Monday, November 5

A Hot 'N Spicy Curry Night....




Guys I went to a terrific Tamil musical show at the Concert Hall in Opera House last night - read here. It was the Sydney tour of the very popular South Indian singer SP.Balasubramaniam. His voice has been one of my favourites and my mum is a great fan of him too. This is a great south Indian singer who has sung over 40,000 songs for countless number of mainly Tamil and other South Indian movies. As I'm a huge fan of South Indian actors Sri Devi and Kamal Haasan (2 pics here), and their movies (for which SP sings most of the time), I had to see and hear him LIVE, so I went :). We booked tickets 6months ago and finally the great day arrived. It was just beyond words...the sound system in concert hall was THE BEST compared to all the concert halls in Sydney (read here for more details on superb sound reinforcement techniques used inside Opera House). The concert hall has 2700 seats and last night's show's tickets were sold out - yes Sydney has a very large Indian/Sri Lankan community. SP's voice made it even more magical, and there were malayali, kannada and hindi singers too. It was one brilliant show! We couldn't take photos after the show started...so here are few pics taken by my mobile phone before the show.


Today's song is one of my fav Tamil songs which was also sung last night at the concert by Vasundara Das. She is beautiful and is a great performer too. Enjoy the song and the pics! Hope you had a terrific weekend too.


Meaning of this song:

It wafts through my heart, it is enough if I sleep on your lap,
And as I sleep peacefully, my desires, for so many generations will be quenched...
What I love and what I breathe, is your approval
I am suffering, I am suffering, I am happy in your memory...
When it rains so hard, we will get soaked in it,
And when we get sick from it, we will sleep together in the covers,
Telling sweet lies, you will conquer me....
And even though I know they're lies, that is all my heart expects from you
Everyday, I want you with me, never leaving me to step outside,
And, in play, sometimes, I want to be draped in your clothes...
Quenched...quenched...
Everyday after you've bathed,
When you find me and wipe your hair, with the end of my sari, that is poetry...
When you sneak up like a burglar, and suddenly come up behind me,
And embrace me, that is poetry...
If anyone asks me the time, I don't want to be able to tell them
For the span of love, the time of clocks do not apply...


Current Music: Vaseegara (from the Tamil movie Minnale)


113 Cranium Signets:

KAYLEE said...

You okay keshi?

SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

I AM SO NOT FEELING WELL :(

MY chest feels like someone stabbed a knife in me!

KAYLEE said...

also I cant walk,cause i will faint if i do...

BUMBLE!!! said...

I'm digging that tune that you have up - she has a really interesting sound in the words she uses.

Sounded like a great show - enjoy the week.

KAYLEE said...

LOVE thAT soNG!!!!!!

tulipspeaks said...

it has been very long time since i attended a proper concert! *sigh - i need a life!!!


ammu-in-deepavali-mood

Globescoper said...

Hi Keshi

Love that song!!

I would love to see a show at the Opera House.

Sounds great!

I have a bone to pick with you guys. What did you do to Meat Loaf? I heard he walked of the stage and said he will not perform again.


LOL

Bev

Anonymous said...

cool... must have been like a walk in musical-heaven...
he is clearly one of the best voices...
sounds kewl

tc...

anits said...

hi keshi...sp Bala is really hv superb voice...enjoy ur day! happy deepavali to u and your family ;)

uttara said...

keshiiiiiiiiiiii


man i love kamal hassan.. i was watching michaels madana kama rajan last eve i was in splits.. he is a wonderfulll actor n looks hott tooo :D

i love that guy SB also he is a wonderfull singer.. i aint that fan of sri devi i hate her voice :p

Globescoper said...

One more thing:

It's enough that Meat Loaf is quiting, but now it looks like we are going to have a strike by the TV writers. I can't take anymore.

Gun to Head. Shoot. Damn, I didn't put the bullets in.

LOL

AP

Hollywood Writers Prepare for Looming Strike
Contract negotiations continue in a last-minute push to avoid a strike by TV writers set to begin at Midnight.


