Monday, January 26

The Land Of Dinky Di!

Update: Guys, I'm very busy at work at the moment...going to new places, taking up new challenges etc. Hence my absence in your blogs and here too. I'm really sorry about it. But I'll be back in a couple of days ok? Thanks all and have fun!


Today is Australia Day...the anniversary of the first permanent European Settlement in Australia in 1788. It is a day of memories, valor and honor for those who made this country to be what it is today. Australia has a convict history yet is one of the best countries to live in the world today. It has been MADE by the strength and courage of all those who came to this land, irrespective of their origins, casts or creeds. What's special about Australia is it's multi-culturalism that has become an attribute of it's success and unity. Australia operates on a 'fair go' system where color or status of the person doesn't matter...what matters is 'if you can do the job'. I can assure of you that quality of Australia cos I'm one of the millions who came here on their own merits and was treated fairly and respectfully by Australia for what I could do, and not for who I was. If you ever lived in Australia, you'll know what a beautiful, peaceful and blessed country Australia is. We don't care where you come fom or what religion you follow...have you got confidence and a free spirit? That's all Australia is about.


btw I'm extremely busy this weekend, I did dance like a maniac last night at the party :), I'm having a massive hangover this morning yet planning to go visit an Aussie Day function at a famous park in Sydney later in the day. I'm looking forward to all the good ol' Aussie songs, dancing and many multi-cultural events. And my heartiest congratulations to the Australian of the year professor Mick Dodson! He's a truly well-deserved recepient of this award among the great indigenous Australians. And my best wishes and thoughts are with the great Aussie cricket legend Glen McGrath (Australian of the Year nominee 2009) for his true courage not only in the Cricket field but also with his personal battle in life. *ooh ahh Glen McGrath!* And the sweetest Aussie ever Steve Irwin, we haven't forgotten your true Aussie legacy either...you shall always live in our hearts! *tears*


As an Aussie Day post, I wanna ask you this


*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?


So let's all learn from Australia...let's go forward, not backwards. You may wonder what the title of this post is about...Dinky Di is Aussie slang for GENUINE. Let's all be genuine...true to ourselves and to others. Let's LIVE AND LET LIVE, for that's the only formula for SUCCESS.


Happy Australia Day to all true blue Aussies around the world!

can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder...you better run, you better take cover
;-)...



Current Music: Land Down Under by Men At Work

158 Cranium Signets:

Saim said...

well its Republic Day in India as well...coincidentally they fall on the same day...
u r absolutely correct about wht u say...thts wht the feeling tht as an outsider I also get of Aus...
so hv a fun day...njoy!!!

Priya said...

Wish you happy Australia Day Keshi:) Never been ther. But all it comes to mind is Cricket and the Kangaroos.. well who can forget Keshi from Aus'.

Margie said...

Happy Australia Day, Keshi.

Oh,take care of your poor head with that hangover...ouch!
Glad you had fun at the party & danced like a manic...the only way to dance.

What does the word Australia remind me of?
I would have to say a magical & beautiful place where a kind & gentle soul by the name of Keshi lives.

What is the one thing I love about Australia?
Well, it would have to be the beaches as I miss them so much!

Guess what?
My daughter plans on taking her honeymoon in Australia & New Zealand...in July.

TC & enjoy the the Aussie Day event.

HUGS!

Margie

Menchie said...

Hiya Keshi! Happy Australia Day! Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I've so missed talking to you through your blog and mine. :D

AmitL said...

Hi,Keshi-Happy Australia Day!!Today's also the Indian Republic Day..and,I believe,one more special day in another country-can't remember where.:)
---
Tks for the update on the lovely country down under..re. the questions-What does the word Australia remind you of? Well,it reminds me of Keshi,childhood and Radio Australia listening(DXing,in tech terms),kangaroos,my current Co's HQ,ever-growing educational institutions there,and,of course'Hi,Mate!'
----
One thing I love about Australia?It's kept it's distance from the world's political controversies.

Chakoli said...

