can't say what my presence meant to them.


maybe u cant say what it MEANT to them. but u KNOW u were there for them right? thats all that matters.


*HUGS* Im a lone warrior too.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Tarun Im not COUNTING here as u put it. Seems u didnt get my post. Nevermind.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Srijith for understanding this post so well!

Keshi.

Shionge said...

This is so sweet Keshi, I know I can just dial a call to my best friend who is residing in Sydney anytime....

La vida Loca said...

My honest answer to that question is I don't know. But I hope I was there for someone at sometime and made a difference.

Keshi said...

ty Deepti!


**I dont know if I have been a guiding light .. but have many people around me who have unknowning guided me along


if u can recognise another guiding light, u should be able to recognise when u've been one too.


Its not abt keeping a count as Tarun put it. Its abt knowing that ur not the kind of person who lets ur friends down when they need u.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

sure thing girl! HUGS @Shionge :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

LaVida hvnt u ever just listened to a friend's story in complete silence?

Keshi.

humbl devil said...

:)
words fail me...so i smile...

Keshi said...

ty Devil :)

sometimes Silence is a great expression.

*HUGS*


Keshi.

Southpaw unplugged said...

I thought so....
I found a guiding light on sunday night from someone who is usually very quite with me for sure, but when she found i was not ok, she was a totally diff person altogether. I marked everything she said to me...

Chakoli said...

Done know re...

did it or not...but i m quite sure I wudn't have ever been mean to anyone...or left people in a situation where I cud help... guiding light or nt...dont know... !!!

Keshi said...

Thats nice to know Southy. And thats what I meant by this post.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Chakoli tnxx!


**but i m quite sure I wudn't have ever been mean to anyone...or left people in a situation where I cud help


thats exactly wut I meant. Not being mean and indecisive when some is in need. Kudos to ya!

Keshi.

SMM said...

Oh Keshi....I would love to say yes,I have been an aisle light to my friends in their times of despair, but this is something which I think my friends need to say more than me. There may have been times when they just needed that hug and I gave it w/o really knowing that they needed it. But I can tell you that there are some of my friends who have been my aisle lights and I thank god for bringing them into my life.

Saim said...

dunno really...wud like to believe tht i hv always been thr for my friends n family...but sometimes even being thr is just not enough!!!
btw...love ur analogy!!!

Keshi said...

SMM u dun hv to feel awkward to say u have BEEN THERE for ur mates :) Its not a crime to admit it. Seems like alot of ppl here got this post that way.

tnxx!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty CN!

yes..but obviously we must be AWARE of being there for our mates? If we are not aware of it, maybe we were drunk then? lol!

Its not keeping count of it. Its KNOWING that u too can be a shoulder to cry on.

Keshi.

Ankur said...

first thing first... happy bday to ur sis!! :)

Wish her happiness and good luck!!!
may the year ahead is full of happy surprises for her!! :)
Amen!

Cheers!!!

Die Muräne said...

Hmm, not a guiding light, because being a 'guiding' light would mean that I know what's best for the other person, mean that I know exactly where he/she has to go or what to do. I don't know that.
So usualy it's best just to be there.

Southpaw unplugged said...

I understand...:)

Keshi said...

Murane nah I didnt mean that at all. U missed my point. I meant, at a time of need, hv u ever shown ur back to ur mates?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Southy I know u do :)

Keshi.

SMM said...

Hey Keshi...its not that I am afraid to admit that I have been there for my friends. I just feel that maybe this is something which they can tell you better - whether or not I have been for them ever.

I know of obvious times that I have been there - breakup, bad marks, job hunts etc etc, but I think more than this its the small unasked for times which count - like maybe after a fight with roommate/ mother or a bad comment on a paper or some uncalled for remark from any third person - times which I don't know about, but have still been there.

travel30 said...

"Have you been a guiding light to someone who needed you in their darkest moments? Or did you just flicker and die on them, leaving them in pitch darkness? " nice line

"Sometimes all people ever need is just a hug and the realisation that their feelings were understood, not a validation of them."

b'ful words Keshi...

New Post :
School Days Flashback - Memories Revisited

Tarun said...

I am trying to think,if I ever been helpful to b e people in dire straits.
As I said I like to help and at this point in time I think nothing is coming to my memory that I have helped people bailed out of tough situations.

Its good that u have someone to fall back on.

Keshi said...

ty SMM!

**times which I don't know about, but have still been there.


and thats wut I meant. By being a guiding light, I didnt mean HELPING to the max. Just being there w.o. judging. Thats what I meant :)

And im sure u hv been there for ur mates SMM.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

WC Rohit n ty!