Bev

my life.... said...

I like this music from Minnaley... abt 7-8 years ago this movie since released... Yes i like Kamal too! he is one guy who really can act so well :)Vasundaraa also acted in one tamil movie.. don t know why she didn t act beyond that... Happy Diwali :)

aMus said...

hey was that madhavan in the clip :) nice song...had heard the hindi version...like the way u use music in your posts...keeps me in touch :)

uttara said...

i donno if the comment came on :( all of a sudden it disappeared...
(if its not come then i will comment later ;p )

hmmm anyway....
guess u had a gr88 gr8 weekend !!
wish i was there tooo :D

muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i love this song.. in hindi its "zara zara" i like both version :D
just romanticccc ahem ahem

Southpaw unplugged said...

Wow someone's looking hottt!!!!
Keshhaaayyy lets do rumba on this song....:)

Sweetstickychewy said...

hEY sWEETS!

Great to hear you went for the show!! multi happy to know that!:D

And yeah i have hear about the ever famous singer too. And that song is pretty!!

my mum and dad do think he is a great talented singer!;D

Great pics there sweety. Shoe looks good!! ;)

HAve a good week!

Nora said...

So beautiful.

Nora

Sweetstickychewy said...

I forgot to mention. love ya bindhi. bling! bling! And u look great in ya outfit. Looking at ya accesories plus outfit. I just can't resist but say u look GREAT!!:D *HUGGIZ

MUAHZ!

Jay said...

Very cool. I used to go to an Indian restaurant that played really awesome music. I don't know much about it, but I enjoyed it.

Oh and you're beautiful. Just in case nobody's told you today.

Priya said...

Looks like you had loads of fun Keshi. Sridevi and Kamal are my fav' including Rajini all time and most of their movie songs r such a hit.

La vida Loca said...

yay!! i like them all too- SPB and vaseegara.

Vishesh said...

lol keshi all of us like SPB and the song :) :) :)

Keshi said...

Kaylz wuts wrong? :(



-----------------------------------

Bumble ty :)



-----------------------------------


Ammu plz....u HAVE a life. Today I might be at a concert but tmrw I might hv nothing interesting to do...life is like that babez. So Im sure u'll get to go to one soon. Besides I didnt go to one in a long time too..so this came after a while.



Keshi.

Keshi said...

Bev ty!

I know! I read abt Meatloaf too..wuts wrong with him!!!



-----------------------------------

DJ it sure was HEAVENLY!

Glad u like SPB too.


-----------------------------------

Happy Deepavali to u Anits MWAH!

Ant ty :)


Keshi.

AmitL said...

Hi,Keshi...hey,that sounds like one nice musical...I remember going to one of the musical nites,where SPB was one of the singers..it was a Hindi songs night,though(I don't understand Tamil)..and,his voice IS melodious.(Don't hear much Hindi songs from him these days,though).

I think Kamal H is one of the finest actors India has today.(Seen his Chachi 420?)
Have a nice day.

Keshi said...

hey Uttsy HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!

**he is a wonderfulll actor n looks hott tooo

OMG so yes! Even tho he's a bit old now, he's still HOT. btw I love ALL his movies, especially his younger days' ones...Moonram Pirai and Guru kinds...


Vasundara sang a lil bit of the Hindi version of this song too. One of my favs too Uttsy. Glad u like it too :)

So hows u?

-----------------------------------


Bev I read that too LOL! Wuts going on in this world ha....



-----------------------------------


hey My_Life tnxx! I LOVE KAMAL! ;-)


Was it Vasundara who also acted in Monsoon Wedding?




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Cloud!


**madhavan

yes! he's HOT too...man Im passiong out now! :):) All South Indian guys r HOT.


yes she sang a bit of the Hindi version too...for the Hindi audience...

-----------------------------------


hey Southy and who's that someone? Is it my cuz or me? LOL!


**rumba

OMG that wud be SO hot! ;-)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Amy tnxx hun!