Hey sweetie,congrats fr australian day.indeed even i hve heard aus is gud place to live.apart frm aus's cricket it dosnt reminds me of anything hwever:-).
btw in india as wel v hav our republic day,nd v lazy ones r slping.take care

Hemanth Potluri said...

Happy Aussie Day :)....so u had so much fun sweets..my weekend was mixed up..:)..


*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?

kangaroos :)....i love to see them one day :)..

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?

ur the only one there...so obviously u :)...

i wish i could come there to atleast but u a big choco :)....

have fun today :)..

urs..hemu..

Cяystal said...

Australlia day..Interesting..
Same as India's Republic Day !:)
HappY Aussie Day to you!

Rià said...

hey a very Happy Australia Day to u babe!i loved the pics and my personal favorites are the fireworks at the Sydney Opera House and the one with Steve Irwin in it. I really was very fond of him as a person. Btw there's something waiting for u on my blog.

Trinaa said...

its republic day in India today!! :)


Happy Australia Day to all of ya!

Southpaw unplugged said...

Yeah its australia day, Its republican day in India, Today here in colombo we will be celebrating the republican day as well as the major victory by the srilankan army on LTTE...:D
Last but not the least GONG XI FA CAI(A very happy new year to all our chinese friends) :))

Suresh Kumar said...

Australia reminds me of well...
Crocodile dundee movie, nicole kidman, the ashes, nala damayanthi movie, aborigines.

I would love to visit that country some time in future...


Happy Australia Day to you. Enjoy

Jira said...

When I think of Autralia, the cricket team comes to mind first! And then the world map with Australia in the lower right hand corner, and my friends who live there!

I love McGrath And Steve Irwin too!

Jay said...

I have a cousin who was the brother of my great grandmother who left England and moved to Sydney back around 1900 or so. He even served in the Australian military during WWI.

I have an address that he lived at when he lived there too. So, someday if I ever get there I'm going to go by that spot and see what it looks like.

Anonymous said...

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
Melbourne Cricket Ground.


*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
Less Population.

I dream to visit Australia one day.

La vida Loca said...

Happy Australia Day Keshi!

#1 exotic and HOT
#2 Koalas and Kangaroos

Richa said...

happy aussie day to u Keshi :D

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Hey, Australia seems such a nice place actually! :) I've always wanted to do higher studies there! Lets see if that happens cos I don't think I can come there by merit :P! Maybe with your recommendation!

The word Australia reminds me of the ugly spat between Harbhajan and Symmo! Omg! One ugly event it was!

The thing I love about Aussies are their free spirits, sexy girls:):) and Fosters! :P:P

Dinki Di?? Now how does that come into use as a slang??

freudian slip said...

hey! noticed 0 comments.. so here i am

Vishesh said...

Happy Australia day :)

today is our Republic day as well :)

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

a very happy AUSTRALIA DAY to u too :)
have loads of fun
i miss Steve Irwin too .

today is India's Republic day too :D

Anonymous said...

i love steve irwin.. and i hate the ossie cricket team for their lack of sportsmanship behaviour

Nikhil Menon said...

Australia reminds me of the ponting',warne' and McGrath' and soo many other cricketers.. :p

Lately also of the movie,nicole kidman,dokic etc etc.. lol

India became a republic this very day back in 1950.. :)

Take care

Nikhil

Tejas Lakhani said...

Hi keshi.
few things keeping me busy so not able to comment on ur post.

will surely comment soon....

Keep Rocking,
Tejas Lakhani

Salil said...

Hi Keshi:
Happy Australia Day to you!
* What does the word 'Australia' remind you of? - Kangaroo, Cricket, Fosters
*What is the one thing you love about Australia? - Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
Cheers,
Sal

Unknown said...

:))) Happy Aussie day! read ur post and called up my kid sis who lives & studies in melbourne!

and keep those dancing shoes on and let the hangover stay!!

Anwesa said...

well,its republic day in india 2de.
"australia" reminds me of opera house,sydney.n i luv d same opera house!!:)

Anil Sawan said...