Im glad u saw clearly wut I meant.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Tarun I didnt even mean that :) I didnt mean HELP.

Being there w.o. judgement. Thats what I meant.

I ask my feelings to be understood...and all I get is

'u should not be so upset'

wut d u think abt that?

Keshi.

Ankur said...

@Keshi

is that u r not replyin to me?? :(

Keshi said...

omg Ankur I missed u in the crowd! SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY! :( HUGS!


ty so much for ur heartfelt wishes for my sis! How did u know? oooo...u went to Mia's blog rite? :)


Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

yes I have been. before I used to think wat gud will it do to tat person. But now its not the same i know how much some people crave for those words and of course it makes a lot of difference. I am happy tat in this selfish world where we can't really do much for others there's something to do so as to make up for all the loss.



BTW if u see my blog tats awful I think there's much more serious stuff out there than my other blog.

Heart'n'Soul said...

I dont think i have ever let down neone in my life, infact m kinda knwn for alwys being thr.. My best friend Nikhil is one person whos always been thr, my lighthouse, my sun, my pole star...evrythn :)

But u know aisle lites cant always be there...thr battery can die too...wt thn...its not upto thm.

And then, thr r times whn u hv always been thr for a person but thngs don wrk out n u part ur ways...u don know wt went wrong and thy claim u let thm down...u don know if its true or not...wt then?

Tarun said...

HMmm ...

I am trying to get what u are trying to say.
Yeah if one offers to help it should be entirely on the urge (obviously wo judgement) to help more than anything else.

Sympathizing with others is something difficult to do,if one has limited experiences in life.

From my past experiences when people are down and out,often they dont want to ask for help and help is all that they requires u know like a spark to start the engine.

Keshi said...

ty Joyce!

And ty for being so honest.


** know how much some people crave for those words and of course it makes a lot of difference.


So true! Sometimes its just enough to make them feel better and give them strength to carry on.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty so much Div!


**I dont think i have ever let down neone in my life

So lovely to know that! And Im glad that u admitted to it. Cos its IMP to KNOW how u approach ur friends.



**But u know aisle lites cant always be there...thr battery can die too...wt thn...its not upto thm


I agree. But as long as they CAN, they'll be there right? And thats what matters.


*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehe Tarun :)


**and help is all that they requires u know like a spark to start the engine.

yes but that SPARK doesnt need to be HELP. if u know wut I mean. It can just be their 'PRESENCE' and 'UNDERSTANDING'.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

And Tarun if we take the aisle lights example again...

they r not gonna def SAVE ppl's lives...but atleat they are there...for that starting spark.


Keshi.

Tarun said...

I think I understand people if they communicate more,no matter how bizzare the situation going thru.

I loathe it when people just keep saying "You wont understand." without ever putting the finger on the point.

Obviously I wont until the situation is clarified.

I think I still have to comprehend this post a little better.

Keshi said...

Tarun by UNDERSTANDING their feelings, I didnt mean UNDERSTANDING the whole problem they r facing. Its almost impossible.

Wut I meant was UNDERSTANDING that they r feeling down and they need a guiding light. And by Guiding Light, I didnt mean a Nirvana attained Swami ji lol! I meant, just being there for them thru the rough times...until they see sunny skies.


Kapish? :)


Keshi.

Unknown said...

Nice 2 have a pillar or a rock to hold on to....

Tejas Lakhani said...

My Big B is like a light for me.
Whenever I am feeling low on confidence He is the one who guide me to polish those dull side If I can't see the brighter side.
He is my idol. (Not those Indian or American Waala....lol)
Hats off Bro. Give me a Hug Bro, I desperately need it from you, I will be coming home in mid of august.

Sameera Ansari said...

Great post dear,with such an innovative correlation to those aisle lights in an aircraft :)

To answer your question,I have been a guiding light to many,from as long as I can remember.There is so much joy in giving,and I love doing things for others.I don't think I have ever left someone fallen in a pit without trying my best,even if the least I could do is wait at the top and cry out for help :)

And the same way,many have been a guiding light for me,those angels who were there in times of despair,for which I am ever grateful.

Love you Kelle!Hugsss

Pinku said...

have I been a light?

well in all honesty I have tried to be. If I have succeeded or not is for people to say.

Am glad ur cousin is there for u and many others. U two look happy together. stay that way!

Tarun said...

Yeah I see a light scintillating at the end of a foggy path.
My brains tubelight seems to be flickering due a volatge (read hunger) fluctuations.
Will have to re-read the pst again after lunch.