I love Bindis and Indian gear. But my attire wasnt Indian last nite...it was just a cream satin short dress...but I wore black capri tights underneath, so that my dress wont look too short in a cultural event hehe...


ty for all the compliments sweetz MWAH!


-----------------------------------


G'day Nora n tnxx hun!



-----------------------------------

awwwwwwwww Jay ty and u r so very kind! HUGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Priya I love that couple too...they made great movies. Like SRK n Kajol in Hindi cinema.

Did u see Rajini's Shivaji? :) Great songs.


-----------------------------------

ty LaVida!


-----------------------------------

hey Vish!



**all of us like SPB and the song

Im sure there must be few ppl who dun :):)



Keshi.

Deepak Gopi said...

Kamal my favorite.
I saw him last week he was here to inagurate a book fair and release his book , 3 screen plays of him.
Hey ram,Thevarmagan,Mahandhi.
nice photo you look like an angel

Keshi said...

Amit he did sing a Hindi and Malayali number last nite...


**Seen his Chachi 420?)

nope..is it a Hindi movie?


btw did I tell ya I LOVE KAMAL? lol! He's got the most innocent and loveable face that I hv ever seen among Indian guys.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Hey Deepak :)

**I saw him last week he was here to inagurate a book fair and release his book , 3 screen plays of him.


OMG I wish I cud see him like that. When u see him next time, cud u tell him that Keshi ADORES him :). He's such a FINE actor! Where does he live btw? ok Keshi turning stalker now LOL!


and ty so much for the compliments :)



Keshi.

ghee said...

kewl pics,Keshi!!
loveable shoes and anklet,you`re really fashionable.

youre weekend was a blast!!

Sam said...

SP is one the legends of India. I haven't heard him sing in any other language apart from Hindi. But frankly, I simply loved his voice the way song Roja or Yeh haseen vadiyan from the movie Roja!!

AVIANA said...

KESHI!

I'm sorry chica! I've been MIA but I had to deal. How are ya chica?

Looks like you're doing good. Weird question but is Tamil Indian or Sri Lankan or both?

I'm sorry but it's probably a dumb question.

I have to catch up. have a happy day !

:)

Amey said...

Kamal Hasan and Sridevi? Haven't seen either in a movie in last... well, many years.

But looks like you have started off Diwali celebrations with a bang. Both the singers you mentioned are really talented. Vasundhara Das is also a good actress.

Sweetstickychewy said...

yeah..i wasn't sure your dres was indian but love the white accesories to go along with the look though. The bindhi and anklet were nice though.:)

Nice retro look there..capri tights.;)

Cheers!

starry said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.love the pictures of you and the anklet and handbag.pretty cool.I love that song and Kamal Haasan is a fan of mine too.

AVIANA said...

oh i just read your chic diversity post..interesting but coming from a black background, i can see why the indian women were pissed....white women can hold their own on magazine covers but dark ethnic women have to be accompanied by white women....

but i think it's also kinda backwards but from the little that i know about India is that light skinned indians are favored, look at bollywood and all the leads are all 'light skinned with light eyes" but the side, funny, non-relevant characters are all dark...what does that say?

maybe people should look inward...same thing happens in the black culture and almost all cultures that are not white...light predominates to varying degrees...

interesting post....

have a nice one!

Keshi said...

aww ty Ghee MWAH! :)



-----------------------------------

hey Sam!


** I haven't heard him sing in any other language apart from Hindi.

he sings mainly Tamil songs. But he does sing Malayali and Hindi ones too.


omg I love the songs from Roja! My fav was Choti choti asha...:) In Tamil it was..Chinna chinna aasai...


-----------------------------------

hey Lisa I missed ya! hope all is well with ya?


**Weird question but is Tamil Indian or Sri Lankan or both?

ok it goes like this :). All Sri Lankans were orginally from India..long long time ago. Sri Lanka consists of a majority of Sinhalese who were orginally from Orissa in India and speak Sinhalese (sanskrit dialect - very much like Hindi). Tamils r a minority in Sri Lanka and they were orginally from South India and speak Tamil.

