Sunday, March 16

A Mind With A Mind

Once you have decided not to think about something ever again (say an ex-partner, dead relative, a bad experience etc), can you really remain that way? I mean can you avoid those thoughts completely, especially when you still hang around the same places, when you hear about them all the time, with or without your choice? I believe no thought is 100% locked in...meaning no thought is totally detached. Every thought is linked to another. There will be raw emotions still attached to an old relationship, a bad experience, a sad event etc, and they will be so whether you like it or not. Cos our mind is such a big place..it holds so many memories, thoughts and wounds, both new and old. You may say you have forgotten them completely and that you don't have anything to do with them ever again, but the truth is they are only words...the concrete thoughts in your mind are resting deep down only to be re-awakened without notice..only to be triggered when the right cue is met. Then you bury them again and try to move on. And the cycle repeats. Thoughts are hard to fight cos they are linked to one another. You can shove them back to the bottom of your mind, but they have a way of crawling back up again. Just like how the waves somehow keep reaching the shores...just like fresh flowers on an old grave, buried thoughts somehow resurface from the dead. You can chuck someone/something out of your mind but your mind keeps some snapshots of them for good. Trying to erase them would be like trying to get rid of red ink from a white carpet. The stains maybe removed, and now lighter in color it may be, but the shape of the stain remains. What do you do then? Nothing. Cos you're helpless when it comes to thoughts being born in your mind. It seems that the mind has a mind of it's own. Once you know, you can never un-know.

There was a time when I believed in a God who can repair my mind...I thought He(/She) could do anything...even change my mind...fix my thoughts for good. But I realised that external influences arent capable of controlling my mind no matter how 'divine' they may be. No offense to any religion/god but I think spirituality of the mind is a way of life that only you can teach yourself...it's not a God-driven carriage where you're the horse. Nothing/Nobody can get into the mind of someone else and ask it to stay put...not even yourself can do it sometimes. If there's a God, He(/She) must be laughing at my past hellbent attitude on fixing my thoughts. Cos even He/She knows it's really not that easy. Some thoughts come crashing down without you expecting them, just like thundering and lightning. And hey at other times, I'm so at peace, and my mind is clearly made up on certain things...and I'm in cloud nine cruising away. It's like I'm so in control and that it's such an easy task to do...go figure! Most of the time we are all pretending that we are in control and just going on with our daily lives when deep down we are falling apart. So...I believe that the mind is the most controllable YET the most uncontrollable thing in the world. Funny ha? Any 'thoughts' from you? :)


And the Flying Kissee of the day is....

There is this wonderful friend of mine that I have known for some time now and has become a source of inspiration to me in ways only my heart knows...and he's none other than THE ever-handsome and sweet Grunty! This special mate of mine is all the way from the USA and he can sing so very beautifully (yes I have listened to his own songs). Girls now he has a voice to drool for, not to forget the looks aha! I mean how can we not notice ;-). He is someone who just gets on with life no matter what comes his way...he has a willpower that no one can conquer...his strength and courage through his battle with Cancer at such a tender age is an enormous strength and courage also to myself. The times he was Cancer-free, the day he was diagnosed with it, the many posts he shared with us through his toughest times of Chemotherapy, the many smiles he still brings to us, his great sense of humor through all of this, is actually a wonderful unravelling of a beautiful soul that don't take a single day for granted. I don't appreciate people for nothing...I need to be touched in a way that makes me feel so brandnew, in a way that makes sense out of my being, in a way that makes life more meaningful to me...and Grunty does just that. With the hell he's going through, the tears he must cry all by himself, the fun he brings out through his posts, the love and light that he spreads through his journey is something I'd never have come across if not for his blog and his life. Grunty, you reach out to me in ways that you'll never know! MWACKKZ! Dija feel it? ;-). This song is especially for ya...it's one of my favs and I hope you like the great music in it and the meaningful lyrics...cos you're real...cos you're the only thing that makes any sense right now. Enjoy it, it's your day!


Have a good week ahead guys, will catch up with your blogs soon!


Current Music: Untouched by The Veronicas

146 Cranium Signets:

Dawn said...

Nice song btw :) Loved it.
About locking the thoughts or detaching - no one can't do it...infact when you think of not doing certain things...the thought comes more to your mind and it keeps haunting!
I liked your post - full of reality which is hidden in mind :) yet you displayed it through words :) awesome job sisy
Cheers n Hugz

Solitaire said...

Aah Keshi. The mind is NOT controllable. The thoughts are never controllable. Only actions are.

The flower vase may remind you of the flowers your ex gave you on your birthday but you can choose to not cry about it.

Makes sense?

aMus said...

hey...deep thought-provoking post!!!

**Most of the time we are all pretending that we are in control and just going on with our daily lives when deep down we are falling apart.

the mind is something which we have as our own...(controlling the thoughts is a diff issue...)i like to think that no one can interefre with te way i think, they can interfere with te way i interpret or translate my thoughts into action, but the thoughts i think....are my own...

The Grunt said...

Yes, I felt it! Did you taste the BBQ sauce? I'm honored to be featured in such a sweet way, Keshi.

Unfortunately, my voice took a big hit from the cancer and radiation treatments. Every once in a while I can hear the sweetness return. Whether my "voice" comes back or not, I'll still be singing. At least my guitar playing didn't suffer.