Happy Aussie day.. Happy Republic day [India] as well :)

Anonymous said...

Australia reminds me that it is a very large and strange place - yet it looks smaller than the Isle of Wight on my map. Why is that?

Lena said...

umm... i am very very far from Australia.. but it always reminds me of Keshigirl ;)
honestly whatever we were taught in school about Australia it was about kangaroos and other animals :D
But i love your spirit about the country and i am sure it is a great honor to live there and feel yourself as the citizen of this country!

Sig said...

heheh hope you had a great Australia Day too -
I went to a friends house for dinner and it was awesome :)

Australia is....home :)

R said...

It's Republic Day here in India!

Australia reminds me of the word 'Fosters'.

Jokes apart, I think Australia reminds me of penguins.And the colorful Aurora Australis.

Jack said...

Keshi,

Today it happens to be Republic Day in India. In my mind image of Australia is a land full of promises and amity. Land with lots of space for everyone not only physically but for growth too.

Take care

FH said...

Happy Aussie day to you!

Incidentally, it's India's Republic day today as well! :))

Elithraniel Arawion said...

hey.. funny u shud mention this.. my uncle's just come down here from aus.. i love the place, tho i've never actually been there.. ive heard stories and stories and can't wait to come there..

The first thing that comes to my mind when i think abt aus is kangaroos and steve irwin o course :)

Benaam Badnaam said...

dammit...thats where i missed out...the merit part :P

what makes u hard working people work so hard...ok don't tell me i dont want to know :P

Kartz said...

Australia and Republic Day greetings...

** What does Australia remind me...
- A childhood rivalry! My friend is an Aussie fan, and since that day (yes, you can say that the pact was sealed in blood ;p ), I have been anti - Aussie.

One exception though, Pat Rafter! :) The "anti thingie" is restricted to cricket.

** What I love about Australia...
- The Great Barrier Reef. Diversity. Flora and fauna... And the Happy Slam, the Australian Open! :)

Happy festivities! Tc.

Peace.

KP said...

Happy oz day mate!
nice post...well written:). Heath ledger, steve irwin,mcgrath:). great auusies! absolutely great!

one truly genuine is the oz beer:). FOSTERS...

do you guys have free happy hour on OZ day?

Mysterious Mia said...

how cud i miss this post....haha

here i am......what does the word australia remind me of...two very important years of my life that i spent in sydney


n teh one thing i love abt australia is the spirit of the people...happy go lucky in the truest sense...i love the laid back attitude.....the concept of big weekends

i miss OZ
:(
hugs dearie

Mysterious Mia said...

a few other Oz's i like r kylie minogue, brett lee, russell crow

Coco said...

Happy Day!!
Congratulations!
What am I supposed to say?
Any way, you probably have a free day...YAY!! : )
Hope you are well.
Sorry...I've never been to Australia, BUT I do plan on visiting (hopefully, SOON!).
I sent you an e-mail...hope you received it ; )
Hugs & Blessings,
Coco

rayshma said...

heyy!!!
here after a while... and what a day to land here!
happy aussie day!!! :)
u almost made me want to shift to aussieland! :D

when i hear "australia", the first thing to come to my mind is the way it looks on the map. i have NO clue why. but that's how it is in my head!
someday, i shall visit and get better images to recall the beautiful country! :)

prabirsaha said...

G'Day!!! Keshi,

Thanks for your post. Australia is indeed a land of abundance and it is one of the best place to live in.

"The people are A-W-E-S-O-M-E".

People from different caste, creed, religion lives together in harmony and the best part personally for me is the "mateship" they have. I love it.

Oi Oi Oi

Steve Irwin ... we all love you, Bindy carries your movement forward ...

Australia YOU ROCK!!! mate :)

Cheers
Prabir

Paul said...

"Australia..." I guess the word never reminded me of anything.

But that's appropriate. Geographically it's so unique - the shape of the continent, the wildlife...

deepsat said...

that sums up australia day in a nice way!!