Im half Tamil and half Sinhalese :) So I u'stand alot of languages hehe. My mum is a Tamil and das was a Sinhalese.




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Amey!


**Haven't seen either in a movie in last... well, many years.

well I love old movies...I dun like the new Tamil movies..most of the time they just yak yak and there's no story. Old movies hv such great stories and less fights n yakking :) So I love Kamal's movies..also he's such a great actor.


ty Fleiger!


-----------------------------------

Aha Aakash :) And how was ur wknd?




-----------------------------------

hey Amy tnxx hun!


**The bindhi and anklet were nice though

yep...I love the anklet alot. And wud u believe it I lost my Bindhi as I was going into the hall :):)


And there was also a guy looking at me and saying some thing to his friend and smiling...I was angry at him...cos he wudnt stop looking. This was during the break...then I made a funny face at him LOL!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Starry! :)

**Kamal

cud u find me a man like him? hehehehe...



Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Lisa tnxx!


**white women can hold their own on magazine covers but dark ethnic women have to be accompanied by white women....

I agree but here in Aus I see alot of Indian/Black/Lebanese women used as models in mags and posters. I dun see any discrimination over here.



**look at bollywood and all the leads are all 'light skinned with light eyes" but the side, funny, non-relevant characters are all dark...what does that say?

so true! Well-said Lisa. Fair skin is such a NECESSITY in many parts of India. Or else wud they make a cream called FAIR n LOVELY :)

ty!

Keshi.

AVIANA said...

oh by the way...

although i'm not desi..i lit some candles for you guys although they are battery powered cuz i'm scared of fire....happy deepavali if you celebrate

:)

J said...

wow..day by day u r posting one good song after another. way to go!

Unknown said...

Lovely Song...

Originally sung by Bombay Jayashree.. love it!

Keshi... Nice legs! :P

Keshi said...

aww thats really really sweet of ya Lisa!

Now shall we search for ur John Abraham here? ;-)


-----------------------------------

gee tnxx Jitterz! I feel honored that u like my music :)



-----------------------------------

hey Iceman ty for the 'leggy' compliment ;-)



**Bombay Jayashree

yeah I know...I love her voice so much! hv u heard her song 'Ondra renda aasaigal'...its my fav btw!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw I dunno how to get rid of that 'Fan list' crap on this slideshow. So ignore that ok :) tnxx!

I dun want FANS o no!


Keshi.

Anonymous said...

I did a tour of the opera house a longish time ago and it was very interesting to hear how the acoustics had been adjusted in various ways. It kind of indicated to me that it was deficient in the first place.

Sig said...

Hello Darling! I saw the promos for that here too - I think they might be on their way to Melb soon too :P

Love the song - I once sang the Hindi version of the song at this sangeet night...soooo embarrassing but it's beautiful :)

Sri Devi was one of my fave actresses growing up as well and she is an amazing dancer to top it off - u HAVE to see Mr. India - she is hilarious in it :P

Sounds like u had a great weekend!

Tys on Ice said...

i like that song...i find lots of the south indian music still very much steeped in their classical roots...so i tend to enjoy that a lot...

glad tht u had a great time

AmitL said...

*goes and checks out his face,vis-a-vis Kamal*...verdict: More innocent...LOLOL.

Jeevan said...

These are very beautiful pics of u dear :) happy that u had a wonderful concert. SPB is my favorite singer too, there is something not change ever would be his voice.

Nice translation of Vasigara ;)
Thanks for the wishes keshi, I wish u too Happy Deepavali!

Ramya Shankar said...

Spb's voice for kamal is something to die for !
And am ogling at ur sandals, Cinderella ! :D :D :D
Are they still intact ?

Preeti Shenoy said...

Heshi MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! You posted one of my ALL TIME favourite songs--and you trnsalted the entire meaning too! Did you know this movie was also remade in Hindi (same song is zara zara and the movie is 'rehna hai tere dil mein)

glad you had a great time.
Hugs Keshi--and thanks for posting this!!