Ciao

Benaam Badnaam said...

it is because of ppl like u...i always ask for the evacuation window seat...in an emergency dont want ppl fumbling wid d door...and no its not the leg room for which i choose tht seat...

i was like hey its gotten silent out here...then i realized it can only mean one thing...the blonde has written another post... :P

Arv said...

My birthday wishes to your cousin... Subaupandinayak...

Keshi... beautifully written post da... She must be really happy to read this.

well... I have helped people many a times and in many ways... but never as in an emergency...

Sometimes, even by just being there with someone, listening to them, makes a big difference to their world. If something gives me great happiness it is when am able to put a smile on some worried soul's face (be it human or animal or anything living).

Hope you had a good day... get some rest paapa... :)

Cheers...

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

Sissy..i don kno...may be i have benn..but i never backed off that m sure...means I do help ppl..but be the sole light..i was never given the opportunity...

Unknown said...

very nice example of the aircraft !

hmmmm my name means brightness and light.. but i expect more than i give.. which is wrong i know..

but my boyfriend keeps telling me that i actually am the light in his life and last night he told me to keep shining on him.. so i guess i have at least one person who considers me his light :) feels good, i should give more for sure and not flicker so much !

gypsy said...

:) when ur cousin wud read it, she wud feel gr8...

and its gr8 Keshi, havin smone whom u know wudnt be judgemental but wud listen to u...

Hiren said...

flicker and die ... naah never :)

** But aisle lights don't need guidance do they? They just do their job. They just get on with what they're supposed to do...what they are made to do.

Perfecto !!!! :)

deepsat said...

very thoughtful. life gives everyone a chance to be that guiding light. not everyone takes it. some are too self centered! and there are many who take advantage!!!

yes i have been to many!! sometimes i felt exploited!! but still, what the hell, it is always an honor to be of help to someone!!! :-)))

Krazy Krimson said...

I have always wondered, like in this instance, does the aisle light know its leading the way?

I know of some who can be the light of someone's life, by merely existing... not doing anything or saying anything, but just by being themselves...

Your post reminded me of those

Vest said...

My wife and I must have permanent lights fitted on our heads visable only to our extended family serial prodigals.
After leaving home three months ago for the umpteenth time, our 41 year old son(Gay)Div+ 2 ch,is back with all his goods and chattels plus 3 F cats. He has given away his job as a purchasing officer in a very large electrical firm and stated he wanted to become more stable and acquire more assets than us his parents, who is he kidding? I had a 28% of my income navy pension; at the age of 40, also the Wife and I have two retirement pensions, both UK and Aus, Plus super dividends. This prodigal son has now stated he will probably go up to Queensland soon, We cant wait for this to happen. However, being permanent perennial parent providing pathfinders, we will do our duty and provide sustenance for him.
our only reason for this is, because he is our son.
vest.

Chakoli said...

:)))

even kudos to you...fr coming with this...and making us realize :)

I guess people cud only prgress if they help others.... bachstabbing and selfish people may be a winner but can't be thr in long run :)

AVIANA said...

hey chicki,

i would love to say that someone has been my guiding light in my hour need when all hell breaks loose...but honestly ....i can't say that....my hour of need came a few years ago and the people i deemed closest weren't there for me to look up to.....that hurt the most.....


but i have been there and will remain there for people when it comes to that moment...i hope those people can quietly say to themselves that i was there for them......

Vinz said...

Keshi,

In our motherland there is saying which says somewhat like this ~ the sole purpose of human being is to be the 'deepam' for others life..

Deepam is a light..a light which is kept alive using oil.

You had just got a new word or say analogy to that..Hehe..

The usage of aisles was apt for the write up to convey the message...

Yeah, i feel i was an aisle light so far...But in between, dont know whether the lights blinked..hehe..

Anyways, this post inspires meto be unblinked..!!Way to go..!!

Cheers..

Aneesh said...

Excellent post, I must say, keshi. I had these moments, you call bad, but unfortunately nobody became my guiding light or so I felt or perhaps I didn't express my emotions and finally I myself had to become a guiding light for me. And 'coz I had such experiences when my friends came to me with their problems, I should say, I was able to inspire them, motivate them or whatever you call or atleast give them a hope for them to hold on. One of the most happiest moments is when such friends realise our help and thanks us and accept that we had made some difference to their life.
But, there were moments I couldn't even help, especially the love failure thing which I hope no one can help :)

Alok said...

don't know .. for me all I find when I look around me is myself ... i tend to lean on or hold on to myself :)


And I do listen very carefully to the flight instructions ... every time I fly :)


Alok

Rià said...