What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
blue sky, prestine beaches and beautiful air. nature at its best!

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
mate-ship!! ppl r so forgiving and caring!!

;-))

Cess said...

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of? one of my manager is australian and he keeps saying 'mate' and 'all righty' which can be prety annoying after a while but i guess i got the point cause he s using less these words now :P

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
never been there, I heard there is a couple of cities among the 50 of the best place to live in are in Australia, i guess the sun would be great for a change :P

Anonymous said...

hey !
I was gonna say about the republic day in india...but then many people have already said that by now !

anyways, HI !

Globescoper said...

Hi Keshi

Hope you had a nice holiday. I expect you didn't get any 69ing over the holiday.

LOL

Bev

Commander Zaius said...

Happy Australia day and Happy Republic day as well to all.

What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
As place of mystery and adventure. A place that I might expatriate to in a few years.

What is the one thing you love about Australia?
Off the top of my head the Great Barrier Reef, but the people, the sites like the Sidney Opera House, and the possibility of finding a true small quiet town that I live in.

Whitesnake said...

I am NOT missing the 40c plus heat girl I can tell ya that.......

Hemanth Potluri said...

Gud mornin sweets :)..hope u had a gr8 monday :)...mine was ok with broken hand :P..heheh..

urs..hemu..

Srinivas said...

Wising you Happy Australia Day!Here in malaysia...we are having Chinese New Year holidays!!Happy Holidays!!!
*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
Reminds me of aggressive cricket team..Andrew Symonds, Ricky pointing,Shane warne not as friends but as enemies to Indian cricket team...(what to do..I am a die hard Indian cricket fan)
*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
My boss-an Australian.

starry said...

Happy Australia day to you Keshi.Would love to visit Australia one day.The land of Dinky Di indeed.

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

happy happy happy :P

u pick the later words :P

Devika Jyothi said...

Live and let live..

But who holds one back??
Oh, terrorists, rt? :)

will need strict action by world governments...
anyway, b'lated Happy Aussie day, Keshi

you 'Never blue girl' wishing to all 'blue' Aussies?? :)

wishes,
devika

ps: so what's Aunt saying? :)

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Happy Australia Day!!

'Land Down Under' is one of my fav songs.

And you KNOW I have a special connection to Australia right ? ;) Beautiful country, beautiful people :)

Cheers!

Akshat said...

Happy Aussie Day Keshi!!!

uttara said...

heyyy hi keshi :)

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?

UMMM kangaroos and keshi :)


*What is the one thing you love about Australia?

like the beaches and the harbour :)

wanna watch it close to love it :)


happy aussie day to u ...

Also Happy Republic Day ! :)

Here we celebrated the Republic day and hoisted the tri colour flag and are proud Indians :)

hope alls well with u ?? :)

tc
have fun :)

!Teq-uila Del Zapata said...

happy oz day to you
Oz reminds me of great cricket, great hockey, loads of big green lands, big grounds and it offcourse reminds me of sidney, which reminds me of you.
btw, they say due to rough weather and rough terrain people in oz are rough and tough?

Rakesh Vanamali said...

My Wishes Keshi! Thanks for a very informative write-up! Thanks also for including Steve Irwin there! He was someone I loved a lot, for the kind of work he did!

Tarun said...

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
Kangroos

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
Population Density

Anonymous said...

We'll miss ya gurlll...

Talking To My Soul said...

A belated R-Day and A-Day.

Well, Australia is my fav cricket team. Two guys by the names Steve Rodger Waugh and Adam Gilchrist are personal favs. So is Pigeon.

I love Australia's love for sports. It defines their spirit.

*smilez*

Jeevan said...

My answer in a word to questions is Keshi ;)

Quite Australia, glad to see the people are treated alike there, whatever there origin is. Happy Australia Day!

SeePearrl said...

Happy AUssie day gal..how are u doing ? its been really long!!

Margie said...

Just read ur update!
No need to be sorry...just take care of what you have to.
Take care, hun!
Don't work too hard & see you soon!

HUGS!