AakASH!!! said...

The usual drudgery.

K M F said...

thats my favorite songs thanks to share with us..

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Pretty strange, SPB had never been my biggest choice. It has been Hariharan or so. People say I am eccentric and why am I not surprised :-(

Adorable Pancreas said...

When you said SPB, the first image I got was of Balamuralikrishna, dunno why. Weird.
Anyway, he sings in mal too. Who were the mallu singers?
I read the meaning and knew the song at once. *pats self on back* (You're welcome to pat too.) The original was by Bombay Jayashree, but it sounds a lot like Vasundhara, don't you think? I used to think was Vasundhara until someone showed me the CD.
The hindi version sucks. Dia Mirza makes me nauseous.
(Didn't figure you for a tam until now, by the way. :)

Ekta said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo!
Not this song again!!...I mean I have heard this song sooooooooo many times that I cant bear to hear it anymore....eeeshhhhhH!:-)

Peter said...

I can just imagine what you felt! Know so little about the Indian music culture, but trying to learn a bit. Know a little about citar and veena music and our city is now full of shops for Indian films and music, so no excuse...!

FH said...

Great that you enjoyed the concert! I love SPB's voice too, have many CDs.
Happy Monday and happy Deepavali!:))

KP said...

well thats something different!! different type of concert!!

Chiniiz n Sugarz Mom.. Swati said...

wow Keshi! you got to attend SP in live! coool! the meaning of vaseegara is so beautiful. they remade the film in hindi but couldnt capture the same meaning in the hindi version of this song... this one is so much more deep, i must say.

Chiniiz n Sugarz Mom.. Swati said...

and regarding my illegible comment in one of ur previous posts, forget abt it.my lil one was playing at the laptop then, so the letters were all jumbled up. I should hv checked before posting the comment.

TK Kerouac said...

Its beautiful the way your blog can evoke so many feelings and emotions...


My daughter is up again for best Canadian blogger
raymitheminx.blogspot.com

but they put her in with political bloggers this year and one is ahead

Care to come vote for her? and any of your readers that are interested?
ox

Aditi said...

he does have a good voice.. i bet it was a fun night...
sorry i have been really swamped should have more time to catch up on posts etc now

Vidya said...

Cool, so you speak tamil too. I speak tamil too :) and vaseegara is an awesome song in Bombay Jayashree's voice.

Your translation was good too. (hope you did not get any help from anyone -- sorry, the devil in me had to go there -- ;)

And yes, music concerts are really good. I attended a Unni Krishnan's light music concert sometime back and am yet to complete the post on that. The lazy me. Reading this one, might inspire me finish that one.

SPB still rocks and he rocks big time. Havent been to a concert of his yet. Should make a note to do that if he visits Dallas sometime.

Shiv said...

Gurlll
u understand tamil too..
wow...

jac said...

That is one of my fav song keshigirl.

gP said...

Keshi.....wonderful experience. have never seen SPB Live. Wish for one day. Loved the snaps...the special ones.

Paul said...

So in the song, he bathes first.

This sounds like a good thing. Seems like afterward might count for something too, and that the lyricist might have worked this in as a kind of message "for the kids out there," as they say.

It's a good thing you've got me monitoring your blog for these finer points . . .

Keshi said...

hey Andrew!

How long ago was that?


-----------------------------------

Hey Silvara sweetie the Mel show was on last Sat nite :)



** I once sang the Hindi version of the song at this sangeet night

WOW u can sing? I really wanna hear u sing...


Sridevi is indeed a GREAT classical dancer. And with such a perfect body, she looks great when she's dancing. I love when she does traditional girl roles...she looks the best in them.

And yes I hv seen Mr.India :)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Tys me too...I love love love the instrumental tunes...especially the flute....


-----------------------------------

LOL Amit awwww...





Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Jeevan ty!

SPB's voice remains forever young. Amazing voice he has!

-----------------------------------

hey Ramya!