When I started reading the post I was wondering what is it abt, u hav this innate ability to express things with so much of ease. I love tht abt u gurl….in fact I m amazed at how sometimes ppl u knw turn their back on u and ppl who r mere strangers touch ur life in a way nobody can. I m glad I started blogging else I wudnt hav come across ppl like u. I wish I cud jus go down to Australia n give u a nice hug for being the person u r! Well, now comin to the point tht u hav talked abt in this post. Yes I hav been the lights of an aisle many a times for ppl who weren’t tht close to me….but still I wanted to b there for them in their troubled times. I had told u b4 too tht I get immense amt of satisfaction when I get to knw tht I hav been of help to sumbody. Yet ppl hav turned their backs on me and sometimes they hav blamed me for the mishappenings in their life. I remember one such friend during my mba who was two timing a friend of mine. She was a good friend but I cudnt get the reason as to y did she feel the need to spoil two ppls life. I really dint care for her ex who she was still goin around with. But this guy who had jus started falling for her was so in love with her tht he had made plans of marriage, not knowing abt my two timing friend’s truth! So one fine day when he started getting hints as to something is wrong he called me up and v met up for coffee. When I met him I jus cudnt look into his eyes coz I was feelin guilty abt knowing the truth but not letting him knw of it. But something in me pushed me to speak the truth and I ended up telling him everything! He broke up with her and owes me his peace of mind till date. But my friend obviously is no longer my friend, she called me a back stabber coz I was her friend and yet I dint stand by her. She spread wrong things abt me after tht incident and never spoke to me again. I don’t regret wht I did but my bf and my mom did feel tht wht I did was wrong, tht I shudnt hav interfered in somebody else’s life! But this is hw I m....silly and stupid!

Arjun said...

It's great to know that you didn't let someone down ever.

I guess I can't claim that - but yes it wasn't for lack of trying.

Anyhow - I've always managed to find myself alone when I needed someone the most (anyone would do at times like that). I'd stopped believing....
It's only now that I'm married that things have changed and my wife is there to guide me through. She hasn't let me down (ever).

stony said...

**and you blame yourself for not paying attention.

Sadly, it's always the case?

Scribblers Inc said...

I have tried to help out everytime there has been a crisis around me, but then again I may have been mean more than once...not because I wanted to be, but because I interpreted the situation so...

Scribblers Inc.

Anonymous said...

Keshi dear... i ve at times cme here.. cried with yu.. and lauhed with u too... u r and wll be a part of the light that keeps me going... and the other bloggy buddies make up the another half.

HUGZ!

lov yu!

Prakhar said...

Well i always listen to the stewardess ...its always pleasant to look at beautifull women..when they are talkin to u :)

..well i dun kno whether i flickred nd died on someone....but I have learnd that sometimes you have to let them go nd explore darkness...nd sometimes its because of some selfish reasons...

lee said...

Hi dear keshi - I haven't been on blogger for ages and wanted to stop by and say hello to you xx

Vishesh said...

hmm...i have had a lot of ppl who have rescued me...it includes all ya bloggers :)

My Unfinished Life said...

i dont think i have let anyone down when they needed me...as for my guiding light....there's no doubt about it...it's got to be my mum!!!

AmitL said...

Hi,Keshi...that was an extremely nice analogy,comparing one's own self with the emergency lights in an aircraft.How true- when someone needs you,and you decide to avoid them,it's just like those lights switching off at that critical moment. And,well,people do have a tendency to do that,especially if they're jealous of the other person,na?

As I said in your earlier post,I'm quite happy to feel/know that I'm a pillar for some people,both in the real and the virtual world(Including the lil kid for whose education we contribute every year to the Childcare Fund)...honestly,it does make me feel much happier to give. But,then,what happens is,every now and then,someone turns up who takes advantage of goodness,and,one's skepticism over everything and everyone keep growing..sigh!!:)But,then again,that's one of the challenges of life,I guess.
Cheers!!Tks for being around.

La vida Loca said...

oh yaaa
heaps of times

Pecos Blue said...

Big hugs for me. Validation is really a key to human understanding.

Sach1 said...

ye ye I have been a light to my love's life :) whenever I look back into the dark times, I see a true friend standing with a lamp amidst all the dark tunnels...someday I shall also dedicate a post to him...

Globescoper said...

Hi Keshi

I'm back.

I'm not blogging as of yet. Come to think of it, there's something else I have'nt done yet. Where is he?

(Excuse me while I slap myself.)

OMG! I'm back!!