Margie:)
P.S Oh, and have an awesome day!

Southpaw unplugged said...

What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?***The black swans of swan river...:)

What is the one thing you love about Australia?
Actually two things as of now. As u wud remember i went to the western australian region, so my first love is the skyline of perth from swan river and second is the cable beach at broome...:)

Hiren said...

happy Aussie Day !!!

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
-> Aussie Cricket Team ... and a whinning Ponting :)

*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
It for sure is beautiful, serene and an awesome place. I sure want to visit it one day.

Shionge said...

Yo Sistah....Happy Aussie Day to you too and despite your busy schedule you still keep us updated ;) You are an angel, take care and be back soon.

Preeti said...

happie aussie day buddie :) love ya :) autralia reminds me of gilchrist, shoes and beer :):) ye ye aussie :):)

Satish Bolla said...

belated australia day wishes, keshi. hope u enjoyed it well at sydney.

i hear a lot abt australia frm a frnd of mine, who studied here. thta bugger wouldn't stop talkin abt it, even if am sleeping! can see the enthusiasm in his face, when he recounts those good old days.

the word "australia" reminds me of a lush green outfield with a couple of kangaroos hopping by.

Cяystal said...

*What does the word 'Australia' remind you of?
Kangaroos,Koala,BRETT LEE!


*What is the one thing you love about Australia?
Less population. :D..kiddin'
I love the Coral reef! Will someone pleeease take me there? :D

My Unfinished Life said...

well...there are many things that are good in Australia...but i really dont like the way it has treated its indigenous people....the brutual way the whites had tried to finish off the indigenous race by segregation...and till the 70's they were considered part of flora and fauna of the country(sic!!) ..not humans!!...that is something not truely great...but as u rioghtly said....we shud look forward not backward....
happy aussie day to you!!!

Macadamia The Nut said...

BOO!!!
:D
Scared ya! Scared ya!!
(how bloody juvenile huh)

How ARE you Keshigirl????????????????????
I've got SO much catching up to do on all my blogger pals' blogs. And thought I'd start by saying a BEEEEEG hi to you.

Be good... I'll be back in the evening to read... MUAH!

Keshi said...

Hey CN tnxx!

Happy Rep Day!

And cheers for feeling the same vibes as in this post abt Aus :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww tnxx Priya! I cant forget u either :)


** Cricket and the Kangaroos..

Well-said! Those are Aussie legacies hehe...


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Margie tnxx hun!

**I would have to say a magical & beautiful place where a kind & gentle soul by the name of Keshi lives.


how very kind of ya to say that HUGS!


And yes Aus has some very beautiful Beaches!

wow ur daughter is gonna be holidaying here? So very noiiiice!
;-)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Menchie I missed ya too HUGGGGGGGZ! So nice of ya to drop by...means alot to me. tnxxx luv!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey tnxx Amit and happy Rep Day to ya!


**Well,it reminds me of Keshi,childhood and Radio Australia listening(DXing,in tech terms),kangaroos,my current Co's HQ,ever-growing educational institutions there,and,of course'Hi,Mate!'

Good on ya Mate! ;-)



**One thing I love about Australia?It's kept it's distance from the world's political controversies.

true...altho Aussies do get influenced by the US, sometimes.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day Chakoli!


**apart frm aus's cricket it dosnt reminds me of anything hwever

Cricket is quite an AUSSIE quality ya know.


tnxx!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Hemz thats a very sweet thing to say! *HUGZ*

Roos and Keshi...they act the same too LOL!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day to ya Crystal!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Ria HUGS!

Happy Rep Day to ya! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Trinaa lovely pic of ya there!

tnxx and Happy Rep Day to ya! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day to ya Southy!


**Today here in colombo we will be celebrating the republican day as well as the major victory by the srilankan army on LTTE

I agree that the LTTE should be stopped on their tracks, but alot of innocent civilians are also dying..in this war. I was watching TV last nite, and apparently 250,000 civilians in Mullativu r displaced and r in danger.