As for my looks, well, I look like someone who has been to hell and back. I used to lament about the tolls on my body and face that have occurred from my ordeal, but I will wear my scars and weathering with pride. It turns out that no matter how much you age me I'm gonna look handsome regardless. Cancer can go fuck itself! Hey, I figure if a beautiful girl like you wants to kiss me, I'm doing something right.

Anonymous said...

touching way you finished the post... the guy is really great.. you just made me his fan...

Vivek Muniappan said...

hey:D long time never come here d:) tc

cm chap said...

Yes ur right when u say that "There is no totally detached thought". But I guess feelings associated with it keeps chnaging based on time to time.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey...this post brings out a totally new dimension to u...great one thr!! :)

Sweetstickychewy said...

Hello Keshi.:)

***Most of the time we are all pretending that we are in control and just going on with our daily lives when deep down we are falling apart.

Thats pretty true for me at times Chica.

And yes i believe that those stuff that we just bury deep within will crawl back up possibly in other forms of manifestation. I recently met someone who told me about certain case study that she did which involved a woman's addiction to bread. And the cause of addiction particularly on bread was due to feelings of her failed marriages. its seems that your addiction has a word to say on what exactly that is within you that wants a say. I found that to be pretty interesting yet a little awakening.

:D And Kudos to Grunt for being such an inspiration to you. He is good looking indeeds.:D hehe.:)

Have a good week ahead sweets!;)

Vishesh said...

lol guess thats what life is...not everything is in our control yet everything is...as for the dude/dudette upstairs(god) lol... i know how these humans are difficult to handle !

Sameera Ansari said...

Have you read "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari"?It talks about how to control the mind and stuff,but in reality so difficult.Guess it's up to one to control their emotions first and foremost and to know where their priorities lay.Rest will take care of itself then.

Hats off to to your friend,his spirit is truly wonderful.God Bless him.Btw,thanks for the compliment in the comment dear!

Have a great week ahead babes!Hugs

Little Miss Muffet said...

i agree..the mind is totally uncontrollable..like when your friend is telling you something and a totally bitchy comment jumps in your mind, and you push it away..and even feel horrified for thinking it...surprising how the mind jumps between random thoughts at the speed of lightning! as for the first example, when you quoted about not being able to forget an ex even if you tried- i think that is probably far harder for the mind to do since it is inextricably linked with emotions instead of something random....but i guess, in the end, all that matters if how we act, for that is indeed in our control..or is it???!! how do we explain spontaneous and implusive actions then ;)

Miladysa said...

Memories are always there Keshi - if it is something you do not want to think about and it comes up try to think of something else. They will hurst less and less with the passing of time.

That Grunty is a handsome lad! ;-D

david santos said...

You are master, really, Keshi!
I loved your blog.
Very, very, very good.

To avoid such a tragedy happening again, and for the salvation of our children, we are doing a worldwide campaign, displaying the image of NURIN JAZLIN JAZIMIN in blogs all over the world on 25th April 2008. Let's not forget NURIN JAZLIN.

Thank you.

Coco said...

Yes, the thought/reminder is there,
but the EMOTION is different!!

AND NO, no one, not even a higher being can change your mind...ONLY you can change it! We are given Free will...it's up to us to choose wisely. And only 1 chance at it, too!

Take Care my friend.

Hugs & Blessings.

abhartiya said...

hey, how you doin?

sandeip said...

yes

Rho Tau GWIS said...

**I believe that the mind is the most controllable YET the most uncontrollable thing in the world..**

So true Kesh. Beautiful post!

The more you try to NOT think about something/someone, the more your mind makes you think about it. Sometimes, its best to just allow your thoughts to wander and flow freely.

Yes sweetheart, I did get your email, and I've replied you back.

Spence sends cuddles and kisses xoxox

Rho Tau GWIS said...

And, kudos to Grunt!! Kisses from carolinagal as well xxx

Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Keshi and no we can never erase the memories of yester-years be it sad or happy.

Thank you too for sharing your friend Grunty with us as I am sure it is going to be inspiration to all of us too.

Thank you yet again my pal for the birthday wishes :D

Hugs always!

KAYLEE said...

love that post you ok?

cathouse teri said...

Hello Pretty!

Keshi said...

hey Dawny yes this is one of my FAV songs too :) Im glad u liked it.


**infact when you think of not doing certain things...the thought comes more to your mind and it keeps haunting

true..and sometimes even when I never thought I'd think of certain things/ppl, those haunting thoughts come crashing down on me...


*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Solitaire!

but sometimes i CAN control my mind..like staying away from trouble :)


**The flower vase may remind you of the flowers your ex gave you on your birthday but you can choose to not cry about it.

true...but dont our Words and Actions get shaped by our Thoughts?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey TA tnxx!

** like to think that no one can interefre with te way i think, they can interfere with te way i interpret or translate my thoughts into action, but the thoughts i think....are my own...

yes I agree...


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Grunty HUGGGGGGGGZ!


**Yes, I felt it! Did you taste the BBQ sauce?

yum ;-) btw I cudnt take my mind off that line the whole of yday and today too..LOL!