Kamal is sooo cute :)


**And am ogling at ur sandals, Cinderella ! :D :D :D
Are they still intact ?

hehehe...yep they r still intact...I wish I left one of em behind tho...so a Prince wud come n give it to me ;-)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey PS MWAHHHHHHHHHHH! :) I m so glad u like this post and the song.

I know the Hindi version too....tho I like the Tamil version better cos I u'stand it :) nah I havent seen that Hindi movie...who acts in it?


-----------------------------------

hehe Aakash we all hv to face that every single day :)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

KMF Im glad :)



-----------------------------------

hey Vikz!


** It has been Hariharan or so

I saw Hariharan LIVE too :) when I was at the AR.Rahman concert last year in Sydney. He's good.




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Adorable tnxx!


**Anyway, he sings in mal too. Who were the mallu singers?

yes he sand some Mallu songs too. The other Mallu singers were Sadhana Sargam and a guy names Nishant...

Im half Tamil yes :)


-----------------------------------

LOL Ekta sorry for making u dizzy!






Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehe Peter u already know alot abt Desi culture cos u know Keshi :)


-----------------------------------

Happy Deepavali to u Asha!


Glad to know u hv many SPB CDs...me too...DVDs as well and alot of KAMAL dvds too LOL! I love that guy!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty KP!


-----------------------------------

hey Swati!


I hv seen AR.Rahman, Chitra and Hariharan LIVE too :)


**lil one

awww LOL that was cute. Its really ok...tnxx!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey TK ty!

**Its beautiful the way your blog can evoke so many feelings and emotions...

really? WOW I feel honored :) tnxx!

No probs..I'll come ard n vote for ur daughter. And I will tell others too.


-----------------------------------

No worries Aditi, take ur time. tnxx!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Vidya yes I speak Tamil too cos my mum is Tamil..dad is Sinhalese :)


**hope you did not get any help from anyone

haha no ways! Tho my first language is Sinhalese, I speak, read n write Tamil too. Im pretty good ha ;-)


u live in Dallas? WOW!


-----------------------------------

hey Shiv yes I do...read my reply to Vidya above :)


tnxx!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

Jac u like Tamil songs? WOW!


-----------------------------------

aww tnxx Ghosty! :)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Paul!

**So in the song, he bathes first

hehe yes :) but mebbe she bathed first too...who knows? :)


**"for the kids out there,"

:) not really...it's for adults as well hehehehe...


tnxx Paul!




Keshi.

Anonymous said...

woow sparkling keshi-chan!!
ive never had anklet.
it looks awesome on u!!

Akshay V said...

It sounds like a lot of fun to me. I have so never been to a hindi concert.. may be I should try it soon.

SaffronSaris said...

Really? I never knew that there are quite a number of Indians/Sri Lankans in Sydney.

Everytime I'm at a tourist attraction and there is loud talking, inadvertably they are from China, so it seems to me like they are everywhere!

Chiniiz n Sugarz Mom.. Swati said...

AR Rehman n others!! u rock!!!

Seriously, she loves to play(?) with my laptop. it's so much difficult to type when shez up. Even if she is playing with her toys, in between, every couple of minutes, she wud thump her hands on the keyboard. Today i was away for a few seconds leaving her n my laptop on the floor and by the time i returned, she had opened 48 windows of sony's helpdesk. i guess she ws telling me this is to do if i leave her wid the laptop in future!

Keshi said...

Niki buy an anklet..it'll look good on ur pretty feet. :)


-----------------------------------

Akshay u havent been to a Hindi/Tamil concert?? U live in India right?




Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehe Saffy there is a BIG Indian community here in Aus.

Mostly skilled migrants...

-----------------------------------


hey Swati!



**she had opened 48 windows of sony's helpdesk.

LOL so darn cute! Im sure she's gonna love the PC when she grows up :)

my kisses to her!




Keshi.

KAYLEE said...

//Kaylz wuts wrong? :(//

Ummm well I feel over in the shower ttoday,trying to get ready to go to the doctor.then I spent 9 hours there :(!