Im sad abt that. So I dunno if I should be celebrating with the SL Army or I should be thinking abt the many innocents who died in the past few weeks...its a real tough decision to make.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Suresh!


**Crocodile dundee movie, nicole kidman, the ashes, nala damayanthi movie, aborigines

o I love Croc Dundee!


:)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Jira!

Im a huge fan of Steve Irwin! I cried so much when he died.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Jay!

thats some very interesting history abt ur relatives WOW!


**I have an address that he lived at when he lived there too

can ya tell me which state and which suburb?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Hobo!

**Melbourne Cricket Ground

I've been to the MCG :)


**Less population

22million...its growing hehehe..


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Lavida!

**#1 exotic and HOT

it sure is :)


**#2 Koalas and Kangaroos

aww they r the cutest family members of Aus!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Richa!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Shrav!

I wish u all the best for ur higher study plans in Aus!


**The word Australia reminds me of the ugly spat between Harbhajan and Symmo!

yeah but I cant u'stand why so many Indians still choose to keep in in their memory :) No one even talks abt it over here anymore. In Sports, alot of UGLY things happen. But we must move ahead and not forget all the GOOD games that Aussies and Indians played :)



**The thing I love about Aussies are their free spirits, sexy girls:):) and Fosters! :P:P

hehehe cute!



**Dinki Di?? Now how does that come into use as a slang??

u can say 'r ya a dinky di mate?'

meaning

'r ya a GENUINE friend?'


:)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Experience ;-)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day Vish! :)

And tnxx!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day Truthful and tnxx alot!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Chriz!

**i love steve irwin..

yeah he's such a kind soul


**and i hate the ossie cricket team for their lack of sportsmanship behaviour


I guess its not ONLY the Aussie team that can get nasty. In sports, alot of ugly things happen.

Its not a quality of a COUNTRY but an INDIVIDUAL.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Nikhil!

And Happy Rep Day to ya! :)


**Lately also of the movie,nicole kidman,dokic

yeah alot of men admire Kidman and Dokic hehehe...


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey no worries at all Tejas and tnxx! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Sal! :)


**Kangaroo, Cricket, Fosters

Wonderful!


**Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef

hv u been there snorkeling? WOW!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty Shoe_girl!

**read ur post and called up my kid sis who lives & studies in melbourne!


how very sweet of ya!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Anwesa and hey Happy Rep Day!


**opera house,sydney

I work very close to it :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Happy Rep Day Sawan!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Mutley!


**Australia reminds me that it is a very large and strange place - yet it looks smaller than the Isle of Wight on my map. Why is that?

huh does it? :) I dunno why..u tell me.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Hey Lena tnxx hun!


** i am very very far from Australia.. but it always reminds me of Keshigirl

awww wut a very sweet thing to say. HUGS!


yes I love this place..I love the attitude, lifestyle and ethics of ppl here. i.o.w. I can be myself here and feel appreciated for who I am. Its so down to Earth over here.

tnxx alot hun!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey my fellow Aussie mate Silvara HUGS!

yes I had a good Aussie-Day long weekend. Im glad u had some fun too :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Julia and Happy Rep Day sweetz!


** I think Australia reminds me of penguins

yeah there's a Penguin Island called Philip Island in Melbourne :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Jack and Happy Rep Day!


**Australia is a land full of promises and amity. Land with lots of space for everyone not only physically but for growth too.

Spot on! Very well-said Jack. Its the land of PLENTY.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

tnxx n Happy Rep Day to ya Asha HUGS! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Elithraniel!

Im sure ur uncle will be a great fan of Aus now :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Mystique!

**thats where i missed out...the merit part

wut d u mean?

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Kartz!

** A childhood rivalry!

HAHAHAHA! Dun worry, we all hv such a rivalry when it comes to Cricket :)


**Pat Rafter

One of my old Tennis favs too!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty KP!

**Heath ledger, steve irwin,mcgrath

I agree...some great men there!


**happy hour

we hv a public holiday in Aus for Aus Day :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty Mia!