LOL

Bev

Commander Zaius said...

I guess I'm a guiding light to my kids but for me to actually declare such a thing for me would be hubris. But my biggest fear is to let them down in someway. Sometimes I loose sleep wondering if a decision I made the previous day wasn't the best thing for me to do. Time will only tell, I guess.

SaffronSaris said...

Lol, recently you've been posting cropped faceless photos.
Haven't really thought about this guiding light issue, but it must be blessed for a person to have a guiding light and be a guiding light to others.

Keshi said...

yes Iceman :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Thats so good to know Tejas. Its important to BE an aisle light to someone u know, as well as IDENTIFY ur aisle lights in life.


:)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Sameera MWAH!


**To answer your question,I have been a guiding light to many,from as long as I can remember.There is so much joy in giving,and I love doing things for others.I don't think I have ever left someone fallen in a pit without trying my best,even if the least I could do is wait at the top and cry out for help


Beautifully said!


And I really love ur honesty in KNOWING that u were and are an aisle light to many ppl in ur life, as much as they r to u.


*HUGS* ur a beautiful shining light...I can see that very well.


Luv ya too kelle! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Pinku!


**well in all honesty I have tried to be. If I have succeeded or not is for people to say.


If u KNOW that u hv TRIED, then u HAVE BEEN an aisle light already. HUGS!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Tarun!

Im sure hv been a light to many in ur life, even tho ir flickered sometimes. :)

It happens to all of us.

Keshi.

fingers said...

With those lovely big bongos, I think you'd make a better life jacket than an emergency light...

Keshi said...

haha Mystique @the blonde has written another post!


When I fly, I always choose a Window seat. Cos u hv no idea how much I love watching the clouds, the flapping wings of the aircraft and also the beautiful views when taking off and landing.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Arv ty but its not my cousin's bady :) But ur Sinhalese ir pretty good wow!



**Sometimes, even by just being there with someone, listening to them, makes a big difference to their world

thats exactly wut I mean!



And I know ur an aisle light somehow..cos I saw the way u reacted to my last few posts...when I was down. u were completely understanding and knew I was feeling down. And u didnt just go ahead and JUDGE me..isntead u made me smile by ur post as well as ur true friendship. Whereas some of my old mates failed to even get close to that in the last few days.

So wut u did meant alot to me. TY n HUGGGGGGGGGGS! :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Bro!


**..but i never backed off that m sure...means I do help ppl..but be the sole light..i was never given the opportunity


u WERE given the opp and u PROVED it....proved it to ME. U know wut Im talking abt dun u. :)

Ur definitely an aisle LIGHT. HUGGGGGGGGGZ!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Dip ty!

**my boyfriend keeps telling me that i actually am the light in his life and last night he told me to keep shining on him

well thats a great start :)


Im sure u r much more than u think u r. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ keep shining!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Sinner :)


**havin smone whom u know wudnt be judgemental but wud listen to u...


thats exactly wut I mean. I cant u'stand why some so-called intellects cant get that :)


*HUGZ*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Hiren!

but never say NEVER. Cos even the aisle lights can die...but wut matters is that u do ur best when u hv the power..the electricity I mean hehe..


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Deepz!

And TY for u'standing this post really well. U got what I meant.



** life gives everyone a chance to be that guiding light. not everyone takes it. some are too self centered! and there are many who take advantage!!!


So true! Very well-said.



**i have been to many!! sometimes i felt exploited!! but still, what the hell, it is always an honor to be of help to someone..


u nailed it! Cos thats exactly wut I meant by this post :)



*HUGS*


Keshi.

maverick said...

well..maybe i have been or maybe not...but that doesnt stop me from helping people out when they are in their darkest moments....

this is something i do n not talk abt :)

Keshi said...

ty Krazy n hey WC!


** does the aisle light know its leading the way?


it should know or else it wudnt hv a purpose...and that purpose is to make sure to stay LIT UP til the ppl reach safety.



**I know of some who can be the light of someone's life, by merely existing... not doing anything or saying anything, but just by being themselves...


Exactly wut I mean. tnxx!



Keshi.

Benaam Badnaam said...

and hey...next time u post a new post :P drop me a line no.... :D

Keshi said...

Vesty ty so very much for sharing ur story with us here. Means alot to me. HUGS!


**However, being permanent perennial parent providing pathfinders, we will do our duty and provide sustenance for him.


thats exactly wut Im saying. Just cos ur son is being a dimmed light in ur lives, that doesnt mean u dim out on him too.


*HUGS* ur special!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Chakoli HUGS!