**Whether my "voice" comes back or not, I'll still be singing. At least my guitar playing didn't suffer.

YEYYYYYY to ur determination! Everything that gets temporarily stopped, returns in time Grunty...so I think ur voice will come bak in full form.


**As for my looks, well, I look like someone who has been to hell and back.

well guess what, it doesnt really matter how u look now. U hv always been the Grunty I know from this pic that i hv put up in my post today. So whatever happens to u now, is due to some temp things thats happening in ur life. Even tho ur looks may hv changed, I still love and admire the Grunty in u. *HUGS*



**but I will wear my scars and weathering with pride. It turns out that no matter how much you age me I'm gonna look handsome regardless. Cancer can go fuck itself!

Spot on! Way to go mate. I really admire ur attitude towards all of this. I really do. U give a whole new meaning to LIFE...a very REAL one too.


**I figure if a beautiful girl like you wants to kiss me, I'm doing something right.

:) MWAH x 10000 LOL!


tnxx Grunty! I feel honored to hv u in my blog.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hehe tnxx Chriz!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Vivek WB! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Chap!

**But I guess feelings associated with it keeps chnaging based on time to time

yes..they may change but they never really die..

Keshi.

Keshi said...

really Gunj? Wow how d u mean? I'd like to know :)

HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Amy hows ya hun?


**And the cause of addiction particularly on bread was due to feelings of her failed marriages.

wow u serious? but I dun u'stand how BREAD is linked to it? plz explain hun...


**its seems that your addiction has a word to say on what exactly that is within you that wants a say.

profound! And I agree.


ty for the sweet words on Grunty..he's truly a marvellous person. U should check his blog out when u hv time.


*MWAHZ*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Vish!

**guess thats what life is...not everything is in our control yet everything is...

yes thats what Life is...

God is a sexy chick on a surfboard...thats what I think :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Sameera tnxx hun!


**"The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari"?It talks about how to control the mind and stuff,but in reality so difficult

no I hvnt read it but heard alot abt it. yes I agree..we can read n read abt Mind Control but its not something thats so easy to do.


HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Missy!


**..like when your friend is telling you something and a totally bitchy comment jumps in your mind, and you push it away..and even feel horrified for thinking it...

lol yes..it happens to me all the time haha!


**actions

yes we can control our actions more than we can control our thoughts...I agree.


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

tnxx Milady!


**- if it is something you do not want to think about and it comes up try to think of something else.

yeah I try hard to do that but I fail miserably LOL!


HUGS! yes Grunty is hot cakes ;-)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Dave tnxx mate!

**NURIN JAZLIN JAZIMIN

can u plz remind me when it gets closer to the 25th of April. Cos I wanna put up her pic in my blog too. Lets SPREAD THE MSG!

*HUGS* n ty!



Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Coco tnxx hun!


** We are given Free will...it's up to us to choose wisely.

I believe partly in Destiny too...Free Will is there but sometimes even Free Will dun allow us to squash some thoughts. hows that ha :)


HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Good ty Wacko and urself? :) That was quick hehe..

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Deipz tnxx I knew u'd agree :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Carolinagal tnxx hun!


**Sometimes, its best to just allow your thoughts to wander and flow freely.

so true! thats why I dun TRY hard to squash my thoughts anymore...



aww I almost felt Spencer's cute hugs...ty n lotsa HUGGGGGGGGGGZ right bak at him! :):)


Keshi.

Sweetstickychewy said...

Hello Keshi.

Am starting my engine to the week. hahaha.:P Warming up for now.;)

***wow u serious? but I dun u'stand how BREAD is linked to it? plz explain hun...

My mate told me there is an underlying meaning to everything. And they could actually find out the trigger to the addiction by the particular thing they are addicted to. I am not sure how. It might be towards the characterisitc or texture of the particular thing. I am not sure. But she has a whole series of things.

Like say for one of my gf. She loves eating crunchy peanuts. Its not her addiction. And she hardly gets mad. So when this mate of ours told us the meaning behind people with crunchy peanuts addition. As in lotsa anger within. My gf did not want to believe it. Cause she seems always so cool. Until recently she realised the underlying meaning is soo true. She indeed had a whole lot of hidden and kept anger within. My mate has a whole list of things that speak of what are the underlying reasons. There was only a few she remembered at that time though.:)

I found it to be really interesting yet as i said awakening.

I am not really sure as in how they come up with the dianosis.:))

Hope you are having an awesome day.

Did peek into Grunt's webbie.;)

Thanks Sweets! Kisses for the week! : MWAHZZZS!

Sig said...

hey babe - at work atm - will read post and comment properly later :P

Keshi said...

And Carolinagal tnxx for appreciating my wonderful friend Grunty. :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey tnxx Shionge!

**no we can never erase the memories of yester-years be it sad or happy

yes, so very true. Some ppl say bury the Past and move on..but they dun realise that the Present was made by that very Past.


HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Kaylz tell me, wut d u love abt this post? :)

Im good tnxx hun and u?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

o my my look who's calling me pretty? The very PRETTY Terri! MWAHHHHHH Im good hun n u? :)

Keshi.

general_boy said...

I believe that the mind is the most controllable YET the most uncontrollable thing in the world.

That's a very deep insight Keshi, and one I believe to largely be true.

You can't change the world and how it works... only how you percieve it. I am a pretty poor example in that regard. ;)

Globescoper said...