I thought of u when I wrote this post :)


** the spirit of the people...happy go lucky in the truest sense...i love the laid back attitude.....the concept of big weekends

definitely! the laid-back attitude yet the hard-working spirit. Absolutely brilliant combination!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Mia dahlin

**kylie minogue, brett lee, russell crow

I love all 3 of em!

Im crazy abt Kylie...I ADORE Russ...and Im in love with Brett lol! I saw him close up at a Desi function...I was sitting right behind him :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Coco hey HUGS!

ty for ur email...but I didnt get the earlier one ur talking abt?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey tnxx Raysh and WB! :)


**the first thing to come to my mind is the way it looks on the map

yeah..it wud be natural to imagine the map of Aus hehehe...


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

G'day mate! @Prabir :)


*mateship

yes! and thats truly prevalent in every aspect of Aussie lifestyle.


**Bindi Irwin

i really feel sad when I see her..cos she reminds me of good ol Stevo!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Paul!

**Geographically it's so unique - the shape of the continent, the wildlife...

yep...Aus has very unique wildlife. d u know the Platypus n the Tassie devil?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty Deepz!

**blue sky, prestine beaches and beautiful air. nature at its best!

definitely! the air is so clean n fresh here.


*mate-ship!! ppl r so forgiving and caring!!

very true! Aussies r always the first to roll up their sleeves n help those in need. There's so much compassion in this land!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Cess MWAH!


**one of my manager is australian and he keeps saying 'mate' and 'all righty' which can be prety annoying after a while but i guess i got the point cause he s using less these words now


LOL hahaha! Alritey then ;-)



**SUN

we hv plenty here..want some? :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Hi Neo and Happy Rep Day to ya! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Bev!


**Hope you had a nice holiday. I expect you didn't get any 69ing over the holiday.


HAHAHAHA! let me say a dinky di reply to ya...NO.

LOL!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty BB!


**As place of mystery and adventure. A place that I might expatriate to in a few years.

really? WOW!



**Off the top of my head the Great Barrier Reef, but the people, the sites like the Sidney Opera House, and the possibility of finding a true small quiet town that I live in.

ur bound to find a small quiet town in Aus every few hours if u drive to the beautiful Outback.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Steve!

**I am NOT missing the 40c plus heat girl I can tell ya that.......

HAHAHA ur right abt that mate! its bloody f'n hot today!

So ur officially a Kiwi now? baa baa lol!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Hemz I had a good one :)

hows u?

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Sri and Happy Chinese New Year!


**Cricket

yeah Aussies hv an 'unhealthy' and 'brutal' addiction to sport lol!



**my boss

hey thats nice :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey my Dinky Di mate Starry HUGS n tnxx! ;-)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Bro tnxx!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

HAHA Devika tnxx!

**you 'Never blue girl' wishing to all 'blue' Aussies??

noooo...sometimes Im as blue as theblue ocean hehe...


**Aunty

omg leave me alone Devika..dun remind me of her lol!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty CG!

ofcourse I know ur 'linked' to great Aussie flavor haha! ;-)


**beautiful country beautiful ppl

indeedz! where women glow and men plunder ;-)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Akshat! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Uttsy Happy Rep Day to ya!


**kangaroos and keshi

we r realtives btw :) cos I hop alot haha!


**beaches n harbor

u gotta see it some day....cos we hv the most beautiful harbor in the world!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww ty Anuz!

Im glad u think of me hehe :)


**btw, they say due to rough weather and rough terrain people in oz are rough and tough?

oyeah! not only physically but also mentally :) ppl here r up for anything. Aussies hv a culture that thrives on 'live n let live'...and they easily get over things...a very popular Aussie slang is 'get over it!'

:)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Rakesh!

**Thanks also for including Steve Irwin there! He was someone I loved a lot, for the kind of work he did!


yes...he loved nature and wildlife like no one else did! He did alot to show how much he cared for animals.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Tarun!

hooroo! ;-)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Rakesh aww..I think Im bak for a lil while :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Soul n Happy Rep Day to ya!