**I guess people cud only prgress if they help others.... bachstabbing and selfish people may be a winner but can't be thr in long run


Spot on! There cant be PROGRESS if there's no ACTION.


Keshi.

krystyna said...

Hi Keshi,
for sure You are an aisle light to many people,
and I am too
because I know that when people need me I'm ready to forget about myself and go with help.

Keep on shining your beautiful light!

Keshi said...

hey Lisssa chica MWAHHHHHHHHH! I missed ya babeh. :)



**my hour of need came a few years ago and the people i deemed closest weren't there for me to look up to.....that hurt the most


It has happened to me too. But trust me, I hv been there for them. ALWAYS. And Im not COUNTING here...Im just saying how much joy GIVING brings. :)


So keep spreading the light hun! Even to the ones that hv their lights dimmed for u.



*HUGS*



Keshi.

krystyna said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet sister!

Keshi said...

ty Vinu!

And DEEPAM is not a new word for me :) My mum is Tamil so I know the word and the meaning hehe. But tnxx for reminding me of it!



**i feel i was an aisle light so far...But in between, dont know whether the lights blinked


Thats great to know that u were an aisle light to some ppl. Blinking happens...cos we cant always be at our BEST all the time. Blink when u hv to, but die die on ur mates when they need u. :)



*HUGZ keep up the good work Vinu!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Aneesh!


**I myself had to become a guiding light for me


it happens after so-called friends and loved-ones leave u for dead, when u need em the most. It has happened to me too. MANY TIMES.


But like u said, Im confident and quite happy to say that I hv been an aisle light to these very people when they needed me. Im happy in the thought THAT I WAS NOT LIKE THEM.


So, like u said, when they come ard and tell u how much they appreciate ur 'presence', u feel great right? The joy u feel at that moment is incomparable to anything else. The joy in Giving is the highest form of happiness. And, ofcourse u hv to MEAN it, when ur being that aisle light.


So keep shining Aneesh! *HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehe Alok tnxx!


**i tend to lean on or hold on to myself

thats good too. U can be ur own guiding light. Always the best way to be. :)


*HUGS*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Ria MWAH! btw I luv ur new profile pic!



hey gurl, tell me abt loved-ones turning their back on ya *rolling eyes*, it has happened alot to me :) In the past few days too. So-called friends turned out to be just score keepers hehe. And now they're going ard bitching abt me. Not that I care :)



Anyways...what happened between u and ur friend is very common. One of my friends is doing the same thing. And wud u believe it, she's married! And she's in love with a guy at her office...and he's married too!!! :) She confided in me...and her husband is a very good friend of mine too. But Ria, I can never tell him the truth.



I really admire ur HONESTY and u were being very BRAVE. Nothing wrong with that at all. U did wut u FELT like doing. Its the BEST thing to do.


In my friend's case, I aint LYING to him if I don't choose to SPEAK. wut d u think abt that Ria? :( I mean, I dont wanna go and tell him she's tow-timing cos I feel it's not for me to do. Let him find that out on his own...they r happy at the moment (or appear to be), so I let em be.


but in ur friend's case, he was gonna walk into a Marriage w.o. any knowledge of her. So wut u did was the right thing hun. I stand by ya for that. HUGS!



**But my friend obviously is no longer my friend, she called me a back stabber coz I was her friend and yet I dint stand by her.


haha dun worry! They all do that Ria. They make all the mistakes and when the truth is revealed, they somehow BLAME others. It makes them feel good.


U were not a back-stabber. U were being FAIR and HONEST. I commend ya for that.


Keep shining luv! *HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Arjun!

When I say I hv never let anyone down, it always means I hv been there for ppl who r entitled to my love n support. If someone's lying, cheating, doing something wrong etc, I just stay away. I dun encourage that kinda thing.



**I've always managed to find myself alone when I needed someone the most (anyone would do at times like that). I'd stopped believing....


it happens. Sometimes YOU're your own aisle light. Thats why I said in the post that aisle lights dun need aisle light :)


Good to know ur wife is being a true guding light for ya.


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Stony even if I paid attention, I'd still need the LIGHTS to get to safety :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Scribblers!


**I have tried to help out everytime there has been a crisis around me, but then again I may have been mean more than once


Its commendable that u admit u hv been MEAN. It happens with everyone.

But some ppl dun even realise that they r being mean and r in denial.


*HUGS*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Veenz HUGS!

ofcourse, entire Blogville is one big TRAIL OF LIGHTS in my life!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Prakhar!

so u fly 24/7? LOL!


**but I have learnd that sometimes you have to let them go nd explore darkness


I agree. but that doesnt mean being turning ur bak on them. Am I right?