Hi Keshi


I think we did it again. Some of your post strongly reflects my Monday post which I posted today (Sunday), but I wrote it on Friday, and you posted yours on Monday which is our tomorrow. So, there’s no way we could have read each other’s posts before writing our posts. Are you still with me on this? LOL

This is not the post you commented on. That was my Friday post which I wrote on Friday.

I love your post. Everything is so true.

Your friend’s courage is an inspiration to all.

Hugs

Bev

fingers said...

My mind is like a huge mansion with many rooms...except most of them have no furniture inside...

Keshi said...

hey Amy I hope ur week ahead will be an awesome one!


** It might be towards the characterisitc or texture of the particular thing.

mebbe..

Thats very interesting that certain addictions hv a reason behind em..and unfed emotion maybe. WOW a truly interesting revelation. I'd like to know more abt it actually.


Are u able to get ur mate to do a post on that? Im serious.



o so u did hv a look at Grunty's blog...good on ya n tnxx hun! :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Silvaraaaaaaaaaaaa I missed ya so much! :( I know ur busy n all...

ty for dropping by hun...MWAHHHHHHHHZ!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Boy tnxx!

**You can't change the world and how it works... only how you percieve it.

very true..


**I am a pretty poor example in that regard

hehe I dun think so. I think ur doing pretty good mate.


HUGS!


Keshi.

Sneha P said...

hey keshi...
hmmm..
but u know...you cant always control the mind and ur thoughts na...

btw...loved the song..

cheers!

Sweetstickychewy said...

Ok i just read my comment. A whole lot of mistakes and typos.:P lol..

My mate ain't a blogger. But if i do get sound information about that. I wouldn't mind doing a post on that. There has to be a trigger first. hehehe..

Lovezzz..:D

Keshi said...

Just came bak from ur blog Bev..whoaaaaaaaaa r we long lost sisters or wut LOL!


**Are you still with me on this?

yes yes now I am hahaha! I was on a dizzy spell tho..thats b4 I read ur today's post LOL! That was one hell of a post hun!

ty so much n HUGS!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Fingers!


**except most of them have no furniture inside...

so u mean it's empty? awww...



Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Vitruvian tnxx hun!

**but u know...you cant always control the mind and ur thoughts na...

yes thats what Im saying :) The mind is an oxymoron...uncontrollably controllable and uncontrollably controllable. LOL!


glad u like the music..one of my favs!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

heyyya Amy!

I read past the typos cos my mind picks up the real words anyways. so dun worry :) And when Im in a rush, my comments look n sound like an illiterate person's rants too hehe.



**But if i do get sound information about that. I wouldn't mind doing a post on that. There has to be a trigger first


oh ok no worries..tnxx hun!


Keshi.

Liberal said...

very well written...it is so true that thoughts have a life of their own and an autonomy...i particularly find certain smells & touches stimulate thoughts in a way yet unexplained by any stretch of neuromotor science...the weirdest question is: are there thoughts that you have forgotten which have not yet been awakened? answering yes with a specific example will create a strange paradox I guess...just came upon your blog thru someone else's

KAYLEE said...

//Kaylz tell me, wut d u love abt this post? :)

Im good tnxx hun and u?//

all of it I wont see you for a while after today i am having surgery tuesday your wednesday :(

KAYLEE said...

//Kaylz tell me, wut d u love abt this post? :)

Im good tnxx hun and u?//

all of it I wont see you for a while after today i am having surgery tuesday your wednesday :(

maverick said...

hmm...there's a sayin tht came up in the class yesterday...a mind needs to ve thots to stay alive...a mind without thots is a dead mind...n considering the memories do remain buried somewhere deep within us...i gues a reflex action they come up when the current thots are abt to fulfil their task... :)
newaz howdy?

Ankur said...

How true!!!
I guess we love the feeling of being loved, cared, pampered, it doesnt let us remove those permanently, you somehow, associate yourself, with what has happened in the past.
With the changing times, and people, we try to compare, not intentionally, but at times, remembering, those good'ol days, when we used to laugh more often than not. When you say, right cue is met, i guess, we rescan, coz we want to.
People say, delete those memories, dont remember them anymore, deleteing physical memories is very easy, but deleting something from the mind, impossible, its like stading under the shower and tryin not to get wet.
Pretendind is wat we do, faking ourselves, most of the times, coz we feel fear of the society, coz we are hyocrites, jokers of this world, havent seen an ass doing it, pretending, they do what dey want to, guess they dont fear, fear of wat others will think abt us, and they lack the sense of judging themselves, when even it so not needed.

Mind of ours takes control over the heart, coz there is no need to forget all those, good or bad times, they will stay with us, forever, all that we can do is, we can make our present beautiful, by remembering the past, in the way, which can be decided by the mind.

It is nicely jotted down by you. :)

Cheers!!!

P.S. Blogrolled you, guess there is a lot to read abt. :D

gypsy said...

hey Keshi...

thnx for droppin by...a popular space u've got and there is a lottttt to read here...

so will be coming more often now...

blogrollin ya...

take care...

Preeti said...