**Two guys by the names Steve Rodger Waugh and Adam Gilchrist are personal favs. So is Pigeon.

they r great sportsmen that did Aus proud!



**I love Australia's love for sports. It defines their spirit.

Spot on! The laid back dinky di spirit of Aussies. :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Jeevan!


**My answer in a word to questions is Keshi

aww HUGS! ur a swt-hrt Jeevan :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

OMG White_Forest WB! I so missed ya :) So lovely to hv u bak.

Im doing good ta and urself?

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Margie HUGS!

**Don't work too hard & see you soon!

Aussies hv taught me how to work and play at the same time, so duncha worry dahlin. haha!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Southy!


**so my first love is the skyline of perth from swan river and second is the cable beach at broome.

I hv never been to Western Australia (Perth city). I'd love to...and I'll go n see the Swan River then :) tnxx Southy!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Hiren!


**Aussie Cricket Team ... and a whinning Ponting :)

haha! o cmon u can try and REMEMBER better things abt Aus cant ya? :)



**It for sure is beautiful, serene and an awesome place. I sure want to visit it one day

aww I hope u get to visit Aus some day :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Shionge!

:)

HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Preeti and WB! so r ya bak for good now?


**autralia reminds me of gilchrist, shoes and beer

hehehe...me loves shoes sista! Ugg boots?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Satish ty!

lol @ur friend!


**a lush green outfield with a couple of kangaroos hopping by

in the country, yes...not in the City tho hehehe...


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey ty Crystal!

**Kangaroos,Koala,BRETT LEE!

I love em too! I was sitting behind Brett Lee in a Desi function :)


**Coral reef

u mean the Great Barrier Reef? awww...its in the state of Queensland.


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Sushmita!



**but i really dont like the way it has treated its indigenous people....the brutual way the whites had tried to finish off the indigenous race by segregation...and till the 70's they were considered part of flora and fauna of the country(sic!!) ..not humans!!...that is something not truely great...


I agree..it all happened when Europeans first came to Aus. But AUSTRALIA wasnt formed then. They were the first BRITISH who came here.

Today AUSTRALIA is fully formed. And AUSSIES dun treat Aboriginal ppl or any others in the manner u mentioned. I know, cos I live here :) Millions of migrants from all over the world r very happy living in Aus and with Aussies.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey look who's back! :) WB Maca HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!

I hope ur here to stay this time?


Keshi.

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

I didn't have it in mind for it's ugliness!! I liked it for the way the Australians spoke!!

If you watch it in youtube, you'll see it with subs! Matthew Hayden goes, "You're wrong mate!" "It's racial villification mate" And Bhajji says, " Noo, noo I didn't mean it that way" !! :P

Bhajji sounded as though he was shivering!

And it's not always the good things that you keep in mind, is it??

so 'r ya a dinky di mate? :P

Keshi said...

haha ok Shrav!

I dunno wut really happened, who said what first etc but I know that was one UGLY spat between the Aussies and the Indians, that later stretched to racist slurs etc.

:)

tnxx mate Im dinky di here alright, r ya?


Keshi.

Arv said...

oh.. I missed it... Hope you had a lovely time :)

take care.. cheers...

Keshi said...

hey tnxx Arv :)

Keshi.

KP said...

Happy Hour--> is a time when the drinks are sold for half of the regular price in bars! this is ususally for friday afternoons..to early start for the weekend!

I am sure u guys call it smthing different in OZ land:).

Mysterious Mia said...

@keshi

hey babes....*high five i like how we always agree on most of the stuff...

so how is the heat treating u eh....

Keshi said...

KP we do hv Happy Hour here :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Hi Five Mia! ;-)

And why is ur blog private now? :(

Keshi.

Vest said...

We who live in strayer mate have the freedom to choose our own destiny and kick the ass of those who try to change the rules.

Keshi said...

haha I so agree Vesty! kick em bak to where they came from..I'll help too :)

Keshi.