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Lee MWAHHHHHHHHHHH! I missed ya hun!

ty for dropping by to say Hello. Wud u be blogging again?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

true Vish, u and alot of ppl here hv been a wonderful trail of aisle lights for me, like u'll never know. HUGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

And Vish is a special LIGHT for sure!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Sushmita!


**i dont think i have let anyone down when they needed me


Thats exactly wut I meant by this post. HUGS!


*my mum

awwww...u reminded me that my mum is my brightest LIGHT too!


*HUGZ*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty AmitL!

And u know wut...u hv always been an aisle light to me...not just in words, but in ur deeds too. U hv never hurt my feelings and hv always atleast TRIED to u'stand how I was feeling. And that means alot to me, tnxxx n HUGS!




**- when someone needs you,and you decide to avoid them,it's just like those lights switching off at that critical moment. And,well,people do have a tendency to do that,especially if they're jealous of the other person,na?


So true!


Abt ur charity work...wow its commendable Amit. Im v proud of ya!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Good to know that Lavida :) HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Pecos!

**Validation is really a key to human understanding.

I guess so..but when friends VALIDATE ur feelings and brand u as this and that, instead of understanding the PAIN, it hurts more n more.


*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

How beautiful Sach!


**whenever I look back into the dark times, I see a true friend standing with a lamp amidst all the dark tunnels


So inspirational and Im sure u shine the brightest!


*HUGS*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hahahahaha Bev hey WB HUGGGGGGGGGGGGZ! I so missed ya hun :)

*slaps ya for going missing*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty BB!

u sure r a great guiding light to ur kids! U dun hv to even doubt that, cos we can SEE it thru ur blog. *HUGS*



**But my biggest fear is to let them down in someway


I know wut u mean. One of my biggest fears is letting down my mum/sis. No wonder Im still alive. Or else there were so many momenst I wanted to end it all.



Keshi.

Keshi said...

*moments

Keshi said...

ty Saffy! :)

cropped pics cos I dun wanna reveal some ppl's faces..cos they may not wanna be on the net. Also, cos some losers hv been stealing my pics and using them in their own accounts in other sites.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Fingers!

**With those lovely big bongos, I think you'd make a better life jacket than an emergency light...

lol u perv!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Mav u claim u HELP ppl when they need u and then say u dont talk abt it??


**this is something i do n not talk ab

this is not to shout to the world that Im there for my mates, but its a question of KNOWING if ur there for ur mates or u let em down when they need u.


Its not a crime to KNOW it.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Mystique :):)

1800-Crazy-Keshi


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Krys and u too hun HUGGGGGGGGGGGZ!


**because I know that when people need me I'm ready to forget about myself and go with help


And thats exactly wut I meant by this post. Lovely to KNOW that.


And some ppl mistook this post as COUNTING the instances when they've been there for others. Thats not what I meant. grrrrrrrr! :)


tnxx for u'standing this post perfectly Krys MWAH!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Krys awww ty so much for the bday wishes to my sis, HUGGGGGGGGGS! :)

Keshi.

Benaam Badnaam said...

i wud much rather call 1-800-Kinky Keshi :P

Keshi said...

Mystique that wud be the right number ;-)

Keshi.

Deepti said...

My name means light ... so maybe in that sense I can be an Aisle light .. :) thanks for all the nice things you've said :)

Keshi said...

yes DEEPTI in Sinhalese means BRIGHT too. :)

Keshi.

Urv said...

Lovely analogy Keshi.. I believe I have tried to live up to people expectations from me and always been there for them..

But sometimes, I think I have been there but with some flickering.. :(

Rià said...

Thanks a lot sweetie!and thanks for supporting me. :) Hmm in ur case things r far more serious. U definitely dont want ur friend to blame u for their divorce! I n my case i jus saved tht guy to marry a gurl who dint respect his feelings!So i suppose tht was still ok. U r right gurl, he shud find it out on his own so tht tomorrow none of them blame a 3rd person for their divorce.

Arv said...

You dont have to thank me for anything Keshi :)

I'm happy to know that I played a lil part in putting a smile on your face. More than enough.

Have a nice evening mate.. Cheers...