Itz sooooo true tat one cn never ever forget...i mean like never ever ever...n whthr or nt we wanna think abt it, the mind wud still remember...sometimes its a gud thing...when someone really meanz a lot n u dnt wanna forgt them, even if they rnt there anymore, those happy memories remain....bt then thrz the pain too....*sigh*

thr r so many songz, placez, FOOD stuff tat remind me of so many different ppl n timez shard tat sometimez my head reelz wit all tat...

wish thingz wr easier...?!?

La vida Loca said...

I agree w/ Solitaire.
Also more u tell ur mind not to think of one thing...more it will.

Solitaire said...

Yes Keshi, our words and actions ARE shaped by our thoughts but we can choose to not act on those thoughts!

Just like the suicidal patient of mine had suicide on her mind completely but chose not to kill herself.

Hey, if you are interested, you should google stuff on "mindfulness". It talks a lot about how we should let thoughts wander in our head but still not allow us to influence them so much.

Keshi said...

heyy Liberal WC to my life :) and ty!


**particularly find certain smells & touches stimulate thoughts in a way yet unexplained by any stretch of neuromotor science...

I think certain sensory cues such as smells and touches trigger deep-sleeping memories...each memory cell is linked to a great amount of sensory perception. Somehow the human brain seems to capture it all and lock it in..atleast for a while, til the right cue is met again :)



**the weirdest question is: are there thoughts that you have forgotten which have not yet been awakened?

Very well-put!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Kaylz...

ALL THE BEST HUN MWAHHHHHHHZ! I'll pray for ya...


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Mav tnxx!

**a mind needs to ve thots to stay alive...a mind without thots is a dead mind...

true..but a very unquiet mind can be very draining too :)



**n considering the memories do remain buried somewhere deep within us...i gues a reflex action they come up when the current thots are abt to fulfil their task...

yeah but wut d u mean by 'fulfil their task'?



Keshi.

Keshi said...

WC n ty Ankur!

** When you say, right cue is met, i guess, we rescan, coz we want to.


yes ur right...the brain re-scans the snapshots it took long time ago.



**People say, delete those memories, dont remember them anymore, deleteing physical memories is very easy, but deleting something from the mind, impossible, its like stading under the shower and tryin not to get wet.

very well-said! I hv quite often come across ppl telling me to FORGET n MOVE ON etc. If Im to do that, I should replace my brain :)




**Pretendind is wat we do, faking ourselves, most of the times, coz we feel fear of the society, coz we are hyocrites, jokers of this world, havent seen an ass doing it, pretending, they do what dey want to, guess they dont fear, fear of wat others will think abt us

yes most of the time we tend to do that...cos we hv become individuals that r driven by 'society', sadly.




**there is no need to forget all those, good or bad times, they will stay with us, forever,...

yes thats right. Simply becos one cannot easily forget, unless we r amnesic or suffer from Dimentia. :) no offense to any sufferers, being quiet realistic there.


tnxx alot for that insightful comment Ankur!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Sinner WC n ty sweetz! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

yes Preeti ur right..tho ppl say forget, it's not that easy to do so. And u dun hv to try to forget...just let the thoughts roam freely...never squash em cos thats unhealthy.


**thr r so many songz, placez, FOOD stuff tat remind me of so many different ppl n timez shard tat sometimez my head reelz wit all tat

yes..and thats cos our memory cells r linked to sensory perception...they keep a snapshot of sight, touch, smell, sound and taste, only to resurface when similar cues r met.


tnxx hun!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Yes LaVida, thats why we shouldnt try to squash the thoughts..let em wander ard freely...

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey sexy babe in sunnies @Solitaire! Lovin that new pics of ur's.


**It talks a lot about how we should let thoughts wander in our head but still not allow us to influence them so much.

true..I agree that we should never try and destroy thoughts. Let em wander freely. And yeah, we CAN control the actions.


I'll look up on Mindfulness soon...tnxx hun!


*HUGZ*


Keshi.

KAYLEE said...

THANKS KESHI U ARE SO SWEET :)

desperado said...

who says you do not have control over your heart....more often than not its the bloody mind n thoughts it generates that we cannot control

have great days ahead dear :)

Prats said...

Life's complicated topics...the mind and thoughts. And you've said it right.
There is absolutely no way we can control our thoughts...

As long as we take care that the actions display true sincerity, we should learn to keep all unwanted thoughts to one side and live for the present. BUt sometimes, thoughts and actions tend to merge, cos some believe that they are related.
Its upto us to keep it independent of each other.

Bla said...

"Your mind is the center of your life"

AmitL said...

Keshi,that was quite a 'thought-full' post.I agree- no thought can be totally isolated from others.And,if you try to keep them out while awake,they creep in when you're sleeping(5 AM onwards or otherwise.hehe)

I am not sure about the mind being the most (un)controllable thing in the universe,but,yes,it is the fastest-only,we use less than1% of it's potential, as they say!

***I think spirituality of the mind is a way of life that only you can teach yourself.

Yes,absolutely..I concur with that!You're as spiritual as you can make yourself out to be-without guidance from any 'gurus'.:)

Nice to read about Grunty!Quite a remarkable fellow!

Cazzie!!! said...

You cannot forget about a past friend or lover because they have been there for part of your life's journey. Good or bad experiences they have just..been there..so, we live and learn but never forget. Hopefully we learn from bad experiences and grow as a person from them, and we embrace and run with good experiences :)

Jeevan said...