Coco said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful outing : )
i liked your anklet : )
sandals : )
and music selection : )
it's too bad i don't know the language : (

have a wonderful week!!

take care!
hugs and blessings.

Keshi said...

o no thats no good Kaylz..TC of urself!


-----------------------------------

ty Coco I sure did :)


d u wear anklets?



Keshi.

Veena said...

Oh!! you lucky gal.. SPB is my favourite.. and he has sing beautiful numbers for kamal.. I am feeling so J ;)

KAYLEE said...

NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

But,I am sure I will be oklay soon.The Doc told me I will be fine soon.I cant not trust him.I just wont walk around much til I feel comfortable to do it, without falling over.

Anonymous said...

Why did I even study Chinese ??? Tamil sounds like so much fun ! :$

Okay, I must admit I don't know much about your other culture (other than Australian that is). I'm willing to learn though !

Crazy Me said...

Live music ... nothing beats it. Nothing. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

SP Balasubramanyam is also one of my favourites. I also like his voice & rendition very much....So you had a wonderful night & the words of the song are so beautiful & meaningful...Wonderful...Have a nice time!

Anonymous said...

chancey illaa. ur comments just amaze me.. ncie pix

Menchie said...

Wow, sounded like the perfect night. You got to get all glam (you looked great, as usual :D) plus listen to a good concert.

Keshi said...

Veena dun be J..go see him next time he has a concert close to u :)



-----------------------------------

k good to hear that Kaylz. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!




Keshi.

Keshi said...

lolz Zhu...ur doing fine. Dun change languages :)



-----------------------------------

Crazy_me thats so true! Nothing beats LIVE MUSIC.





Keshi.

Keshi said...

Kalyan ty! :)


-----------------------------------


Chriz hey!


**chancey illaa.

enna chance illada? :):)




Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty so much Menchie! :)



Keshi.

Helen said...

I love to see shows--theater, opera, the orchestra...

**And even though I know they're lies, that is all my heart expects from you everyday**

aaahhh, and isn't that so what that passion is all about? Totally believing the sincerity of the person you love because they believe their own sincerity, even though it is lies...but somehow even that's ok...

Thanks for sharing!!

Keshi said...

very well-said Helen! I dun mind sweet lil lies ;-)

Keshi.

Adorable Pancreas said...

Sadhana Sargam is not mallu. Dunno the nishant guy. Damn! Now I feel like a pseudo mal. :P

Keshi said...

hey Adorable!

Sadhana sang Mallu songs too...but yeah mebbe she's not mallu :)


Nishant is a new guy...but had a very good voice.



Keshi.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Crap, missed the Indian Music.

Keshi said...

Phos I gave u the link of that song in the 'My Unlucky Stars' post's comment-reply to ya.


Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

To My Sweet Keshi with all my sweet kisses and red roses.

It wafts through my heart, it is enough if I sleep on your lap,
And as I sleep peacefully, my desires, for so many generations will be quenched...
What I love and what I breathe, is your approval
I am suffering, I am suffering, I am happy in your memory...
When it rains so hard, we will get soaked in it,
And when we get sick from it, we will sleep together in the covers,
Telling sweet lies, you will conquer me....
And even though I know they're lies, that is all my heart expects from you
Everyday, I want you with me, never leaving me to step outside,
And, in play, sometimes, I want to be draped in your clothes...
Quenched...quenched...
Everyday after you've bathed,
When you find me and wipe your hair, with the end of my sari, that is poetry...
When you sneak up like a burglar, and suddenly come up behind me,
And embrace me, that is poetry...
If anyone asks me the time, I don't want to be able to tell them
For the span of love, the time of clocks do not apply...

Keshi said...

aww ty Ori!

:)

Keshi.

Pijush said...

You are looking gorgeous in the slide show. Bala S and Sridevi both are my fav and very popular in Bollywood. Thanks for the nice translation and sorry for being late. I have no connection in home still :-(

Keshi said...

tnxx Pij!

and plz dun apologise for not commenting...ur my friend, thats all that matters.


Keshi.