Ankur said...

huh, u lost me in the crowd!! :(
poor me!!! :(

:D
hehe... no problem but... :)

u know wat, i always take Kingfisher airlines and tat too i sit in the aisle, so its never a problem with stewards, i call them when i need something!! ;)
:D
and i have no such hellucinations in the aircraft!! :D

but on a serious note, talkin abt a guiding light, i dont kno really, but yes to my friends i have been a pillar of strength for them... many a times shouting at them when they are doing wrong, holding their hands when they need me the most, being a shoulder when they need it the most!!!

and yeah... its important for ppl actually that they have somone who listens to them..... for me too...

btw.. ur sis looks (i cant see though) pretty too!! ;)
:D
hehe

Cheers!!!

maverick said...

Mav u claim u HELP ppl when they need u and then say u dont talk abt it??


Keshi...dont talk abt it with the 3rd person..its not something that i boast abt it or make it a topic of discussion...someone requires my help...i do my bit of it..n thats abt it...


**this is something i do n not talk ab

this is not to shout to the world that Im there for my mates, but its a question of KNOWING if ur there for ur mates or u let em down when they need u.


well i knw that im there for them..n all my frnds knw im there for them...my orkut testimonials speak for themselves :)


Its not a crime to KNOW it.


Keshi.



never is..i knw :)

Vaudevillian said...

I always wonder what people must be experiencing and thinking in their last moments if a plane crashes.. its such a daunting thought, at the same time its quite intreguing..

what would one think?

some would pray, other would remember their loved ones, and the rest woud just wait.

its so hard imagining how those final moments would've been.. gets me thinking all the time.

Mysterious Mia said...

babes i am not sure of how many times i was able to be the guiding light for people but i have come across lots of such people in my life n am thankful to em...n hope i can stand up for em when they need me.

nice post babes...

Macadamia The Nut said...

There's this song I love... called "this little guiding light of mine" I keep quoting lines from this to people Keshigirl... What it says is that, whats the point in being a light if you are hidden away in a box, without being the source of light to someone... So true, no?

Keshi said...

ty Urv!

** I think I have been there but with some flickering..

me too..i hvnt always litted up as bright as ever. The key is not to die.



Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Ria!

** U definitely dont want ur friend to blame u for their divorce!

yes thats what I meant. they r married now...they better sort out their own probs. I dun wanna be a REASON for their divorce.



**I n my case i jus saved tht guy to marry a gurl who dint respect his feelings!So i suppose tht was still ok.

I agree. Nothing wrong with that at all! u did the right thing by him.



*HUGS*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

yes Arv u def made me smile :) ty n HUGS!

Im sure ur smothered by my many HUGS now? LOL sorry!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty Ankur!

yes I lost u in the crowd, but I finally managed to find ya bak..cos I spotted that lovely smile of ur's among many ppl :)



**but yes to my friends i have been a pillar of strength for them

thats what I mean. Being there for them when they need ya. It doesnt mean u help them with extrenal things. Just giving ur time, efforts and understanding is what I meant.


U r def a guiding light Ankur! U hv been an aisle light to me...many a times when all my other mates just left me in the dark. TY for being there for me HUGGGGGGGGGZ!

And keep shining!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Mav!


**..its not something that i boast abt it or make it a topic of discussion.

so r ya telling me that Im the kind who talks abt it and MAKES A TOPIC out of it? bleh!



**well i knw that im there for them..n all my frnds knw im there for them...my orkut testimonials speak for themselves


thats all I was asking for in this post Mav. Seems u hv already TALKED abt it in Orkut etc. So dun make a big fuss of not wanting to TALK abt it here :)



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Monk ty!


**some would pray, other would remember their loved ones, and the rest woud just wait.

yeah it must be so v hard to KNOW thay they're gonna die any moment...



Did u read the rest of the post? Or did u forget? :) thats ok.


tnxx!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Mia!


**n hope i can stand up for em when they need me

spot on! Thats exactly what I meant by an aisle light.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Maca omg that is my fav song from childhood days!!!!!! I used to sing it with all my heart at school assembly every now and then!


*HUGS* so true...wuts the point in hiding the lights in a box...bring em out and illuminate the world!


Keshi.

Arv said...

A lotus can never hurt by leaning over another one :)

Tairebabs said...

I love to think am always there for those who need especially when they need me most. I love how you related the flight and being a kindoff support to someone else.

maverick said...

@keshi..lol...what i say abt myself...doesnt mean that the opposite is true for u :)

and...i didnt write themselves for me...some of my best friends wrote them :)

Keshi said...

aww that was sweet Arv ty HUGS! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Tairebabs and I know ur def an aisle light HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehehe Mav point noted. tnxx n HUGS!

Keshi.

rantravereflect/ jane said...

heeeee,...
yehhh i've been a tubelight on many occasions.. liek a total dimwit blondie..
tatz abt when i myte have been a guiding light to light-hearted satire ;)