"Most of the time we are all pretending that we are in control and just going on with our daily lives when deep down we are falling apart." Very True keshi. We can’t always be on suffering of past and present, and then there will not even be a smile. We know it happened, so what, just search for a life of pleasure in that could only put us on path to continue.

Sure your friend Grunty is handsome and believed to inspire more people. Have fun always guy:)

aneri_masi said...

My mind usually runs in 5 different directions at the same time, and no way am I able to control it :(
And if I decide to not think about something, thats the very thought that bubbles up to the top of the thought-list :(

Totally outta control :((

Kalpana said...

Very True, Keshi!

Tys on Ice said...

:)...

u r such a delightful, beautiful person...

just thought i shud tell u tht...

Tarun said...

Yes, when u r pensive only pain comes to the thoughts.
When ur are have even grey can be diffrentitate into black and white.

I disagree with Solitaire's very first comment

Tarun said...

Meanwhile I did not get your comment on my blog.
Please elaborate.
Whats wrong with taking a peek at earrings?

Sairekha said...

I completely see where you're coming from Keshikins!:)
Sometimes, I think, through the pain of reliving memories (tho not wallowing too deep and too long) is a part of the important process of moving on. You'll realize in time how that sharp pain fades into a dull ache..:)

KP said...

Keshi...u cant controll certain things in ur life....:). Shit happens life goes on. "Thoughts are hard to fight cos they are linked to one another" you are right about this..:)/ At times you cant do anything....:).

Enjoy yhe week...:). Oh man its only monday.....five more days till the weekend......:). thats long week....

Solitaire said...

Look who's talking!!
Sexy and me??

All Is Whole said...

Memories are meant to be remembered.....
And the bottom line is that if you can control your mind you are saint and otherwise we all are same fragments of the super power but having limited powers.

Alok said...

"Lost some, gained some and found some memories
and suddenly exulted with realization of only
having played a game and surrendered solemnly;" - not sure if u remember the lines ... but does it sum up ...

Three cheers to Grunty's courage .... I love ur positive outlook ...

Alok

Ankur said...

//I hv quite often come across ppl telling me to FORGET n MOVE ON etc//
Well, ppl tell me the same... move on... i said.. i cant from myself!!!


//individuals that r driven by 'society', sadly.//
Thats how we shape up ourselves, from the beginning. Read this

//Simply becos one cannot easily forget, unless we r amnesic or suffer from Dimentia. :) no offense to any sufferers, being quiet realistic there.//
The existence of forgetting has never been proved: We only know that some things don't come to mind. :)

And ur post was insightful Keshi, my comments are just a reflexion of wat u have written.

Cheers!!!

Phoenix said...

Memories are beautiful, whichever way they are...and each time u go over an old one it's slightly different.
memories are our personal stories :) and thank god there are on on off suspend buttons in the mind

Pri said...

i totally agree keshi...this post makes soo much sense..
many a times we hope to forget some things..erase some memories...but they never really go away...
no matter how much we try to shove it at the back of our minds, it does manage to resurface up sometimes...:(
solitares comment made soo much sense...we cant forget some things but we can choose not to cry over it...

Paul said...

Sounds like a great guy -

ceedy said...

The very fact you jotted down these is that they are lingering within you....most of us try to avoid thinking about it rather than just let it pass when it comes....dont struggle to forget it - does not work

and great dedication - kudos to grunty for fighting it thru....

cheers mate

Cinderella said...

Oh..girl !!
You do know what a post like this means to me right ??
Memories are like guests, you know ! After a dauntingly giddy party they leave you wanting for more, and remembering the all the flashlights and lounge music..sigh..

Your every word touched me, deep inside....where the murky corners of wistful nostalgia reside...

And are so tender that they send a pang of pain the moment you begin to think of putting a finger on them.

And cheers to the enduring spirit of Grunty..he sure is handsome !!

Take care hun.
Love ya.

Gledwood said...

It's true scars from the past never go away. They can often fade so very much they're barely there; that's what I've found...

and I'm not sure I believe in the modern "counselling" outlook, that we should be picking at our mental scabs constantly and telling ourselves how dreadful they are

my counsellor used to say "what are you doing about your ANGER??!?" as if I was in constant fulminating fury

I told her (truthfully at the time) that I was channeling it into creative projects

did you know they did research after some great tragedy (might have been 9:11.) those who were forced into discussing their recollections of the event were FAR more likely to get posttraumatic syndrome; those who were simply left to their own devices to heal down the pub and at home with friends and family fared far better... which kind of rings true to me

i got shoved into counselling for being depressed and though I learned about 3 things I could list at the end of the day I thought "who are you? and why should I tell you ALL about my life when I know NOTHING of yours"!!?!

sorry slight tangent but some things you said kindof set me off...

Vik Rajagopalan said...

well apparently it looks like mind would work it's way about thinking about lost love, lost partner, lost sibling but then it is our choice to either get more offended and carry the cross till we die. Then again, what I mean is not to drop it and leave it sort of expression. These are (if ever we have good times) some zones where our mind tries to take us to subconsciously. Interestingly, again it is upto us on how we have to react.

I used to hate to go the places where my ex and I used to hang out. Then recently I decided it was all over and the bravest thing is to face the fact but still in the back of the mind the feeling still lingers ! That would come along with me till my grave I think !

Gledwood said...

ps i hope you're feeling better

didn't mean to rant

(well, not too much!!)

Shikha said...

Whenever I try to push back thoughts,I end up being depressed because its not easy to deny things which happenend..so good or bad,i look at them as 'interesting' lessons that i happened to learn:)

Keshi said...

Kalz wuts this surgery for?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Dhruv I agree..I follow my heart, not my head :)

HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Prats!


**BUt sometimes, thoughts and actions tend to merge, cos some believe that they are related.

I agree...we dun always act upon our every thought but we cant totally avoid some actions that r driven by our thoughts.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Bla hows ya?

**Your mind is the center of your life

so well-put! That line really opened new dimensions to this topic. It's our MIND that drives us thru our entire LIFE.


tnxx!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty AmitL :)


**I am not sure about the mind being the most (un)controllable thing in the universe,but,yes,it is the fastest-only,we use less than1% of it's potential

If something is the FASTEST, then it's the most Uncontrollable :) Isnt it?


tnxx Amit!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Hey Caz tnxx hun!


**You cannot forget about a past friend or lover because they have been there for part of your life's journey

Spot on! Once u KNOW, u cant UN-KNOW.


HUGS!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Jeevan tnxx mate!

**We can’t always be on suffering of past and present, and then there will not even be a smile

yes I agree. I didnt mean that we should always THINK abt such things and suffer. Wut I was saying is we cant really help some THOUGHTS popping up on our minds :)


HUGS!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Treu Aneri :)

My mind must be the FASTEST ticking thought-meter on Earth LOL!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Kalpz ty sweetz!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Tys!

**just thought i shud tell u tht...

really? awww tnxx n HUGS Tys! I feel so happy to receive a compliment like that from u.

btw ur the same..very entertaining and really FUN to be ard :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

tnxx Tarun!


**pain

it depends on the memory...some r happy and some r very painful...alot of different emotions r attached to each event behind the memory.



**I disagree with Solitaire's very first comment

that we can control our actions? explain why u disagree Tarun :)


**earrings

wut I meant was any woman wud love earrings :)


tnxx!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Ziah tnxx hun!


** I think, through the pain of reliving memories (tho not wallowing too deep and too long) is a part of the important process of moving on.

true..it's part of the process of getting better.


**You'll realize in time how that sharp pain fades into a dull ache


very true. Even with my dad's death, with time the pain has taken a different level..not completely dead, but it's just at a different level.

but sometimes that pain comes back to stab me and show me how brandnew it still is. :(


HUGS!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty KP HUGS! :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

:) Solitaire u sure r one SEXY shrink! I mean look at ya!

*MWAH* luv ya hun!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Pacifier :) WB!


**And the bottom line is that if you can control your mind you are saint and otherwise we all are same fragments of the super power but having limited powers

so true! Im not a Saint so I cant forget certain things.


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Alok!


**Lost some, gained some and found some memories
and suddenly exulted with realization of only
having played a game and surrendered solemnly

wow thats sooo neat and yes it summed it all up :)


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hi Ankur :)

**i said.. i cant from myself!!!

aww how true.


I'll get to that link soon tnxx!



**The existence of forgetting has never been proved: We only know that some things don't come to mind

that is sooo true...wow!


cheers!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Phoenix!

**and each time u go over an old one it's slightly different.

so true...its like its taken a different angle or shape..


**memories are our personal stories

beautifully put!


tnxx hun!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Pri tnxx sweetz!

**many a times we hope to forget some things..erase some memories...but they never really go away

yes..it's like turning the TV on and hoping not to see anything :)



**cry over them

yes I agree...we can control that bit. But sometimes I feel that tears r a natural reaction and we shouldnt really supress em.


*HUGS*

Keshi.

Keshi said...

yes Paul he is more than just the great looks..he's very REAL and GREAT in character too. It's not that easy to hv a terminal illness and get on with life. It takes a very BIG personality to conquer the demons.

Keshi.

Keshi said...

ty Ceedy! Ur new profile pic looks great ;-)


**most of us try to avoid thinking about it rather than just let it pass when it comes....dont struggle to forget it - does not work


yes...its best to let the thoughts roam free...squashing em wud be unhealthy for us.


yes Grunty is a GREAT guy...read my reply to Paul just above this comment.


tnxx!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

heyya Cinderella HUGS!


**Memories are like guests, you know ! After a dauntingly giddy party they leave you wanting for more, and remembering the all the flashlights and lounge music

u put that BEAUTIFULLY! How true.


And tnxx for appreciating Grunty..his life and attitude is an inspiration to many ppl out there. Look how much we complain abt lil things...and look wut Grunty is dealing with and never wastes a single day crying over it.


tnxx hun MWAH!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Gledz ty for that very insightful comment!


**those who were forced into discussing their recollections of the event were FAR more likely to get posttraumatic syndrome;

u mean they were better off or not?


**those who were simply left to their own devices to heal down the pub and at home with friends and family fared far better... which kind of rings true to me

thats true..but that depends on if the individuals concerned had a good support system at home or with friends. Some ppl dun hv that. And dealing things alone wud be a bit dangerous for those ppl.


**i got shoved into counselling for being depressed and though I learned about 3 things I could list at the end of the day I thought "who are you? and why should I tell you ALL about my life when I know NOTHING of yours"!!?!

I agree. Sometimes u feel telling ur personal stuff to a stranger is a mockery. But if u dun hv a family or friends that wud listen to ya and support ya, wut wud u do Gledz? It all depends on the support system each individual has. IMO that is :)


tnxx for that..got me thinking.


*HUGS*



Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Vikz! :)

**These are (if ever we have good times) some zones where our mind tries to take us to subconsciously. Interestingly, again it is upto us on how we have to react.

true..



**Then recently I decided it was all over and the bravest thing is to face the fact but still in the back of the mind the feeling still lingers ! That would come along with me till my grave I think !

good on ya and its true...certain memories become us...rather we become them :)


*HUGS*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Gledz u can rant away as much as u like in here :) I dun mind at all.

Im ok tnxx n u?


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Shikh WB! long time :)


**Whenever I try to push back thoughts,I end up being depressed because its not easy to deny things which happenend

true..best to let ur thoughts be free cos then u'll be a free person too :)


HUGS!


Keshi.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to control one's thoughts... Maybe talking about it once and for all does the trick. Good luck!

George said...

Anybody who has their mind locked in to a single though about a single subject can be called closed or narrow minded ... there is no thought other than my thought that is worth anything.

Doesn't that sould a lot like the religious fanatics that want everybody to be like them?

I am well Keshi ... that you for asking.

KAYLEE said...

Kalz wuts this surgery for?//

The cancer :(

Steph said...

Girl, you don't wanna know the random thoughts that go through this head. Control? Pfft!

P.S that dude is HOT! Gonna go stalk him.

gautami tripathy said...

Thoughts...are they ever detached? Yes...in a few rarer moments...

Keshi girl, how are you? I do follow you via your blog.

krystyna said...

Thank you Keshi!
Grund is really Great Man!

Huggsss!

Keshi said...

yeah that too Zhu :) tnxx!



-----------------------------------

hey George tnxx!


**Doesn't that sould a lot like the religious fanatics that want everybody to be like them?

yeah I totally agree!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

Kaylz heyy ALL THE BEST HUN!



-----------------------------------

lol Stepher ur gonna stalk Grunty now ha. Good on ya! He'd just ADORE ya awww.



Keshi.

Keshi said...

He is Krys, tnxx!

Keshi.

Gledwood said...

re family:/counselling: i take your point entirely

someone once said to me very sweetly but in totally missing the point naivety "I could counsel you far better than any of those people do..."

dur which was the whole point at that specific time especially to talk to someone OUTSIDE family

i still resent this "sit down; spill. i will nod. and reveal NOTHING about my own bloody secrets" yeah right i got tired of that especially when the counsellor (2 of them did this) tried probing my "transference" ie what I felt about THEM

in one counselling "relationship" it all got a bit intense and I know i got under this woman's skin it was almost a game at first as I SAID aloud everything (obviously in more polite words) I just said above... then ... well hard to explain but my own tailspin kind of affected her and I KNOW it did as I tricked her into admitting so which made me feel no better at all as by then all "games" were up and I felt in serious quandry

ho-hum. such is life. (specially if you see too many counsellors ;->...)

Nora said...

And a flying kiss to your friend from me too. Thanks for the link to his blog. x

Nora

Macadamia The Nut said...

This is one of the best posts i've read all week. i can't speak for others but i know i block things out. And when people or places jog my memory I block them out too.
DUH! how healthy!

The Grunt said...

I need to say that I've read the comments and have been genuinely touched by all the positive things people have had to say about me. I feel like my fight was not only to save my own life, but to uplift those around me. It gave me strength to see those around me feel better about themselves. I knew that if I gave the negative an inch it would have taken a mile.

Anyways, Keshi, you have rich blessings in store for what you've done for me. Even though the treatment is over I still face a daunting uphill climb to get my life back in order. Friends like you make the climb easier.

Judge Arse said...

Here is the catch--the harder I try not to think about something, the more I think about it! The trick is to quickly replace the unwanted thought with another one. Which is hard if there's an addiction involved.

Keshi said...

hehe Gledz I hope ur life isnt full of Counselors tho ;-)


HUGS I agree with everything u said!


-----------------------------------


hey Nora tnxx so much hun!


Im sure Grunty wud love that. :)



-----------------------------------

heyyy Macadamia!


**i can't speak for others but i know i block things out

yes we all do that some times...but we really shouldnt...


*HUGZ*



Keshi.

Keshi said...

aww Grunty Im glad. HUGS!

** knew that if I gave the negative an inch it would have taken a mile.

way to go!


**Anyways, Keshi, you have rich blessings in store for what you've done for me.

aww Grunty I hvnt done anything for ya...tho I wish I cud really be of any help to ya.


**Even though the treatment is over I still face a daunting uphill climb to get my life back in order.

I sure can u'stand that..even tho Im not in ur shoes, I cud almost feel how hard it must be to go thru something like that.



**Friends like you make the climb easier.

aww im glad u feel that way abt me. I feel ALIVE when friends say things like that to me. *MHAH*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

very true Judge! Its like the mind is a bitch trying to get the better of us LOL!


Keshi.

Keshi said...

hey Gautami HUGS n ty sweetz!



Keshi.